Waiting Room (Ramona)

Waiting Room (Ramona)

A Chapter by A. V. Madison

I hate knowing she deserves this.
And the moment the words penetrate the judge's lips, a cry off terror is unleashed from the people watching.

"Blasphemy!" Screams somebody.

"A disgrace to the American Law System!" Yelps another.

Rayce and I begin to cry little soft tears of joy.

"Enough! Enough!" Yells the judge, "I have spoken the final say, and Miss Jayce Leonard is found innocent of the 1st degree murder on July 8th, 2012."

Jayce is having somesort of phsychotic meltdown right in front of everyone.

She's coming home. She's coming home.

"I can't believe it..." Rayce whispers just audibly enough for me to hear. My pink lips murmur something so quiet, that over the rest of the crowd's voices, I can't even hear.

Everything silences down, and Jayce is taken back again.

People are released through big wooden doors, and tread on these dark bown mahogany floors.

♥      ♥     ♥

 

"Jayce, I love you so much right now that I could squash you if I tried to hug you! But today, you were found innocent, so I think you deserve a little squashing!" Rayce, Mrs. Leonard, and I all bearhugged Jayce.

"I'm so sorry I didn't get in that car with you, Rayce. If I had, this all never would have happened," She says in tears to Rayce.

Rayce is also crying, and says in a crackly voice, "I for... I forg... I forgive... I forgive you, Jayce."

"I love you 'lil bro." She says quietly.

"I love you, big sis." He says in returns and hugs her. Jayce kisses his forehead.

She turns to me, "I never should have let you get in that car, Ramona. It's my fault."

"S'not your fault, Jay." I said, rubbing my nose.

"Yeah, yeah it is."

"Whatever." I popping my knuckles.

"I love you, lil sis." She says to me with a wide grin.

"I love you too, big sis."

We hug and I whisper in her ear, "I'm eight months older than you."



© 2012 A. V. Madison


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on May 20, 2012
Last Updated on May 20, 2012


Author

A. V. Madison
A. V. Madison

Only a Kid, But Hard To Scare, CA



About
I'm Maddie. Clumsy. Short-tempered. Quite an oddball. Sort of silly. I make big plans then never do them. I have a fascination with tiny lights. I have atelophobia and OCD. I am the definition.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by A. V. Madison