Chpt. 9

Chpt. 9

A Chapter by VincentRayne

Madeline managed to get a ride with a patrolman but unfortunately had no clue where to start. She had been told that there might be another killer and if that was the case then finding out if it was true was top priority. Madeline was also told that in a wooded area near by was where Sabrina first found Kayla and then Sabrina’s friend supposedly saw the murder of several other people by this other killer. That at least gave her two leads. She wanted to at least see about her second option first because it should be easier to find. Finding out where Sabrina met Kayla in the woods would be like finding a needle in a haystack and Madeline mentally kicked herself for not asking.

“Did you hear anything about the murder of several people last night?” Madeline asked the patrolman.

“No, the only reports I got were a series of random screams but everyone assumed it was just a bunch of drunks on a night out. It is Saturday after all.”

“But were any bodies found?”

“I’m afraid not and it hasn’t been late enough for people to file any missing persons reports.”

“I see. Well, I want to check it out anyway. There might be something there that whoever cleaned up the scene left behind or didn’t see during the night.”

“Either that or the bodies will turn up.” When they arrived at the area where the yelling and screaming was said to have taken place Madeline got out of the car and immediately started looking around for anything suspicious. The area was a T-intersection that was on the outskirts of the city and therefore busy at all. After a half-hour of searching the area Madeline climbed back into the car, her long dark hair a little damp from the light drizzle.

“Well, if there was any blood then either it was cleaned up very well or the rain that went on all last night washed it away.”

“I see.” The patrolman put the car back in drive. “Where to next, then?”

“I want to check out those woods back in the area from where we came.”

“You got it.” The drive took less then five minutes and Madeline got out of the car and into the drizzling rain once again.

“Sit tight. I’ll be back in thirty minutes.” Madeline told the man and he gestured a salute. As Madeline headed deeper into the forest she found herself wondering more and more why she was there in the first place. The woods were creepy when there was no one with her and everything looked the same everywhere she went. If it weren’t for the compass on her watch she would have most likely have gotten lost. After seeing that every tree was like the other Madeline finally decided to turn back. It had only been ten minutes since she had left the car and that meant another ten minutes heading back.

As Madeline trudged back she notice a brush that had a small mound underneath it. Madeline rushed to it hoping that her luck wasn’t too good to be true. She fitted on her rubber gloves and started removing the dirt. She saw what looked like a wing and then heard a noise from within the woods. Madeline spun around and looked to see if anyone was coming. She suddenly had a heavy feeling of someone watching her and she quickly uncovered the dirt that was covering the crow. Madeline took out a plastic zip lock bag from within her jacket and place the dead crow inside. The feeling was still with her even as she practically ran back to the car. When she arrived at the car she was relieved to she the patrolman and his vehicle still there.

The man had his face covered with a newspaper and his seat reclined back. Obviously, getting a quick nap while Madeline was away. She opened the door and sat in her passenger seat with a heavy sigh and put the bagged crow in the back seat.

“Alright, this was our last stop for the day so you can rest after you drop me off back at the train station.” Madeline said and pulled the newspaper from the patrolman’s face to only have a distorted expression starring with white eyes out the front window. Madeline screamed and fell out of the car. Her heart feeling like it would burst through her chest. She quickly opened the back seat door and grabbed the crow. She then started to run in the direction of the train station. A lone vehicle on the rode approached and Madeline waved her arms to flag them down. The vehicle slowed to a stop and man exited the SUV with a gun in hand. He was dressed in a black suit with an earpiece in his ear.

Madeline turned to run but slipped in a puddle on the road and hit her knee on the pavement. The man was instantly on top of her. She managed to turn over and punch the man, quickly, in the jaw. The hit knocked him off balance enough for Madeline to push him off of her. Madeline reach for the assailant’s weapon and another person grabbed her from behind. The first person that attacked her threw a hard punch to Madeline’s stomach and she doubled over and didn’t move.



© 2010 VincentRayne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
Added on October 11, 2010
Last Updated on October 11, 2010


Author

VincentRayne
VincentRayne

Los Angeles, CA



About
I'm pretty quiet and keep to myself most of the time but I don't mind expressing myself through creativity. I love drawing, writing, playing the guitar, bass, violin, and piano. I play video games as .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by VincentRayne


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by VincentRayne