2 ~ Hayate

2 ~ Hayate

A Chapter by Keevan

Nana had her arms crossed as her dad drove her to school in his silver pickup. She leaned her head against the window, her head still pounding from her hangover.

     "School doesn't start for half an hour," she said. "so are you kicking me out early because you want to see Junko again?" He grunted. "Or maybe you could give mom a call."

     "You know she won't want to talk to me," he grumbled. "Don't even mention that woman."

     "Takume Ichinose," Nana said. "Takume Ichinose."

     "What did I just say?!" he shouted. Nana's father hated the mention of his ex-wife.

     "Oh, c'mon, Akio," Nana said. "lighten up. It's been almost a year now that she completely abandoned us and went to Europe."

     "Exactly," Akio said as he pulled into the school drop-off zone. "she abandoned us. Now, get out. You're walking home today."

     "Fine, I don't need your help, anyway--" Nana said, opening the door. She got out, faced him and said, "--you b*****d!" She quickly slammed the car door closed and walked away before he could react.

     Ah, school, she thought, staring blankly ahead and ignoring each face she passed on the campus. My first hell hole. It was true, too. School was where things started to get bad. Nana was a regulat in detention, and the weird punk girl who no one wanted to know. They didn't need to fight her to know she was tough and independent. They didn't need to meet her to know she didn't want to meet them.

     "Good morning, Nana," a boy said, walking up to her with mock kindness in his voice.

     "Who the hell are you, and how do you know my name?" Nana asked without stopping.

     "Stop walking for a minute," he said, about to grab her wrist. She froze and her arm lashed out, gripping onto his wrist.

     "What do you want?" Nana asked, annoyance thick in her voice. She didn't turn to face him.

     "I'm just hurt that you don't know my name," he said, overly dramatic. "I'm Daisuke Kazuki. I'm the captain of the soccer team."

     "Why would I care, dyke?"

     "Well, Nana Ichinose, I've been spying on you for a while," he began.

     "Perv," Nana said, cutting him off. She dropped his wrist and started walking again.

     "I gotta say," Daisuke said, catching up to her. "you interest me, despite what everyone says about you."

     "And just what do they say?" Nana asked, clearly uninterested.

     "That you're a delinquent with parental issues."

     "Right on the money." Nana leaned against the school building and looked up at Daisuke. He was handsome, with pale blonde hair, bright blue eyes, and a smile that showed his perfect teeth. He was the kind of guy that most girls would drool over. But not Nana.

     "Why you still here, dyke?"

     "Would you call me by my name, Nana?" he asked.

     "I want nothing to do with you," Nana said, crossing her arms. "so beat it, b*****d."

     "Fine," Daisuke said, holding up his arms in surrender but with a cocky smile. "but I'll be back, punky."

     "A*s," Nana muttered as he walked away. The first bell rang, and Nana entered the building.

 

She was kind of confused when she went to her locker. There was a boy there that she had never seen before. He was trying to open the locker to the left of her's.

     Nana shrugged and went to her locker. He noticed her, but didn't say anything. She opened her locker quickly, and saw that this new boy was still struggling.

     He's cute, I guess, Nana thought. He had sandy brown hair that was swept over his deep green eyes. His skin was tan and his uniform only made it stand out.

     "Locker troubles?" Nana asked when she put her bag in her locker and took out what she needed for homeroom and first hour.

     "Uh, yeah," he said. "I forgot the second number for my combination."

     "Move," Nana said, lightly shoving him aside. She took hold of the combination lock and punched the door gently. It opened.

     "Nice," the boy said. "How did you do that?"

     "Nearly three years of breaking into lockers," Nana said, closing her's.

     "Well, thanks," the boy said, extending his hand for her to shake. "my name's Hayate Ibuki. Today's my first day."

     "Name's Nana Ichinose," Nana said, not shaking his hand.

     "Ah, right," he said, taking his hand back. He took a peice of paper from one of his folders and said, "Could you tell me where my homeroom is?" Nana took his schedule and looked at it.

     "Homeroom," she read aloud. "room 109 with Ms. Anko." Nana sighed and gave him back his schedule. She leaned against his locker and waited for him to finish putting his stuff in.

     "Well, Nana?" he asked. "Are you going to tell me or not?"

     "I'm waiting for you," she said. "we have the same homeroom and all, so I should show you rather than tell you." He smiled at her.

     "Okay, let me finish up here." Hayate put his bag in his locker, looked at his schedule again, and got a notebook, pen, and red paper folder which would probably be covered in doodles by the middle of the year. It was only November.

     "What's your first hour?" he asked once Nana led the way to room 109.

     "Math. You?"

     "Science."

     "With Mr. Masaru?" 

     "Yeah."

     "Sucker."

     "He's a bad teacher?"

     "You have no idea."

     "Hmph." They walked in silence for a little while, people in the crowded halls giving weird looks Nana's way considering she was walking with someone for once.

     They finally arrived at Ms. Anko's room, which was a World History room.

     "People must not like you much," Hayate said when they entered.

     "I'm used to it," Nana said, setting her stuff on a desk in the back and sitting down. Hayate stood awkwardly next to her, looking around the room.

     "It's Homeroom," Nana said. "so you can sit anywhere you want. But, you might want to go introduce yourself to Ms. Anko first."

     "Ah, right," he said. He made his way to the front of the room and greeted the teacher, a woman in her early fifties who was a very cheerful woman who loved her job. Ms. Anko had silver hair which was always tied in a bun. She wore the standard teacher uniform, which was a white blouse and black pants for women. The same as the uniforms for female students.

     She happily greeted him back and asked him to tell her a bit about himself, considering he would have to do it in front of the class when it started.

     "Poor kid," Nana mumbled to herself, staring at her desk. "this day will go on forever for him."

 

"My name is Hayate Ibuki," Hayate said in front of the class. "My family and I just moved here from the south. My interests are art and music, and I have one sibling, a little sister named Midori."

     "Nice to meet you, Hayate," the class said without enthusiasm or optimism. Hayate looked kind of embarrassed, but he quickly covered it up with a good-natured smile.

     "Well, welcome to our school, Hayate," Ms. Anko said. "Since this is Homerom, sit wherever you like. But, that's your permanent spot until the end of the year." Hayate nodded and looked around. His eyes centerd on Nana, isolated in the back.

     Don't you dare...! Nana thought menacingly as he started walking down the rows of occupied desks.

     He dared. He put his stuff on the desk next to Nana's and said, "Looks like I'm sitting next to you in Homeroom, Nana."

     "Wonderful," Nana muttered as she felt the whole class's eyes on her and Hayate. "Just wonderful."



© 2011 Keevan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

That locker thingy made me laugh. Nana was like "WAACHA" and Hayate was like "O.O" Lol. Great work! ONTO CHAPTER 3!

Posted 13 Years Ago


"Don't you dare...!" Loved the ending.
I really like how you put his together. I like how you portrayed Hayate and Nana. It all really flowed well.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I loved the end of this chapter too. It was funny in my opinion. I want them to be close because she at least deserves one good person in her life and he seems like he is going to be the one. I love this book so far. Can't wait to read more.

Posted 13 Years Ago


HAHA I loved the end of it of this chapter. XD I'm really starting to like this book, Keevan. I'm glad you told me to read the first chapter lol.
I really hope that Hayate and Nana become friends or something. I think Hayate is a cool character, just like Nana. They seem rather different, though...
Anywho, good chapter! :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hm. The introduction of this new character is surely interesting enough. I think that Nana and he will go far together. This is getting better and better. Be sure to send me Read Requests upon upcoming chapters!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

327 Views
5 Reviews
Added on March 19, 2011
Last Updated on April 12, 2011


Author

Keevan
Keevan

MN



About
This account is active from time to time, but not much. If you send me a message or friend invite, odds are I won't respond. Since I"m in college, I'll be here from time to time but there are abso.. more..

Writing
Experiment 909 Experiment 909

A Story by Keevan


I I

A Chapter by Keevan