Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
#19:  Dreaming

#19: Dreaming

A Chapter by Brytt
"

Angie gets home, but at what cost?

"

Mmm…Dezzy loves me.  Dezzy loves me.  Dezzy loves me?! What the…?! Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh! He LOVES me!

What do I do? What do I say?

*Sigh*

Maybe we could get married…I can see it now.

The room is bedecked in twinkling lights, as if the stars were watching over us.  Desmond is waiting down the aisle in his pure black tux, black bow tie straight, hair styled in that sexy way that will earn him extra pain tonight in the bedroom.  I can see in his gaze the love and desire he has for me.  I am walking down the aisle, my heart racing for the last time before I am turned. I look around the room, and for a moment, I panick.  To see vampires and humans in the same room chills my blood, but I trust that Desmond took care of things.  All I can see is the love that Desmond and I share.

My world is shaking.  Next thing I know, I’m woken up.

As my eyes start to clear, I realize where I’m at.  My mother is shaking me, telling me it’s time to go.

I breathe a sigh of relief.  Hopefully I won’t be coming back here any time soon.  As I grab my teddy bear, something drops.  As I lean down to pick it up, I realize what it is.  I freeze.  Someone has been recording everything that’s been said in my room.

As I look around, I get this sense that the hospital was not as safe as I thought it was.  I look around, but nothing looks menacing.

I get up, gather up my stuff, and get ready to leave; this is when my nurse comes running in.  She nearly smacks into me as I leave the room.  Peculiar.  I wonder what the rush was.

**Later

Home at last! It looks just as I remember it.

The last time I was home, my daddy surprised me by giving me a room decorator and telling me I could make it look like anything I wanted.

Naturally, my room is the envy of the school now.  I had the decorator add wallpaper colored brown, gold, and red with flowers of the same colors on it.  For my floor, I had the decorator put in a chocolate brown rug with long threads.  The curtains over the windows are the same chocolate brown, giving the room a mysterious feel.  My dresser is cherry wood with brown paneling, with my new record player sitting on top.  The room is awesome, but the bed is the best.  Cherry wood headboard, great comforter that could dispel the coldest winter from my room, and enough pillows to get lost in.  The comforter, naturally, matches the wallpaper.

Before I was kidnapped, I was planning a sleepover.  It was going to be nice, getting away from all this boy drama.  And then I was kidnapped.  My life will never be the same.

This reminds me, does Dezzy know I came home today? I hope he doesn’t worry about me.  I wonder if I should tell him about the tape recorder.  He might overreact.

*Thump*

“Hi doll.  How are you feeling?”

“Dezzy! I was just thinking about you! Come here and give me a hug!”

As I put my arms around him, my world becomes peaceful.  I could die in his arms tonight and I wouldn’t care.

I decided to tell him at that moment.

“Hey Dezzy, do you have any idea about this tape recorder I found behind the bear you gave me? It kind of creeped me out when I found it.”

A look of concern flashes across his face.

“No, I never put a tape recorder behind that bear I gave you.  Were there any strange visitors while you were in the hospital?”

As I think about it, I get more and more confused.

“No…no one out of the ordinary.  Just you, my parents, my little sis, and the nurse who was attending me…”

A look of horror crosses Dezzy’s face.

“What?! What is it? Are you okay?”

He storms out of the room with murder in his eyes.



© 2011 Brytt


Author's Note

Brytt
By my co-writer, Troy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
Added on May 8, 2011
Last Updated on May 8, 2011


Author

Brytt
Brytt

Britt, IA



About
Quotes From the Innermost Circle of the Fantasy World Known as My Mind: Irony: the graduation quote at my high school has been "Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path .. more..

Writing