Chapter 1 ~ Extricated By An Angel

Chapter 1 ~ Extricated By An Angel

A Chapter by Destiny Crawford

I lugged my drowsy body through the forest. My heartbeat, like a drum, pounded and throbbed. My stomache, empty. Lost faculty of sight. Hallucinations began apearing out of thin mist. The trees and greenery around me started to spin and collide together. Even through all this, I still kept breathing steady. In, out. In, out. My fingers twinged and squirmed, not able to stay still.

 

 All of a sudden, the ground was whirling toward my face. My face greeted it with a unwished-for THUMP. I felt my shin make contact with somthing sharp. I pulled my self up to scrutinize the wound. It was deep, but I could manage to keep walking. I had to get out of here.

 

I leaned forward, getting on all four's like a dog. Lifted my right leg up, in attempt to try to push myself up. My legs wobbled and I almost crashed into a tree. Thank god that I put my arms out. I ended up using the tree to help me stand. I trudged along again, trying hard not to fall again.

 

There was a sudden coruscation of gray. I swiveled my head in diferent directions looking for an escape. This is what I was avoiding. The. Big. Bad. Wolf. Yes, I know you have heard stories with the three little pigs. But this is different. This paticular wolf is real. Not some nursery story character. This wolf can do things that a regular wolf would think was pure evil. This monster shows no mercy and I am stuck in it's trap.

 

I glanced to my left to check if there was an opening to run. Nothing but thick forest. I imagined the forest mocking me.  Taunting me, knowing I couldn't get out. I began to panic, turning around in circles.

 

Next thing I know I'm on the floor basically bleeding to death. The blood coming from my forhead and shoulder. I examined the wound on my shoulder. A chunk missing. The wolf's doing. It was deep and gushing out thin, chrimsion, blood.

 

 The wolf leaped out of the bushes about five feet away from me. I wanted to get up and run. I should have. But for some reason, I didn't. I stayed as still as a statue. My eyes locked with the wolf's. It began to crawl toward me, as if he was about to pounce on a rat. The wolf's mouth crept into a grin. An evil twisted grin. Almost as if it was just trying to show me its teeth. Like a warning.

 

Before I knew it, my vision was slurring. My eyelids felt suddenly heavy. Like they weighed a ton. I could not keep them open and wide with fear much longer.

 

But as I was about to close my eyes, the wolf whined and dashed into the woods. I heard footsteps coming rapidly toward me. Suddenly, there was a handsom, strong, percing male face just inches from mine. Then it moved toward my shoulder, to examine my deep wound. Then to my leg. He whipped off his shirt, ripping it in two. Oh, crap. His muscles looked as hard as cement. He draped one  peice of shirt around my shoulder, then tieing it really tight. I winced. When he saw tht I winced, he looked at me with eyes that were filled with the words " I'm so sorry. " Then another piece around my leg, just as tight. I winced again.

 

"Shhhh....Close your eyes and you will be fine." The angel sounded as if he was trying really hard not to breath. I would know because I was about two inches from his face. A half second later, i was in his arms. His rock hard, marble-like, arms. The warmth a human should have had wasn't there. He was as cold as a river in the morning. I snuggled closer anyway. I felt secure. Safe. At that moment exactly, I knew I had somthing special to live for.



© 2012 Destiny Crawford


Author's Note

Destiny Crawford
Just Updated this. I hope you guys like this.

P.S. Trusting I hope I gave the story oomph. If not please tell me. I really need all the help I can get. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

@ Trusting. Yeah, I got that feel to. I have been trying to fix it and I will try some more! Thanks for your review!! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is very cute. I want to read more ,but may I say one other thing? This chapter could use a little more...omph. You know,decoration,background,life. I do enjoy every single word but that one part that makes a story a story is missing.
-Trusting

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 25, 2012
Last Updated on March 30, 2012


Author

Destiny Crawford
Destiny Crawford

With my best friend "Ms. Mockingjay" in Carson City, NV



About
I am a teenager that lives in Nevada. My name is Destiny (of course) and I love to write! That's why im here! Hope you guys like my writing :) Btw my best friend is "Ms. Mockingjay" or Eden Maple :) .. more..

Writing