Breakfast

Breakfast

A Chapter by Anastasia

I hopped on to Thunder , as he hopped onto Ruffian.

“ So where will you take me?” I was curious as always

“ You’ll see..” He started to gallop trying to get away from my questions, I raised my Thunder up to a gallop as well and soon I was next to him again. Good thing i had horse riding lessons back at home.

“ damn it, I can’t get away” he grinned, slowing his horse down, and you could see that he was glad. We rode in silence for the next few minutes, until he stopped the Ruffian completely, jumping down onto the moss, and helped me get down.

We were next to a massive oak tree with giant branches covering us from the sky, somehow it seemed so cozy. Jon opened up the backpack and reached in, pulling out 2 piece of bread and a water bottle.

“Here, that’s for breakfast” he handed me the food.

“Thanks, ummm” I muttered biting into the bread. I haven’t noticed how hungry I was until now. We sat under a tree while sipped water and ate my bread. Suddenly i noticed Jon’s stomach growl, he turned away trying to hide it.

“Did you have breakfast?” I worried

“Yes,” he lied

“ I know you are lying “ I insisted

“Fine, I didn’t” he confessed

“ Why not?” I finished one of my pieces, and stopped eating.

“ We don’t have enough food, the dictator made a rule that each person must be registered, and gets a fixed amount of food per week. You came along, and we only have food for 2 , but tomorrow we will register you.” He explained.

“Here, eat this” I exclaimed, giving last piece of bread to Jon.

“No, no, it’s ok, I am used to having no food” he pushed the bread back into my hand. After a few moments of arguing, he finally agreed to eat half the piece. We sat under a tree for a while after we finished eating, talking and chatting, sharing our experience from our two so different yet similar worlds.



© 2017 Anastasia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on October 4, 2017
Last Updated on October 4, 2017


Author

Anastasia
Anastasia

Writing
Ideal Ideal

A Poem by Anastasia


Alone Alone

A Poem by Anastasia