Chapter 2 (Mr. Roy G. Biv)

Chapter 2 (Mr. Roy G. Biv)

A Chapter by Writing Rabbit
"

This is chapter two to Mr. Roy G. Biv, written by me, Writing Rabbit.

"

English is boring. So boring that I cannot stand to keep my eyes open longer than five minutes. I don’t  know if the class is more boring than normal due to the fact that I am anxious to leave school and go to Caleb’s or if it is because The Pearl by John Steinbeck is just unbearable. Going to Caleb’s means that I can spend time with him and get away from my house. Anyway, I don’t even understand why we have to read this story. Who cares about some pearl that is better than all the others? What am I supposed to learn from this short story? By the way, this story is not short. It is such a long story!
This period is fun though. I sit across from Caleb and our friend Alice, who actually has blonde hair that flows and blue eyes and is a bit of an airhead, and we mess around the whole time, in a teasing and loving way of course. We wouldn’t hurt her in anyway. Occasionally, one of us will get a detention and then get pissed at the others. Right now, we have been writing on a piece of paper and have been passing it when the teacher isn’t paying attention, which is most of the time.

To make sure we know who wrote what, we had to write our names before we wrote something. It got a bit annoying after a while when we would think someone’s writing was someone elses.


Alice: What are you guys doing after school?
Caleb: I think Leo is coming over. Are you?
Leon: Yeah, I planned on it.
Caleb: That’s good. I need help with history and math :)
Leon: Of course you do. What are you doing after school, Alice?
Alice: I might finish my book or start a new one. I’m not sure yet.
Caleb: Sounds like fun.
Alice: Hey, Caleb?
Caleb: Yeah?
Alice: Would you like to go to the movies on Saturday or Sunday?


Although Alice never admitted it, she had a huge crush on Caleb. Her other friends, Caleb, and me have asked her multiple times to fess up for her feelings but she kept on telling us we were stupid and went on her way. That means she obviously likes Caleb. Especially if she keeps on asking him out on a date.


Caleb: I’m sorry but I can’t. I have a surprise for someone. Saturday is December 4th afterall.
Leon: You don’t have to do anything. Go do something fun or useful.
Alice: It’s almost Leon’s birthday? Holy crap!
Leon: Please don’t do anything for me.
Caleb: Too late :D
Alice: I’m going to do something for you and you’re going to like it. Sorry, Leo.
Leon: Don’t call me Leo.
Alice: Why? Caleb calls you Leo all the time. Why can’t I?
Leon: That’s different.


Caleb cocked his head at me and I shook mine. A fake smile told him that something was up and he lightly kicked my shin. I always wondered about him when it came to relationships. Caleb was protective when it came to his emotions but it was still strange. He was extremely attractive, every girl thought so, and he never dated anyone. I don’t even know if Caleb has kissed anyone. I kind of wonder if he has a crush on someone or doesn’t even care about dating.
Right when I was about the grab the paper and ask Caleb a question, the teacher, Mrs. Sandler, stormed over to us. “What do you three think you’re doing? We are at a very important part.” She took the notes and shook her head in shame. I was a good student at the beginning. We all were, but when she let us choose our own seats soon after the school year started, all of us have been troublemakers. “I am taking these and you won’t get them back. Now, Alice, please start reading from where we left off.”
Alice was no fool. She knew exactly where we were due to the fact that she could multitask. I’ll never understand girls.


-


By the time school was over (2:45), I could hardly keep my eyes open. In every single class of mine, we either did so much work or we did nothing. There was no happy medium. I’m stuck here for even longer though. Caleb has decided to do swim and dive so I have to wait for him to be done. I can’t watch practice because I’m not in that sport, the library is closed so there goes that option, and bowling never started because hardly anyone wanted to play. Such a fun year…

I have to sit in an empty cafeteria with The Pearl as my only friend. No one I know is here because they are either in basketball or they left ages ago. So, I started reading.

The Pearl actually isn’t that bad of a book. It’s not the most fascinating thing to read but it was something. Kino, the main character, just started to leave his village with his wife, son, and the “pearl of the world”. I wish that Caleb could get done so we can go on our own journey to his house. Or on any journey. It doesn’t really matter. Nothing else is really happening in the story though. Well, I bet more is happening but my mind isn’t really processing it. I still read on.


-


Caleb’s house was the same. I helped him with work he could do well on his own. His little sister, Nia, asked me about the recent books I’ve read and the anime shows I’ve watched. I bugged Caleb about my birthday present happening on Saturday but he wouldn’t budge. It has been annoying me ever since he mentioned it in English.
Now, I am in my car outside of my house trying to gain the courage to go inside. You can do this. There’s no reason why you should be afraid of them. They’ll just ignore you in the end.

I’m so good at pep talk.
I unbuckled my seatbelt. Slowly got out of my car and walked slower than molasses. Going this slow was only making my stomach twist in tighter knots but I couldn’t help it. I was extremely overwhelmed by just walking into my home. This was serious business and I was about to step through a minefield. It seems pathetic but if you were to step into my shoes and deal with my parents, you’d understand. The front door opened without my brain processing it and Apollo came rushing towards me. He’s such a good dog.
“Leon is that you?” A female voice, which was musical and reminded me of all of the times she sang to me as a child, was calling me from the kitchen.

Slowly, I shut the door and walked through the entryway, and into the kitchen with my trusty dog beside me.
Here I go.


© 2014 Writing Rabbit


Author's Note

Writing Rabbit
I can't believe that I finished this as soon as I did. I hope you enjoy this chapter and I'll be working on Chapter 3 as soon as I can. Again, thank you for reading. If you want, review my writing (because I'm sure that I got a name wrong and my grammar is probably off), and I'll review your writing when I can :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on March 10, 2014
Last Updated on May 1, 2014


Author

Writing Rabbit
Writing Rabbit

WA



About
"Blessed are the weird people: poets, misfits, writers, mystics, painters, troubadours: For they teach us to see the world through different eyes." - Jacob Nordby I, like many others, consid.. more..

Writing