3 ~ Hatchiko

3 ~ Hatchiko

A Chapter by Keevan

"What's the deal?" Hayate asked Nana at the end of Homeroom. "You're acting so cold all of a sudden."

     "Why did you sit next to me?" Nana asked, glaring at him.

     "Well, we're friends, aren't we?" he asked.

     "Who ever said we were?" Nana replied. She picked up her folder and notebook and left the room, heading to her math room. About five steps away from Homeroom, Nana turned around and shouted at Hayate, "Why the hell are you following me?!"

     "My science room is next to your math room," Hayate said with a grin. "Looks like we're hallway buddies after Homeroom."

     "I don't have buddies!" Nana shouted, starting to get annoyed with the kid. "Look, I just helped you out this morning because you're the new kid. Once you hear the talk everyone says about me, you'll want to stay away and isolate me just like everyone else. So beat it and leave me alone, girlie." Hayate just looked at her, not sure what to think. Nana turned around and continued walking to her math class.

     She looked behind her once and saw that Hayate was still standing there watching her.

     Maybe I shouldn't have been so harsh, Nana thought to herself. He's new here, after all. And...maybe a friend wouldn't be such a bad thing.

     Nana stopped and looked behind herself again. Hayate was walking slower than before, and was trying to keep distance between himself and Nana. Nana sighed heavily and said, "Hayate, better hurry up or you'll be late to science, and I'll be late to math."

     Hayate looked up and saw Nana had stopped.

     "Well?" Nana asked, looking back at him again. "You coming, or what?" He smiled and jogged up behind her. They walked side by side down the hallway.

 

After first hour, Nana waited next to Hayate's science room for him, not knowing why. He eventually came out and looked kind of surprised but relieved to see Nana waiting for him.

     "What's your next class?" Nana asked him. He took out his schedule and said, "English with Mrs. Kyou."

     "Same," Nana said. "I gotta stop at my locker first."

     "Same," Hayate said. They wandered down the congested hallways to their lockers, Nana ignoring the looks she and Hayate were getting.

     After Nana got her notebook and reading book, she had to open Hayate's locker again.

     "You're so faithful," Hayate said, probably as a joke. "kind of like a dog."

     "Excuse me...?" Nana asked menacingly, glaring at him. "What's that supposed to mean?"

     "Nothing, nothing," he said with a laugh. He got his things for English and closed his locker. "but with a dog collar around your neck, that just makes it more true."

     "Hey!" Nana shouted at him, starting to get annoyed.

     "Maybe I should start calling you Hatchiko," he said, walking in the direction of their English room. "Hachi for short."

     "You mean that dog from TV?!" Hatchiko was this faithful and people-loving dog that was all over the television stations. Nana hated people and definitely wasn't faithful. She especially hated that dog Hatchiko.

     "Hayate," she said. "I'm not faithful. I hate people. Shut up with the nicknames!"

     "Oh, calm down, Hachi," he said with a laugh, patting her head. "Hey, Hachi's actually a good nickname for you. It means "eight", and Nana means "seven"."

     "Maybe if I'm Hachi, the Demon Lord will leave me alone," Nana said half to herself, thinking about it.

     "Demon Lord?" Hayate asked, confused.

     "I'll fill you in later," Nana said. "Class is going to start in a minute." They had just arrived at the room. Nana took her seat, which, of course, was alone in the back. Hayate went to go introduce himself to Mrs. Kyou, an uptight woman with stark black hair and a bit of a weight problem. Her glasses always rested on the tip of her nose.

     "Hey, hey, hey," a familiar voice said, sounding close to Nana. "if it isn't my little Nana from this morning." Nana sighed and clenched her fist, looking at Daisuke with an unfriendly glare.

     "Who're you again?" she asked, commanding her voice to sound as bored as possible.

     "Don't pretend that you don't know me, hun," Daisuke said, sitting in the empty desk next to her.

     "Daisuke!" one of his friends called from the far right of the room. "Get away from it, you might catch a disease!"

     "Easy, Nobuo," Daisuke said laughing. "relax, I'm not gonna catch anything. This little priss is harmless." He patted her head, and Nana felt annoyed when he did it instead of Hayate.

     Nana stood up and grabbed ahold of the front of his shirt collar, shoving him away.

     "Don't. Touch me," Nana said menacingly.

     "Nana Ichinose!" Mrs. Kyou shouted, obviously not happy.

     "Here," Nana said, raising her hand like Mrs. Kyou was taking role call. Hayate suppressed a smile and tried his best to avert his gaze. But the rest of the class, however, was silent, all eyes on Nana.

     "Hallway," Mrs. Kyou said, pointing at the door. "Now." Nana huffed, wondering how much detention she was going to get this week.

 

Mrs. Kyou, once in the hallway with her, asked her why shoved Daisuke off of his desk.

     "He was irritating me," Nana said. "He put his hand on my head and I have issues with being touched." A quick lie added in at the end.

     "Next time, tell him to please stop instead of resorting to violence," Mrs. Kyou said, filling out a referral slip. "I'm sending this to the office. I'm guessing sometime around fourth or fifth hour you will get called down to Mr. Yori's office. And I'll have a word with Daisuke. Now, get back to your seat and start reading from your silent reading book."

     "Yes, ma'am," Nana said, walking back into the classroom. All eyes were on her once again when she entered. Daisuke was having a hard time stifling his laughed. Nana flashed him her middle finger quick before Mrs. Kyou came in and called him to the hallway.

     Nana sat down at her desk and opened her book, but was quickly interrupted by Hayate whispering, "Nice one, Hachi."

     "Stop calling me Hachi," Nana whispered back.

     "I don't think so, Hatchiko," he retorted with a grin. Nana hit herself with her book and said, "Shut up, or I'll get double detention."

     "Whatever you say, Hachi."

 



© 2011 Keevan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

NanaXHayete opps HaciXHayate!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I kinda figured a dog would come in somewhere when I saw the name Hayate. LOL. Is love possibly blooming between Nana and Hayate? Or will Daisuke somehow win her over? WHO KNOWS!

Posted 13 Years Ago


i really enjoyed the interaction between Nana and Hayate. I really like how you portrayed the emotions.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very cute. I'm really enjoying this book. Can't wait to see where you go with this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I hate when people are sent to detention. I have only had one detention in middle school. All throughout my high school year I haven't gotten a single one. I feel bad for Nana though. She didn't deserve that. It was Daisuke's fault for touching her. He shouldn't have put his hands on her. Good chapter. Can't wait to continue on. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ugh, referrals... I just got my first one this year and my parents were not too happy about that one. All I did was have gum in my math class twice... Such a crime, right?
Anyways, another great chapter! I'm really growing fond of Hayate. He seems like he'd be a fun person to be around. I know I'm definitely not fond of Mrs. Kyou lol. She seems kind of annoying. No one likes strict teachers. :P Send me a read request for new chapter, okay? Otherwise I may not know that you posted them. I'm enjoying this story so far! Keep up the good work. :3

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

458 Views
6 Reviews
Added on March 19, 2011
Last Updated on April 12, 2011


Author

Keevan
Keevan

MN



About
This account is active from time to time, but not much. If you send me a message or friend invite, odds are I won't respond. Since I"m in college, I'll be here from time to time but there are abso.. more..

Writing
Experiment 909 Experiment 909

A Story by Keevan


I I

A Chapter by Keevan