3. Magic

3. Magic

A Chapter by alison13

CHAPTER 3

 

 

 

 

Magic

 

 

 

 

 

     I took the wig and contacts off then decided to put the glasses back to my bag, since I won’t be using it; I’ll never use it. I placed the lavender box with the wig and contacts in it in the drawer, just to be sure.

     I took a peek out the door when I heard someone screamed. Probably Sarah, I thought, though I never heard her voice before. I walked out of my room then flickered to the other rooms until I reached hers.

     “Are you okay?” I rushed to her.

     “Yah,” she tried to stand up.

     “What are you doing?”

     “Practicing for the cheerleading competition; well, there’s this move that I can’t make perfect, and I’ve been practicing it for a week now, so it doesn’t hurt that much.”

     “Oh, well, I hope you don’t hurt yourself.”

     “I’m fine, thanks,” she smiled.

     “Okay, I’ll leave you now.” I walked out of her room. I walked down the stairs and headed to their kitchen to get something to eat, since I’m kinda hungry already.

     I stopped when I found him digging something in the refrigerator. Great, I just lost my appetite; maybe a walk can be good.

     “Um, where’s Zoey?” I asked as friendly as my tone can be.

     “Out,” he answered, taking a box of chocolates. I don’t know why, but his voice always seems to annoy me.

     “Oh,” should I tell him that I’m going out? Well, he won’t care anyway. “Just tell her that I’ll be out too.” I said as I walk out the kitchen.

     “Yah, you’re not allowed to go out,” he muttered.

     “What?” I turn around.

     He sighed, “Mom took the car and the one left is my black Ferrari Enzo. And oh yah, you’re not allowed to use it.” he said while texting someone.

     “And why not?”

     “Because it’s my car and from my money. And that means no one’s allowed to use it other than me,” he looked at me.

     I took a deep breath. I don’t want to fight him today, and like my mom said, I’ll be good, “Fine, then I’ll take the cab.”

     “There are only a few cabs that drive around here,”

     “Then I’ll take the bus,”

     “Yah sure, then later I’ll just find out that a bus crash because the passengers are going crazy about some celebrity taking the bus.” He crossed his arms.

     “Well, that wouldn’t happen if some selfish celebrity just let me borrow his car.”

     “Well, like that selfish but totally amazing celebrity said, it’s not possible.”

     “Aargh!” I walked out the kitchen and back to my room. I knew it, this is the stupidest decision my mom had ever made. But what else can I do?

     Should I try using the wig and contacts now? But I want to keep the excitement until tomorrow.

     Maybe I can wear a hoodie and shades like I always do, and they won’t recognize me. Right. I dug to my bag for my olive green hoodie�"since I’m already tired of the white and the black one, which I usually use. Then I took my extra-dark tinted shades, which I was using just this morning.

     I looked in the mirror and notice that the girl in front of me actually looks like your normal average girl. I put my iPod on as well, just for the extra touch. Perfect. I’m just your common hoodie-wearing-with-iPod-and-shades-kind-of girl.

     I took a peek on where Troy might be. Thankfully, he’s busy in the kitchen cooking�"or experimenting�"something. I walked pass the kitchen as silently as possible and sneaked out the door.

     I decided to walk my way to a place I always dreamt of visiting again. My paradise. Our paradise.

     There are only a few people who are walking and almost none on the same way as mine. Of course, like I said, the place doesn’t really seem to exist to anyone except for the three of us. This can turn out into a beautiful day after all. The sun is shining high, and yet, the breeze is not even warm, just the perfect touch.

     I took the necklace and looked at it. Even on what happened, I never really took it off. The farthest distance between me and the necklace was me on the bathroom while it’s on my bed table.

     I stop and stared as I became speechless on what I saw. I’m pretty sure I got the right way. I never got wrong in this path; I can even walk it with my eyes closed.

     But it’s too unbelievable. The place seems more magical than the last time I saw it. He did make his promise.

     It seems like an open garden with a huge fountain that dominated the central space. I’m not sure if it’s really made of diamonds but it seems like one, on how it sparkled under the sun. The sculpture of an angel in the center of the fountain was perfectly carved, and the all the facets of the fountain ach caught the perfect reflection of a rose.

     The grass is perfectly trimmed, and is surrounded by wild flowers�"violet, yellow, and soft white. But of course, it wouldn’t be complete without red roses. The breeze was now warmer, and yet, it soothes me, as it softly caressed my face; and just for the last touch, and like on what he promised, multicoloured butterflies wondering around. The bench where we usually stayed was now polished, though I doubt if it was replaced.

     I sat on the edge of the fountain and stared to the crystal clear water. I just wish Troy showed this to me again. I just wish we can have our old relationship back; our closeness, being carefree, nothing to worry about, and most of all, not to fight every time we talk.

     I would even rather choose to not reach our dreams, just to be back to normal.

     I stood up and reached the coin from my purse and murmured closely as I closed my eyes, “I wish I can bring back everything to the way it was.” I tossed the coin.

     “Did you know that I don’t let anyone toss a coin in that fountain? Well, except for me of course,” I heard Troy muttered from behind.

     I tucked my necklace under my shirt before I face him. I can see that his expression change from annoyed to something unreadable.

     “Is it a law to not toss a coin to a fountain?” I crossed my arms and raised one eyebrow, though it’s not that obvious under my dark tinted shades.

     “Yes it’s a law to not toss a coin to this fountain. It is forbidden...” he crossed his arms too.

     “Yah sure, fine.” I looked at the fountain again. And this is what I was just talking about before I made the wish.

     “Can’t you understand a simple instruction as ‘stay in the house’?”

     “Can’t you just shut up?” I faced him again. “You’ve been nagging all day. Aren’t you tired already? You’re like a pathetic girl that keeps annoying her ex to make him go back to her... only, you’re worse. And you know what? You’re not just nagging to me all day; you’ve been nagging to me every time you see me! Why the heck do you hate me anyway?” I blurted out. And I know to myself that I’m not yet over, or near to it.

     He didn’t answer.

     “So, what happened to your annoying and irritating voice? Can’t speak now?”

     His face changed again. Now, believe it or not, he seemed amused, which annoyed me more. “Get in the car,”

     “I can go back by myself. Besides, it’s only half a mile from here. I didn’t even break a sweat.”

     “Suit yourself. Oh yah, the rain is about to fall in three... two... one...” he smirked and turned around.

     And he was right, the first raindrop fall to the tip of my nose.

     “And before you ask how I know it, it was actually announced on TV, if you cared to watch,” he mumbled.

     “Fine, I’ll come.” I ran toward him.

     He opened the passenger’s seat for me but I decided to sit behind. If he can annoy me, then so can I, it should be vice versa. He went to the driver’s seat and drove back without speaking a word, and so did I.

     I went out the car immediately after he parked. I was glad that it stopped raining, and now, there’s a charming rainbow just about us. A rainbow. It reminds me again of another memory, where we would dance in the rain, and after, we’ll wait for the rainbow; and we never really got tired of that.

     I was about to go in the house when I saw a cream-colored Shih Tzu playing his tail in front of me. My God, it’s so adorable! I wonder who’s its owner is. I picked him up and search for his dog tag, but he’s not wearing one.

     “Put that down. Someone might be looking for that dog,” Troy muttered, ruining my little happiness again.

     “Then I’ll just put up some flyers for his owner. But if no one appears to claim him, his mine.” I said, petting the dog.

     “Whatever. But that’s your responsibility, not mine.” He said, going inside the house.

     “No one said he’s your responsibility.” I muttered, though I doubt that he heard me. “So, what shall I name you?” I looked at the dog closely. It’s only then that I realized that he was a she. “How about... Shellie?” I said, thinking that she looks like a shell made of fur.

     I went in as I saw Sarah sitting on the couch, watching a comedy sit-com with her right hand broken, resting on the armrest. Wait, broken? “Hey, what happened to your arm?” I asked.

     “Didn’t get the right landing... But this will be better maybe tomorrow or the next day. But I can’t go on practice tomorrow.” She explained.

     “Oh,”

     “So, where did you get the dog?”

     “On your porch. And I don’t know who its owner is.”

     “Mmm-hmm...”

     “I’ll search for its owner later.”

     “Can I touch her?”

     “Here.” I put her a few inches from her good hand.

 

 



© 2011 alison13


Author's Note

alison13
i STILL haven't figured out how i can show em dash (—).. please, please, PLEASE help me! i read the FAQs like a million times but i still haven't understand it.. "click the Paste as Plain Text icon".. could someone please tell me what's that icon looks like? i hadn't had any trouble like this in my very first book, but since the writerscafe kinda made a few changes, i don't know what to do. the em dash (—) was shown as (") which is too disturbing for me.. i kinda used the comma for improvise.. any suggestion would help.. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

a very cute chapter... ;)

Posted 14 Years Ago


i like this chapter too... your book seems very interesting to me.. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is my favorite chapter so far. You didn't overdo the activities in the chapter. Being famous would be a bear. We need time to be a kid and take in life. A outstanding chapter.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

273 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2010
Last Updated on March 11, 2011


Author

alison13
alison13

Philippines



About
my name is elaine and i'm a fourteen years old girl... i'm gonna make my description short. i only have three addictions for the moment. MUSIC, BOOKS and PHOTOGRAPHY. MUSIC had been and always will.. more..

Writing
Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by alison13


Paparazzi Paparazzi

A Poem by alison13