Entry Fourteen: Drama

Entry Fourteen: Drama

A Chapter by Kyari Hasutto

I have been reading a book by Sean Covey, “The Six Most Important Decisions You’ll Ever Make.” I was reading the section on addictions, and it scared me. Mentally I have made the commitment never to anything like drugs. But there’s a part of me that is scared I won’t be able to hold out. Of the reasons listed for kids trying it, many seemed to apply to me personally.

 

But then I realized that I could never live with myself if I did anything stupid like that.

 

On a different note, I apologized to Eric today. Not in person, but in writing. I can do it so much better and eloquently that way. The only problem was that I had been reading and watching Pride and Prejudice lately. Needless to say, my letter took on a rather formal tone. I desperately hope that this argument is over.

 

Besides, my parents have resorted to reading my e-mails. So I told my friends not to send me anything they don’t want my parents to read.

 

Terribly inconvenient if you ask me.

 

In the aforementioned book, Sean Covey talked about life centers. I think friends have become my life center, and as he stated; that isn’t good. If something happens between my friends and me, then my life seems to fall apart.

 

There’s at least two parts with friend problems. First, it is always made bigger than it really is or needs to be. Second, I think all fights are over little things because we seem to forget our friends are human. Or vice versa.

 

How true this is for me. High school drama really isn’t about fights with friends. It’s your own training ground. There are opportunities to learn that everyone is going to make mistakes. There are chances to find out others’ true colors. But what I think is most important, is that high school is a chance to discover yourself. It doesn’t help that every one, the media in particular, distorts the view of who your true self is. They say you must dress, look and act a certain way. You have to buy this and that, like this music and dislike these people. It’s nearly impossible not to succumb to it. And so who we really are could be changed from what we could’ve been for the worse.

 

But even through the midst of all this darkness, I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

 

Even though the battle for the purity of today’s teens in general may have been lost, the personal battles have not.

 

I can wear what I believe is right. Without having to conform to the standards of what’s popular.

 

I can do what I believe is right.

I can win the battle for my soul.

 

And that is what matters.

 

Though I may help others win their souls.

 

I also need to save my own.

 

And I can only save yours.

 

After that task is done

 

Then together

 

We will change the world



© 2008 Kyari Hasutto


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Another very good chapter! I'm starting to see a slight change in her, maybe things can start to get better? I always like how you add outside influences in the story, like songs, books, etc� Sometimes we are able to express ourselves better in writing because we don't have to worry about stumbling over words or saying the wrong thing. Good write!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Another very good chapter! I'm starting to see a slight change in her, maybe things can start to get better? I always like how you add outside influences in the story, like songs, books, etc� Sometimes we are able to express ourselves better in writing because we don't have to worry about stumbling over words or saying the wrong thing. Good write!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 30, 2008


Author

Kyari Hasutto
Kyari Hasutto

About
The most significant thing about me if that I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also called Mormons). If you have a problem with that...well, you shouldn't. But it is a b.. more..

Writing