Entry Six: Realization

Entry Six: Realization

A Chapter by Kyari Hasutto

I just got off the phone with Eric. I’ve decided that the situation was almost completely like this. Ever have it when you hate someone because you think they hate you and they hate you because they think they hate you, and you both actually like each other?

 

I do kind of understand what he was trying to say. But he says that it’s all over between us. We aren’t in conflict anymore.

 

It’s probably true that this incident is over, but the whole problem isn’t cured. We both have problems that we have to work on. And now that Eric has given me a better idea of what I need to work on, I can work on pulling out my beam and then help him pull out his mote.

 

I guess right now I will just act like them and pretend like nothing ever went wrong.

 

I wonder how long that will last.

 

But I still believe that my friends are drifting. Our friendship knot feels slightly weakened from this. It may seem like it should be the opposite, but it’s not. It feels like Eric, Amanda, Jamie and Mariah are on one side of the tug-of-war rope and I’m on the other. And they’re winning. I don’t know how long I can hold out.

 



© 2008 Kyari Hasutto


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting that you think of friendship as a game of tug-o-war. A game like that suggests conflict and that one side is dominant over the other. Do you want to win? What if they are sore losers you can't expect to win friendship by winning a game that asserts dominance. Will you be the leader?

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can't wait to read more and see how the situation turns out. You are very talented in showing emotions and the tone of voice is perfect. Anxiously waiting for more!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 16, 2008
Last Updated on December 24, 2008


Author

Kyari Hasutto
Kyari Hasutto

About
The most significant thing about me if that I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also called Mormons). If you have a problem with that...well, you shouldn't. But it is a b.. more..

Writing