Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Angelica

I don’t know where to begin Adam, but I just couldn’t, I couldn’t do it anymore.  I am so sorry for what I did, please try to understand.”. . .

. . . The business party continued below and I figured no one would miss me.  I was on my way to my room as a passed my sister’s room.  I hadn’t seen her all night, usually she is out showing off one of her new thousand dollar dresses.  I knocked on the door and waited.  There wasn’t any movement on the other side.  Pushing open her door I instantly got goose bumps as I saw her body slumped in a pile on her bed.  Her room was a disaster and she was tangled beneath her plush, silk sheets.  As I made my way over to her bed I saw many crumpled up pieces of paper, then an open jar of Tylenol.  Instantly my gut dropped in my stomach.

“Addison? Are you awake?” I finally reached her bed and saw her cheeks with running mascara from tears.  Her right wrist was wrapped tightly around her left one and I slowly grabbed them and pulled them apart, revealing a tattoo I had never seen.  On it in neat cursive read Strength.  I felt tears sting my eyes, when it finally hit me.  My own sister is gone…she committed suicide.  Finally my instincts were kicking in and I pulled out my iPhone and dialed 911 as I ran downstairs.

               Almost instantly an operator picked up, “What’s your emergency?” a lady asked.

               “My sister, please, my sister she just tried to commit suicide.  I can’t tell if she is alive or not. Come quick please, I need her!”  I was sobbing by then and was shocked that she understood me.

               “Okay sir, can you please give me your address I am sending help right now.” 

               I gave it to her and kept whimpering, “Please you have to save her, please…”  I dropped my phone as I remembered my mother, I needed to find her.  I started pushing through the crowd trying to find her as her clients just stared at me.  When I found her, I started yelling, “Mom! Come quick!�"“she held up her hand as if signaling me to wait like I was five years old.  “It’s Addison she�"“

               This time she turned around with anger, “Adam! How many times to I have to tell you to not interrupt me when I’m talking to my clients!”

               I stared at her, her own daughter could be dead and she could care less.  She turned back around and I started to hear the nearby siren of an ambulance.  “Your f*****g daughter just committed suicide and all you can care about is your work!” I heard shattering glass and gasps, but I started running towards the door.  As soon as I opened it the paramedics came rushing in and I led them quickly to her room.  I silently stood by the door as I watched them do their work, check her pulse and other things I didn't know about.  A few minutes later firemen came rushing in and gathered around.  Almost immediately they started CPR. 

               Then what seemed to be forever later, I saw what I thought was the chief fireman sadly shake his head.  Everyone stopped and I immediately started freaking out. “Wait! What are you doing? You can’t give up! Please don’t give up…please for me…”  I started sobbing even harder when one of the paramedics walked over to me, sorrow in his eyes.  He put his hand on my shoulder and handed me a folded up piece of paper. 

               “I’m sorry, we can’t do anything else.  We tried our hardest.  God bless you…” He walked over with everyone else and began cleaning up.  They lifted her onto the stretcher and wheeled her past me. 

               “Wait!” I said.  I went up to her grabbing her hand, they were cold as ice.  “I will love you forever Addie, never forget that! I wish I could see you here one last time so I could just say goodbye.  How will I continue on without you? You were my big sister, by 4 minutes…” I laughed sourly at this, “I am so sorry Addie, I wish I knew…god I’m so stupid to not have noticed! I love you!” I bent down and kissed her forehead.  Looking at her one last time, I took in her lifeless body.  Her purplish lips, the way her chest just laid there, not moving.  How no air came from her parted lips.  “Goodbye…”  They took her out and down the stairs, I couldn't move, every part of my body was numb.  I had let this happen and I would forever hate myself for it.

 



© 2013 Angelica


Author's Note

Angelica
What do you think?? Harsh? Deep? Upsetting? There is a big twist and a reason for everything that is happening at this point. Any ideas on what it is? Though I havn't given to many hints. You will find out more as each chapter goes on. But the italics at the beginning of each chapter has a HUGE importance. Though please if you want to say what you think that is message me, otherwise I will delete your review because I want people to figure it out on there own. Thank you for reading! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow this is really really good! Could the twist be that she didn't commit suiside maybe someone murdered her so she'd appear to have commited? Or possibley the main character did something? Really leaves you guessing, I love it! Keep it up!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Angelica

11 Years Ago

Thank you! And actually no that's not it. She did commit suicide. There aren't really any hints of .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 16, 2013
Last Updated on January 16, 2013


Author

Angelica
Angelica

About
I am a Freshman in high school, and I have always loved to write. I hope that it has some future in my life as it is a way for me to escape. Some of my best pieces are short stories and poetry piece.. more..

Writing
The Catch The Catch

A Story by Angelica