Chapter 1 What???

Chapter 1 What???

A Chapter by deepblue04

Wait.. What? I thought to myself.  My dad had a wife before? And I am one of the children from that marriage? So that means my youngest brother is my brother. This diary entry is just confusing me.
I took one of my dad's journals while he was gone. I've been keeping it in my room for the past couple of weeks but I never got to reading it.  Today, since I had the time, I climbed up a tree and started reading it.  The entry that caught my attention was the one that I just read.  I'm wondering now.... Who is my mother then?  Why did she leave my dad with just me and my younger brother?
I closed the journal and set it on my lap.  This is where my curiosity would lead me.  It lead me to such a surprise that was so mind blowing I was about to fall of the tree limb.  I started combing my fingers into my wavy hair.  I noticed that it was getting long, it was to my mid-back.  I had my hair cut short as a punishment from my mother a while back.  The men of the family had looked at me so weirdly because I was a girl and I didn't want to cut it.
My mother who has been taking care of me since she married my dad was rather strict.  My punishment that I had to cut my hair was not getting straight A's. Yes, I know it was crazy, but it was something that I had to deal with.
Back to that journal entry, if what is written is true, then a lot of things makes sense.  Like my parents wedding was five years after I was born.  Also, how my youngest brother looks a lot more like me.  Why my grandparents took care of me for two years.  So many pieces of the puzzles are fitting in, but I feel like I'm working on a totally different puzzle now.


© 2012 deepblue04


Author's Note

deepblue04
It's a short chapter, but it explains the prologue a little. and i'm still writing it

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A short chapter. You open the door to question and mystery in the chapter. You have my attention. I wanted to know more. A very good opening chapter.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


Man now i'm more anxious to read the other chapters

Posted 11 Years Ago


It's a fine effort so far. In the first paragraph there's a line that's a little confusing. The one that says "So that means my youngest brother is my brother". You might insert 'real', 'full' or 'true'. Your writing style makes it easy to visualize the characters and scenes. Good job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


deepblue04

11 Years Ago

thanks :)
for the sake of trying to help you improve, I caught where you put, "fall of the trees limb" "of should be "off". other than that, you had a very intriguing beginning, keep this up.

Posted 11 Years Ago


deepblue04

11 Years Ago

thanks :)
not a bad start. you certainly have piqued my interest. so get on to the next chapter already, while i go start the popcorn. very good !

Posted 11 Years Ago


deepblue04

11 Years Ago

thanks, I'm still thinking about adding on to this, but I wanted to hear opinions about it first

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

333 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 1, 2012
Last Updated on November 4, 2012


Author

deepblue04
deepblue04

DeRidder, LA



About
Hi! My name is Susan. I love reading and writing poetry! I will accept any friend request and will review any type of writing. I like to listen to k-pop/rock, rock. Blue is my favorite color. M.. more..

Writing
Winter Winter

A Poem by deepblue04


That one day That one day

A Chapter by deepblue04



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Legs Legs

A Poem by Quill~


Still there? Still there?

A Poem by Mark