6 ~ Fight

6 ~ Fight

A Chapter by Keevan

"You nasty old pervert!" Nana screamed when she entered the apartment. She stomped down the hall and turned the corner to where her father's room was. The door was open a crack, and Nana hovered outside it, afraid of what she would see if she just barged in.

     "Akio!" she shouted. "Wake up!" She heard her father grumbling, a muffled "gimme a sec", and then he was at the door in his robe and striped pajama bottoms. "What is it, girlie?"

     "Pervert!" Nana shouted again. She was so angry she couldn't think of any other insult. "Pervert! Pervert!"

     "What did I do that was so bad?" he asked, leaning in the door way. "Hey, where's Jun?"

     "She told me to tell you she left," Nana said, trying to calm down. "Dad, please don't tell me you slept with her..."

     "No point in lyin'," he said, pushing past her and walking to the kitchen.

     "Dad!"

     "I'm a grown man, Nana," he said, sounding like he's had enough of the conversation. "You can't tell me what to do and how to live, you're seventeen."

     "What about mom?!" Nana asked as she followed him into the kitchen, where he opened the fridge and took out a ban of beer, setting it on the counter in front of him. "Did you even think about her?"

     "You've got to let that b***h go, Nana!" Akio shouted, slamming his fists on the counter and knocking over his beer.

     Nana froze. Her father had never raised his voice like that to her before.

     "She's gone," Akio said, his voice level. "Forget about her."

     "Dad," Nana said, recovering. "do you hate mom that much for leaving?" He didn't respond.

     "Well, dad, I understand that you can date and whatever since you're divorced and all," Nana said, her mind now clear. "but why hookers? Go out on a few dates and find someone you really love."

     "I love Junko," he whispered.

     "I'm not okay with that, old man," Nana said, her voice rising. "You're not going to fall in love with some hooker who's whored herself out to a thousand other men for their money. No, dad."

     "Nana," her father said slowly, turning around and facing her. He glared at her, and she glared at him.

     Akio struck her across her face, leaving a sting and a pink mark on her cheek. "You're not in charge of who I date."

     "You're not dating her," Nana said in a low dark voice, her head down. "You're just using her as your play thing to think that you love her, and she loves you."

     "What do you know about love, girlie?" he asked her, his voice as level as her's.

     "I don't know," Nana said, lifting her head and glaring at her father. "my parents didn't love me, and neither did my dead sister. I don't know what love is, I guess!"

     "That's right, you don't, you underachieving little b***h!" Akio shouted, shoving Nana back into the wall.

     "B*****d!" Nana shouted, running away to her room and quickly locking her bedroom door once she was in. Her face stung, and now her back had a slight ache from smacking the drywall so hard.

     "Damn it," she muttered, feeling her cheek. "God, damn it!" She felt tears slip from her eyes and slowly roll down her face as she slid down against her bedroom door, watching as the room slowly got darker. She had never been on good terms with her father, but he had pushed it way too far this time.

     Hours later, when she thought her father had finally gone to sleep, Nana snuck into the kitchen, grabbed a six-pack of her father's beer, and almost silently snatched her coat off of the hook by the door and left the apartment. To where, she didn't know. Anywhere but where she was then.

 

Frozen images flashed through her mind. Of her mother, Takume, her bright smile and happy eyes that were always directed at Nani.

     Images flashed of her father, before he started losing his hair, and when his only two loves were Takume and Nani.

     More frozen images of her childhood, Nani playing a difficult song on piano, Nani accepting a perfect attendance award, Nani getting praise for maintaining a perfect 4.0 GPA. Nani going to a school dance with the boy at school who all the girls drooled over and worshipped.

     And then there was Nana. Sitting alone at lunch. Getting picked on. Bullying other kids. Getting detention. Straight D's and F's on her report cards. Getting scolded by the teachers. By her parents. By other parents. By everybody, it seemed.

     Damn you all was Nana's signature phrase she repeated again and again. I don't need your help or guidance. Leave me alone.

     Now, frozen images of Nani when she hung herself. That lifeless corpse with the crooked neck and gaping mouth hanging from the ceiling fan, Nani's lifeless eyes staring at you.

     When Nana heard about what happened to Nani, she went into that room and felt death's cold presence, even though Nani had been moved out.

     Things seemed to happen so fast after that, her parents arguing and moving out, and Takume saying she's had enough. When she showed Akio the passport and plane ticket, Akio didn't believe her. And then Takume was gone. She never called. Nana realized she cared that her mother was gone, but never said anything. And then when strange women started coming to their home, and Akio leaving and not coming back 'til early in the morning, it only disgusted Nana. That's when drinking came in. She was lonely, and she felt pain from her parents abandoning her, showing her that Nani was their life. And that Nani was gone, they had no life left to live. That, or they didn't want to share it with their underachieving rebellious punk of a child.

     Nana stole her father's beer from the fridge and drank until she puked, and then drank some more. Miraculously, she didn't get alcohol poisoning from that night. But she had to hide a monstrous hangover the next day.

     In her mind, Nana was alone. She didn't need anyone else, and certainly didn't care about anyone else, either. That is, until Hayate came into the picture.

     Images of Hayate flashed through her mind, of his smile, and the now somewhat familiar scent of when she wore his coat. Nana had only known him for a day, and already she felt like he was a close friend to her, though they knew almost nothing about each other and certainly had enough secrets of their own.

     Perhaps.....Nana Ichinose and Hayate Ibuki were fated to meet. But, that depends on the reason why.

 

Nana opened her eyes to slight sunlight. She sat up and stared at the horizon over the pond.

     Wait....pond?! Nana stood up and looked around. She had wandered into the park when she was drinking the previous night.

     "Great," she muttered. She looked around her surroundings, and couldn't find any beer cans. Her coat was hanging on a low tree branch nearby, and she couldn't remember what had happened. She didn't even know what park she was in, but she guessed it was the one where she and Hayate walked his dog to.

     Nana snatched her coat from the branch and slipped it on, beginning her walk home. She wondered if she would discover some clues about her night on the way back. What she did know, however, was that she wanted Akio dead.



© 2011 Keevan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was a very serious chapter. Her dad needs to die. I don't like him at all. Can't wait to read on. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


That last line is scaring me. O___O

Posted 13 Years Ago


I
N
C
R
E
D
I
B
L
E

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awesome. I can't wait for the next chapter.

Posted 13 Years Ago


You're right, I do hate Akio even more. He's a jerk haha.
Anyways! Another good chapter! When I saw the read request, I got super excited and came to read it right away. Your story is really keeping me! I'm excited for the next chapter!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
5 Reviews
Added on March 21, 2011
Last Updated on April 12, 2011


Author

Keevan
Keevan

MN



About
This account is active from time to time, but not much. If you send me a message or friend invite, odds are I won't respond. Since I"m in college, I'll be here from time to time but there are abso.. more..

Writing
Experiment 909 Experiment 909

A Story by Keevan


I I

A Chapter by Keevan