#15:  The Awakening

#15: The Awakening

A Chapter by Brytt
"

She's alive! ...and she knows we're vampires... Crap.

"
Missing Person Found
Angelica, missing for about 24 hours, was found with minor injuries. Her rescuer is yet unknown. This teenage girl was drugged into a delirium by her captors and was mumbling something about European accent. Police cannot use this as a lead because she was in a state of unconsciousness.
~The Awakening~
Wha…? Where am I?
Flashes of color all around me, sounds of beeping in my ears. I look around and see my parents sitting together on a little loveseat in my hospital room.
They must've been here awhile, I realized, as I noticed they were sleeping. Usually, they can stay awake for days on end. How long have I been here?
Just as I'm about to fall back asleep, my heart monitor makes a sound like a siren call. My parents jolt awake, startled out of their slumber.
Relief floods their faces. They must've really been worried about me. I wonder why?
And then I remembered.
The European guys had treated me harshly, giving me very little food or water. I had started to get cramped and desperate to get out of the room they had me in, so I used some of my best cheerleading moves to attack the men when they came in to check on me. They never saw it coming.
But that was when things went way wrong. The only good that did was put them on their guard even more and decide to hurt me. My worse nightmare came true.
They were vampires!!! I didn't know they actually existed, let alone that I was kidnapped by some!
As I showed off my mad skills as a cheerleader, they came charging at me. I was outnumbered.
The leader had his two henchman hold me still as he moved my hair away from my neck. As he leaned forward, his protruding fangs gleamed in the light of the oil lamp. Right before he bit into me, he said some European words. There was one word I understood. Desmond.
Then pain wracked my body. He bit into me. It burned like a fire coursing through my veins. Flames were everywhere, burning my body. Nothing could compare to the feeling of a vampire bite. As I started to see the world go a fuzzy gray, he stopped. At this point, I was starting to see little light fairies in my eyes. I was alive, but barely.
After that, all I remember is being tied up somewhere cold and moist. I vaguely remember seeing Desmond and some leprechaun dude showing up. Desmond was looking quite rad, if I do say so myself.
His long, sinewy arms were bare, bronze with a godlike quality. Those adorable, coal-black eyes connected with mine, and I could see the fear and panic in his eyes. And then there was murder. His attention was diverted by my captors, and I passed out.
My parents are watching me now, waiting for me to make the first move. I don't really want them here. All I want is Desmond.
And then he's there. My Dezzy is leaning in the doorway, concern written on his face. I love that face of his. I didn't mean to cause him pain.
I asked my parents to leave the room so I could talk to Desmond privately, and they obliged.
As Desmond started to come over, my heart started to race. I didn't know what to do. I was acting on impulse. Something was nudging at the back of my mind, but I couldn't place it. Something was wrong.
Why does he look guilty?
He starts to speak, but the minute he mentions Eddie's name, it all comes back to me. The last time I was in the hospital I had been too preoccupied to inquire after Eddie. I thought it was strange that Eddie hadn't been around much lately. When I asked about him at school, something would always come up so I would have to rush away before my question was answered. Everyone always had a shocked, sort of sad look in their eyes whenever I mentioned him. I guess I blocked out the memory of that day by the theatre, so I never understood the looks.
I do now.
**Why?!!! My world is falling apart! Why does everything happen to me???
I start sobbing, and Desmond comes to my aide. He holds me close as the tears start to flow. My heart wants to burst from the pain inside me, but I begin to calm as his tranquil energy flows towards me. Being in his arms was the only thing that could soothe me.
He nuzzled my head, and I look up at him. I lose myself in the pools of his eyes. I never noticed before how much he reminds me of my childhood hero. His intense eyes can see into my soul. I can't look away. Those luscious lips are parted, as if he wants to say something, but instead moves a little closer to mine.
I close my eyes.


© 2011 Brytt


Author's Note

Brytt
By my co-writer, Troy

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
Added on May 6, 2011
Last Updated on May 6, 2011


Author

Brytt
Brytt

Britt, IA



About
Quotes From the Innermost Circle of the Fantasy World Known as My Mind: Irony: the graduation quote at my high school has been "Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path .. more..

Writing