Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
#3: Glimmer of Hope

#3: Glimmer of Hope

A Chapter by Brytt
"

Angie tries to talk Desmond into more than just a makeover... School already sucked; why add vampires?

"
Okay, life sucks. I mean, I go out of my way and buy this guy some awesome clothing, and then he disappears! How could he do this to me?! He seen me grieving at my grandma's grave, and he doesn't even have the decency to show up! All I wanted to do was give him a makeover. He is so self-centered. Fine. I'm never going to think of him again.
Since Mr. Creeper isn't going to show up, I might as well visit Grammy's grave.
"Here lies Virginia Jade, Beloved Daughter, Mother, and Grandmother 1902-1964."
She was 62. No one really knows how she died; the autopsy showed that she had lost a lot of blood, but where that blood went no one knows. My parents say she died peaceably, but I overheard the police say she was attacked by some animal. I would've thought she died of a broken heart, but I wasn't allowed to see my grammy's body and the police just told my parents about this animal right after the funeral service. I want to know how an animal got to her. From what I heard, she was taking a stroll through the park when she was attacked. How could an animal reach her in the middle of the city without anyone noticing? I think the police lied to my parents, or they didn't understand what happened. She was probably attacked by some gang or something. It makes no sense that an animal attacked her and ran off with a lot of her blood. Completely impossible.
Okay, time to go home. Bye grammy. I love you. I wish I had gotten to see you at your wake.
Oh my goodness. He looks like a punk. Ew! I almost prefer the cloak. Eh, at least he doesn't look quite like a stalker anymore. Where did he get his clothing anyways? PunksRus? Oh, no. I will not allow this. If he's going to show up at my school, then I have to stop this before it starts. We have enough punks at school as it is. He needs me.
"So, uh, do you have a name or something?"
"My name is Desmond. What is yours and what do you want with me?" He asks this as he eyes my bag suspiciously.
"My name is Angelica. So…I know this sounds rude, but I want to do this for you; this is for your good more than my own pleasure. If you want to fit in around here, you don't want to dress like that. I brought some clothing for you, and I thought you might like to wear them. If you're planning on enrolling at Wimblehead High School, then you'll need a new look. Take my word for it."
He gazes at me with piercing eyes. Now I'm beginning to wonder if it's even possible for him to fit in. He's so weird. If he'd stop being so menacing, he could actually turn out to be kind of hot. I wish I could get him to get a new haircut. That'd probably be going too far. I would never date him, but I'm sure someone at school would give him a shot if he got a haircut.
My eyes linger on his face and hair. Oops! I think he noticed me observing him.
"So, uh, what do you say?"
Sheesh. If looks could kill, I'd be dead. It was only a suggestion. Then he surprised me.
"Exactly how do I enroll at this Wimblehead High School?"
For a moment, I thought he was pulling my leg.
"Uh, I've never done it before, but my mom just goes to the high school, speaks to the front desk and fills out some forms." For a moment, I thought I saw worry in his eyes. Weird. I know high school can suck at times, but it's nothing to stress over.
"I suppose it wouldn't hurt to get a new look. Perhaps you could be, like, a type of mentor for me until I can get the hang of this place?"
Whoa. I thought he would kill me if I touched him, and now he wants my advice? Awesome! Who needs to work for a charity when you have helpless foreign exchange students to help?
"Okay, I will on one condition: you do not question any of my decisions for you. Just take my word on it, you will be popular in no time."
**sigh**. "I suppose, but since you're making demands of me, I'm going to make a few demands for myself: no snooping into my personal life, don't expect us to become friends, and don't try to use me in school."
Wow. He's conceited. Why would I want to snoop in his personal life or want to be his friend? He's a creep. Just because I'm giving him a makeover and teaching him how to interact with people doesn't mean I'm interested in his life or that I want to be friends with him. Where would he get such an idea?
So we made the deal. Yay! By the end of the week, he's going to be one of the hottest guys at school. He'll benefit from my expertise, and I will have the satisfaction of making one more person in this world cool. Now, what kind of haircut should I give him? Spiked hair might work, but he doesn't seem like that type exactly…maybe medium spike? Yes! Oh, and maybe he'll get his ear pierced! Hmm…the outfit I got him will do for today, but I think we need to do some serious clothing shopping. His outfit he has on today is okay, but it doesn't scream cool or sexy.
"Hey, do you want to go to the mall with me? I mean, what you're wearing is okay, but it won't get you noticed in my school. I know some places where you can get some awesome clothing. What do you say?"
**sigh**. "I suppose. Why don't we go tomorrow? We can meet here at the same time as tonight and walk over together."
Wow. Is he from Jupiter or something?
"The mall isn't open this late. We'd have to go at 7 if you want to get anything."
"Will it be dark out by then?"
Hmm…this is November. Does it get dark that early in November? Oh!
"Yes. Why does it matter?"
"I said no snooping. It's personal."
Okay, whatever. That's not strange at all. What is he? A vampire? Is he allergic to daylight?
"Okay, whatever. I'll meet you here tomorrow at 6:45 and we will walk over together. Oh, by the way, there's a dance coming up at school so we'll need to pick something out for that and you'll need to find a safe date. I think I know just the person for you. See you tomorrow!"
**silence**.


© 2011 Brytt


Author's Note

Brytt
By my co-writer, tory.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

344 Views
Added on May 3, 2011
Last Updated on May 4, 2011
Tags: vampires Angie Desmond


Author

Brytt
Brytt

Britt, IA



About
Quotes From the Innermost Circle of the Fantasy World Known as My Mind: Irony: the graduation quote at my high school has been "Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path .. more..

Writing