Part One

Part One

A Chapter by anneliese
"

a Twilight Fan fiction that takes place after Breaking Dawn in Renesme's POV

"

 

“Mine is bigger,” I stated with a sense of pride as I compared my blood drained buck to Jacob’s small mangled doe corpse.
               Jacob entered the clearing in a pair of cut of jean shorts. No matter how close we were, he still refused to phase in front of me. I think it has something to do with the nudity issue.
               “I let you win,” he said harshly. He was irritated that I had beaten him once again at our hunting game.
               “Why do you always let me win?” I asked sarcastically. I flipped my bronze-colored hair over my shoulder, causing Jacob to pause with his answer and stare for the briefest of seconds, something he has been doing more and more often since my 6th birthday, almost a year ago. My 7th birthday is in two weeks.
               “Hey! I won last week when I caught that mountain lion!” he exclaimed with a hurt pride when he broke out of his trance.
               “I let you win,” I said and unlike when Jake said it, I meant it. I purposely ignored that lion the first time I was aware of it. And the second. And the third.
                “Whatever,” he said, trying to sound indifferent but not succeeding. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t not believe me.
               Jacob Black was my best friend. Since the day I was born, he has always been there for me. First, as a brother figure that was constantly looking out for me and willing to risk everything just keep me safe. As time passed, he transitioned from the older brother to the best friend. He became the person to which I confided everything in. Not that I couldn’t trust the rest of my family or that I couldn’t confide in them, I could and did, but Jacob was the first to know and not because he was nearly always by my side but because I truly wanted him to be the first to know what I was feeling and thinking. Although occasionally my father got to know first but that is only because he can read my mind.
               “What time is it?” Jacob asked, looking up at the star filled sky, a rare sight to behold here in Forks due to the constant cover of grey, rain-filled clouds that blanketed the sky.
               I stuck my right arm, the one on which my watch was strapped to, toward him. He took a step toward it and gently grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer to him as he stared at my watch much longer than necessary.
               “It’s getting late. We should probably start heading back,” he said when he finally lowered my wrist. I noticed that he didn’t let go of it but simply lowered it into the small space between us.
               I looked down at his large, warm hand that encompassed my petit wrist and started to play with the idea of Jacob being more than just a friend, much more. I looked back up at him with a smile and took another step closer to him and placed my left hand on his cheek.
               “Fine,” he answered my question as I removed my hand from his face, “but no cheating this time. Don’t start until I’m completely phased.”
               I gave a quick nod, the smile still on my face, then he dropped my wrist and ran into the forest to phase away from my eyes.
               Deciding to be fair, I waited for him to re-enter the clearing, in his overly large wolf form, before I turned and ran full speed towards home.
               I heard Jacob’s footfalls behind me as he started to catch up and a low growl telling me of his irritation of my slight bending of the rules.
               As we ran through the dark forest, he started to gain on me and by the time the house was in view, he had passed me. As soon as he was close enough to the house to be the official winner, he collapsed on the grass. I plopped down beside him when I reached him.
               I rolled over onto my back and stretched out my hand to place it on his warm muzzle, letting him know how unfair I thought it was that he beat me again.
                He let out a low wolfy chuckle. He then got up on all fours, nuzzled my arm, and then turned to run into the nearby trees. I shook my head and rolled my eyes as I watched him go then turned to gaze at the stars while I waited for him to return. Within moments, his face protruded into my untainted look at the diamonds in the sky.
               “Come on. Let’s go inside,” he said, offering me his hand. I gladly reached up and grabbed it as I let him help me to my feet, then we started to the house where I could see Emmet sitting and watching TV. We walked through the door hand in hand.
                     


© 2008 anneliese


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A well written piece. I've read so many versions of Renesmess & Jacob, and this is certainly one of the best. I do miss some of Jacob's character traits here, he's supposed to be funny, confident, and sometimes a bit cocky. I'm hoping to read those in the next chapters. :-)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Good use of words, I'm personal love for twilight is huge, but I love the way you describe the friendship/love, Jacob & Renesmee have, & the way they touch & feel towards each other.
GOOD JOB!


Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

876 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 28, 2008
Last Updated on December 31, 2008


Author

anneliese
anneliese

CA



About
i am an eight-teen year old girl living in sunny california. i dont like it when the weather gets over 85 degrees or when it rains. i love to read. there is nothing like escaping for a couple hours a .. more..

Writing
Miss "It" Miss "It"

A Book by anneliese


Synopsis Synopsis

A Chapter by anneliese


Partners Partners

A Chapter by anneliese