Born Backwards

Born Backwards

A Poem by Annalisa
"

Written in April 2008. This was inspired by a Skins episode in the first series.

"

Sometimes I think that I was born backwards,

That I came out of mum the wrong way.

I’ve searched and searched for path everyone else takes,

The way that things make sense.

 sdrawkcab sgniht raeh I daetsni tub,

as if everyone was talking in a language

I don’t know but should. And other times it's like

I'm talking to someone, or something is happening,

And then a second later the world has sifted and things are

All wrong, and I’m told that this wrong place

Is really reality… I think being born backwards

Would do it, would confuse a person like me.

© 2008 Annalisa


Author's Note

Annalisa
if you can't read one line, try reading it backwards... just playing around with this one. Nothing special...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i think sometimes we can accept peoples critisism and change things when really we dont want to, and things are better as they once were.

Poems come from deep within, and although it can be hard finding the right words, they will find you when you are ready.

Just believe in yourself, and keep writing. Dawn


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It is a great idea but it feels as if there is a section in the middle missing, the transition into talking about language needs help i think... but i agree that we all feel like maybe we came out backwards or something because the world seems like it's wrong and strange and you feel alone like a person in a foreign country, so i really like the concept it's the execution i'm not so sure of, it may nedd a little work, but i still like it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree with Dawn. Leave it as it lay.....in the precise form it came to you in....that is the beauty of art. I like it just as it is my friend. The storms in our lives cause confusion, fear, doubt......all of those nasty emotions......There is always a lesson from surviving the storms......Your honesty in sharing your inner most thoughts is refreshing......Well done.

Peace,

Bill :-)

Posted 16 Years Ago


I like the idea behind this and think you have a great interpretation of the feeling of being confused and lost in a world that never really makes much sense. I could definitely see this turning into a much larger piece. Given the nature of it and the thoughts it provokes in myself as the reader. You words are truthful and searching.


Well Done!!!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I guess the message you want to give is that you are not sure what is right and what is wrong... and that you feel misfit. You are good enough to write about the subject using better metaphors than something like born backward.
I have read some other writings of yours. And I liked them . I am not sure if I like this one unfortunately.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is what I heard:

I hear you talking in the mirror as your words are inverted, so the image that I see is far from what the message of your truth. I cannot help thinking that I have it right but your puzzled look says I am far from your line of sight so maybe if I tilt my head I can see your, meaning instead.

It reads well if that's the meaning and as always nice write

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

i think sometimes we can accept peoples critisism and change things when really we dont want to, and things are better as they once were.

Poems come from deep within, and although it can be hard finding the right words, they will find you when you are ready.

Just believe in yourself, and keep writing. Dawn


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 19, 2008
Last Updated on October 30, 2008

Author

Annalisa
Annalisa

Washington DC



About
Hey ya'll. Honestly Bios always kinda creep me out, I mean what do you say to people that you've never met? Or even if you do know them how do you describe yourself in anything other that "I'm Annalis.. more..

Writing
Anxiety Anxiety

A Poem by Annalisa



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..