Beauty is In The Eye Of The Beholder (Ramona)

Beauty is In The Eye Of The Beholder (Ramona)

A Chapter by A. V. Madison
"

This chapter takes place 3 weeks after the end of BIBT (Boys in Blue Tuxedos)

"

"All raise before the presence of Judge Herald McCarton." Said a lanky officer with a crackly deep voice.

We all stood. I smoothed out my dress. It was a little chiffon gown. It had a sweetheart neckline, and on the tag was written Jayce's name. Because in honor of my friend, who had recently murdered 7, and now 6 were identified, I had been given permission to all her belongings. I was also wearing Rayce's favourite color. B***s.

"Be seated." The officer commanded.

I did as told.

Rayce and I have been going steady for a few days now. It's a cool, Sunday afternoon and all these people would probably rather be at a church service than in a courtroom in south Maryland.

It was so hot. So very, very, very hot.

Jayce Leonard entered the courtroom. There was obviously tears in my eyes. Jayce was like my sister, and she was Rayce's twin (older by a insignificant 3 minutes).

The judge droned on and on. Jayce held eye contact with me the entire time. She told the truth to everyone. She told them how Rayce wanted her gone, and in the heat of the moment, she ran away.

None of us wanted to be here.

It was first-degree murder, the judge stated once or twice.

Jayce kept pleading innocent. Even though we all knew she was guilty.

She began crying right there on the stand.

"Is there a problem, Ms. Leonard?" Judge McCarton asked her.

She wiped her tears and surveyed the small room of people.

"Yes, Judge. There indeed is a problem." Her crackly voice spoke.

"Please then speak now." He ordered seriously.

"Yes, your honor," She gulped uneasily, "I have a brother. You've probably heard me mention him once or twice. He means the world to me... I let him down. July 7th, 2012 was the worst nigth of my life. I was potentially kidnapped, as some might say, by a man named Asher Carmichael. He threw me in the back of his van, alongside my best-friend, or rather sister, Ramona Javier."

The judge sighed.

"Is she in this room?"

"Yes."

"Please rise, Ms. Javier."

I stood, uncertainly.

"Continue." The judge said.

"This girl, standing right here, saved my life. I was beaten that night. I was a victim of attempted murder and domestic violence. If it wasn't for Ramona- I would not have gotten out of there. Alive."

She had the entire jury in the palm of her hand.

"I had suffered trauma. The day after that kidnapping, I went home with Ramona. To my home, I mean. Where she and my twin brother Rayce fell in love. Rayce told me that he wanted me gone. So I figured, well, I don't want to die. So I'll run away. The person on the bank camera tape is simply a look-alike. That is not me. I can't go to jail, you honor!"

"That's enough, Ms. Leonard."

The jury and the judge exited to thier chambers to think it over.

My heart nearly skipped a beat when they returned.



© 2012 A. V. Madison


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on May 19, 2012
Last Updated on May 19, 2012


Author

A. V. Madison
A. V. Madison

Only a Kid, But Hard To Scare, CA



About
I'm Maddie. Clumsy. Short-tempered. Quite an oddball. Sort of silly. I make big plans then never do them. I have a fascination with tiny lights. I have atelophobia and OCD. I am the definition.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by A. V. Madison