This writing has been deleted.
Chapter 4- Human Kindness

Chapter 4- Human Kindness

A Chapter by WoLf

Jack Davidson was a kind man; he lived out near the forest. He loved to study nature and watch animals as well as care for them. But never had he thought of this, a wolf. A step up from the usual things he cared for such as birds and small animals like opossums and squirrels. The wolf was a silent one, he didn’t really do anything just watch Jack and sleep. Jack had wrapped a bandage around the wound that had been left from the bear trap, it had bleed some but he managed to stop the bleeding before it got too severe. He first washed the cut to insure no rust poisoning. The wolf seemed almost thankful for what Jack had done. He could almost feel the wolf’s thoughts as though there was some kind of connection. During the first few days together the wolf had mostly slept but after a while started to open up to Jack acting like some kind of dog. Jack would go out to observe birds during the afternoons and the wolf followed, sometimes even licking Jack’s face. Strange things to be seen from a wolf.

 

Shadow liked the man he was good hearted, he could sense it. Shadow knew soon he would have to leave the man, but for some reason did not want to. The human fed him delicious meat and had given him a makeshift bed. “Why did my mother say you can never trust a human, this one is so nice, how could he possibly be a threat to me”? Shadow thought. He never saw the human act violent or attempt attacks on him. It was strange, both being from two completely different worlds and yet being able to mingle so well. During a sunny afternoons, the human took Shadow out for a walk it seemed to be something he did a lot. When coming to a cliff out cropping, the human crouched down and gestured to Shadow to duck down too. Shadow watched the humans eyes narrow at the thing he believed was what the human was looking at. A large bald eagle was perched on a small rock. The human held up some kind of black things that covered his eyes. He gasped with satisfaction “what a beauty, ain’t she”? Shadow didn’t speak or make a sound. His eyes scanned over the bird. Its wings glistened a brilliant brown. It was a pretty bird, Shadow never imagined a human being this fascinated by another creature. He looked up to the human; his face had a large smile spread across it. Shadow couldn’t help but smile back. He waged his tail happily as the human gave a small chuckle. They returned back late that evening, spending a few hours by the creek where Shadow attempted to grab fish from the swift stream. The moon rose high, night had finally peeked over the land. Shadow reared back and howled. He’d always hope his parents might hear him. Unfortunately, Shadow didn’t know how to send messages through howls. His howls were sent out as simple sound, no words. Thinking about his parents made Shadow wonder, where was Crystal? What had happened to her? Another morning rises and Shadow stepped outside beside the human.  

 

About a week later the human had opened his “door” as he had heard the human call it this at times. He stepped outside and Shadow followed him out. Shadow was too excited and was curious as to what was going to happen now; he wagged his tail in excitement. He looked up to the human who was now knelling next to him. “Well little guy its time you rejoin your pack, return to the wild”. Shadow understood him perfectly and nodded knowing it was time for him to go. He licked the human’s face one last time and turned and ran off into the tall grass.

 

Jack stood stunned, that the wolf understood him somehow. The wolf nodded in agreement to his statement, Jack had never seen anything like it. Confused he stumbled back into his house. He could still not believe that something like that was real. He looked over at an empty beer bottle and simply nodded. No wonder he thought the wolf nodded to him, he simply decided to forget about it and slid into bed.



© 2011 WoLf


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
Added on July 3, 2011
Last Updated on July 3, 2011


Author

WoLf
WoLf

CA



About
Just the average guy doing his thing. Current project(s): Winchester Grove Finished Projects: Through Wolves Eyes Series Future Project(s): Wolvrens of Frost Creek (name subject to change) more..

Writing