Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
#5: Discovery

#5: Discovery

A Chapter by Brytt
"

Angie and Desmond go to the mall, where there are a lot of people...

"
I can't believe it! He's letting me give him a makeover! When I'm done with him, he will be the most popular guy in school. It doesn't hurt that his foreign background already makes him a special commodity at my school. Lets see, he'll need a leather jacket right away and some hair gel. Hmm, he should also get some vests and rainbow clothes. Perhaps I could teach him to disco. He'll need clothes for that too. Oh! Sunglasses! No girl will be able to resist him if they don't see his eyes! Oh! Yay!!! This is going to be fun!

~the next night: meeting with Desmond~
"Hi! Okay, so you are going to love what I picked out for you earlier today. I skipped a few periods after lunch to go shopping, and I found the cutest outfit for you! Personally, I think brown suede will suit you perfectly. Girls will be falling at your feet! Here you go!"
Maybe it's just me, but he looks kind of scared. Are those bags under his eyes?
"Hey, are you okay? You look kind of tired."
"I'm okay, I just had a rough night. So if you went shopping this morning, does that mean we don't have to go shopping now?"
-He asked this with a hopeful gleam in his eye.-
*Sigh* "No, silly. I only picked out a few outfits. I'm not going to buy everything for you."
Ha ha ha! I'm not his momma! He can buy stuff for himself. My giving attitude only goes so far.
"Let's go! Oh, hey, do you have a pair of sunglasses?"
"No."
"Okay, well, sunglasses are a must if you want to drive the ladies wild."
Did I just see his mouth twitch?
"Well, I'm glad I can amuse you. What's so funny?" I ask this, curiosity burning to know.
"You seem so confident that I will be a hit at your school. I suppose all the guys fall at your feet then. How do you know you can make me popular?"
Hmph.
"Because if you are seen hanging out with me and sporting the latest and coolest clothes, people will fall at your feet. It's the laws of popularity."
-He broke out into a big grin-
"Sounds like your school is very shallow. Tell me, what if I told you I didn't need your help to make all the girls fall in love with me?"
*Sizing up* Hmm, he's cocky. Well, at least he isn't a timid wuss.
"I would find that hard to believe."
I never noticed how mesmerizing his eyes were before. They're like deep pools of thought. I could fall into them if I just stepped forward.
*Stepping closer*
"Angelica, what do you want?"
Wow. He's cuter than I thought.
"I want…I want to fall."
*Black out*
"Wha…? What just happened? How did I end up on the ground?"
I look up and see Desmond. Why is he looking at me like that? He really is cocky. You would think since I just passed out he'd be concerned, but no, he looks like he just won a marathon and I'm the loser.
"You fell and hit your head against a stone. You were mumbling something about how I look good, even without the new clothes."
Weird. I didn't realize I said that. Now that I look at him more closely, he doesn't look like he needs much help. The clothes will be an improvement, but he's right. He doesn't look too bad.
"Okay, you win. You're not half bad-looking. Don't let it go to your already enormous head."
There's that cocky grin of his. Jeez. I'll never get through to him.
"Are you ready to go?"
*He sighs* "I suppose so."
As we walk along, I spied something fall out of his pocket.
"Hey, you dropped this note! Wha…? What the? What is this note about?"
*Gasp*
"Don't ever take what doesn't belong to you little girl! You do not know what you are meddling with!"
What in the world was that about?! I was just picking up his note for him! After all that I'm doing for him, he doesn't need to bite my head off!
"I…I'm sorry. I was just picking it up for you! I didn't mean to make you mad. Really! I'm sorry."
Why would he get angry over some letter I can't even read? What language was that anyways? Why haven't I seen it before? I know German, Spanish, French, Russian, and Italian, but that letter was written in something I've never seen before.
"What was that language anyways? I'm pretty fluent in a lot of languages, but I've never seen that language before."
He pierces me with his eyes.
"It's none of your concern. Don't try to meddle in my personal life, remember? Or do I need to jog your memory for you?
He menaces over me, as if he's about to strike me. I'm scared!


© 2011 Brytt


Author's Note

Brytt
By my co-writer, Tory

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

285 Views
Added on May 4, 2011
Last Updated on May 4, 2011


Author

Brytt
Brytt

Britt, IA



About
Quotes From the Innermost Circle of the Fantasy World Known as My Mind: Irony: the graduation quote at my high school has been "Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path .. more..

Writing