Busses...

Busses...

A Chapter by Silent Wolf
"

11/24/13 - 11/25/13

"
I stood in my photography class, my old film camera dangling from around my neck, eagerly awaiting the end of the day, where my photography teacher would be taking us on a field trip to take some pictures up in the mountains. 
Fifteen minutes before the end of the school day, all the girls filed out of the school and out the back towards the bus, running to try to get there quicker. I giggled and linked arms with my friend Sarina and ran with her to the bus. We quickly climbed on and took the seat right behind the bus driver, an impatient woman. 
People were still standing, waiting to get on the bus, when she decided to take off. She drove a little ways, and we told her to stop, but she said she'll pick them up on her next trip. She slowed down a little ways for more people to get on, letting the guys come on with all the equipment, then taking off again before all the guys were even on, and this time, she didn't stop again. 
As we made our way towards the mountains, I looked back and noticed that the bus was more than half empty, in fact it barely had any people on it. We had two teachers in the back for about a dozen students. My photography teacher flipped her hair, and when she came back up, it looked like she had an afro, but when she turned her head, I saw it was her naturally long, curly brown hair. 
Halfway up the mountain, the bus driver stood up and walked towards the back of the bus, and the photography teacher smiled and had us all clap for her. She stood in the middle of the isle, admiring herself among the clapping. I leaned out the window to get a better view of the river right next to us. I noticed that we were heading off the side of the road and nearly screamed. 
"Get back behind the wheel!" I shouted as we crashed into a sign off the side of the road. I remember, it was a green sign telling what highway or road we were on. 
And then, the bus lurched sideways, then tipped as we flew off the side of the road and flew across the sky towards the river. I screamed and flew out the window mid air, landing hard on my back in the river that luckily wasn't even ankle deep, knocking the wind out of me. For a few moments, I couldn't see, couldn't breathe, couldn't think. And then I remembered Sarina and rolled over, not caring about the pain in my body or the fact that my back was soaking wet, and dragged myself along the bank towards where the bus was. 
"Sarina!" I screamed, my voice raspy, then coughed. 
I managed to get to the bus just as Sarina threw herself out the window into the river. I pulled her into my arms and shakily rose to my feet. Other people were pulling themselves out of the bus, and I went over to check on them, holding Sarina in my arms. 
"Come on, we have to go get help." I said rasply. 
I walked over to the hill we fell from and started climbing, eventually making it up to the guard rail, Sarina in my arms. 
"Help!" I screamed at the cars passing by. 
Most continued driving, but some stopped and went down to help. Somebody hooked up a screen telling what happened to the guardrail and more people stopped. I felt sick, like I was about to pass out, but still I continued. 
"Help!" I screamed at some more cars passing by. 


© 2019 Silent Wolf


Author's Note

Silent Wolf
Let me just say, my friend is a little blonde midget, and she's proud of it. No, this is not my photography teacher, but she was in my dream. :) My friend is also in photography, but she's not in my class.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Lovely dialogue here; very natural. The biggest problem with writing dialogue is making it seem believable, like it's actually happening between two people as you write. You did an amazing job of that here.

It's really amusing and well done and just awesome. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Lol. Yeah, I kind of enjoyed this dream...



Reviews

Lovely dialogue here; very natural. The biggest problem with writing dialogue is making it seem believable, like it's actually happening between two people as you write. You did an amazing job of that here.

It's really amusing and well done and just awesome. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Lol. Yeah, I kind of enjoyed this dream...
Bravo! lovely. I hope this motivates you, and it could be a great story too.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

I thought so too. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

17 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 25, 2013
Last Updated on December 7, 2019
Tags: bus, car accident


Author

Silent Wolf
Silent Wolf

Insanity, My own little paradise



About
♥♥♥♥♥UPDATES!!!♥♥♥♥♥ (updated as of 11/22/17) ~I've graduated high school. I've got a full time job. -I am still writing Simli.. more..

Writing
Raven Raven

A Story by Silent Wolf



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chime Chime

A Chapter by Silent Wolf


Again Again

A Poem by Aly