Aspects Of Light

Aspects Of Light

A Poem by Chris Shaw
"

Spontaneous poetry

"
let there always
always be
this glare from sunlight
on the sea
that lifts all spirits
in distress
that calms and soothes
all restlessness
to sprinkle sparkle
where the mood
of brooding clouds
have done their best
to hamper thoughts
of happiness
to sink the soul
beneath the waves
into the ocean's
darkest caves

© 2021 Chris Shaw


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

We experience sunshine and showers in our lives, including a few storms - both literally and metaphorically! The sun usually shines after a storm, even if not straight away. Looking on the bright side can keep us going! The spontaneity is evident in this poem, I think, Chris. Strange how sometimes we can labour over a poem for days or even weeks (at least, that is often my experience), and yet some poems can be dashed off in 10 minutes or so, with little if any re-writing to be done! A fine write!

Posted 1 Year Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

1 Year Ago

Thank you Robert. So true about spontaneous writes. This one took less than ten minutes and yet usua.. read more



Reviews

Hi again Chris, I so often admire your way of blending your moods and the elements.
At first read, I "spontaneously' wondered if "blaze" works better than "glare,
but after my second, I think glare nails it :)

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

2 Years Ago

Thank you Dylan. You know blaze did briefly come into my mind, but the sunlight was so strong, it w.. read more
I also like the line "to sprinkle sparkle"

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

2 Years Ago

So did I Shelley. So did I :)) Thank you.
This is exquisite. I like the short lines. It's visually pleasing. And the thoughts are so soothing.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

2 Years Ago

That's a very welcome review Shelley. Pleased you like this poem.

Chris
The ocean. What a vastly inviting yet oppressive abode. As always dear Chris...your poetry strikes at the core. The sun is so needed for many - including myself - when those clouds brood and bruise thoughts. Wonderful poem!

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

2 Years Ago

Look at my typos. Striking, I meant. Here I am typing on a small screen in the dark :) Mistakes happ.. read more
Ruth

2 Years Ago

I understans typos :) lol
Ruth

2 Years Ago

See...even typo day for me lol
clouds cannot bring us down if we let that sun shine in our hearts...
the alliteration is so cool in this poem...
reading this is like taking a joyous tumble down a hill...

j.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

2 Years Ago

Dear J, what fun to take a joyous tumble down a hill. Let the sun shine on us. Thank you my dear fri.. read more
Your imagery is powerful & dramatic, just like looking upon a dramatic seascape! (((HUGS)))

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

2 Years Ago

Thank you Margie. I love the moods of the ocean.

Chris
Dearest Chris, this is such a lovely poem. I like the flow as well as the creativity in using light and darkness.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

2 Years Ago

So pleased you enjoyed the read Melinda. Thank you.

Chris
Melinda McQueen

2 Years Ago

You're welcome!
An uplifting piece to start the day out with some positivity and thankfulness! Poems like these often remind me to be grateful for our earth and all the colors and lights that it creates. I love the way you evoke emotions through different pieces of the planet. Caves, light, ocean, water. It's comforting to know, in some way, nature will always be around.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

2 Years Ago

Thank you Colacat for your lovely review. Appreciate your visit.

Chris
This is one I simply had to comment on. I don't think I've seen a better description of my thoughts on light or a better use of words about light. The contact between light and emotion is clear and sparkling here.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

2 Years Ago

This is a lovely review Ken and I thank you for it. All good wishes.

Chris
I loved the poem. The running of words led to a proper ending. You took the reader with her to many places and thoughts. Thank you dear Chris for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris Shaw

2 Years Ago

Thank you Coyote for leaving such a thoughtful review. You are appreciated.

Chris
Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Was my pleasure and you are welcome dear Chris.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1161 Views
70 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 21, 2021
Last Updated on October 21, 2021

Author

Chris Shaw
Chris Shaw

Berkshire, United Kingdom



About
Albert, my paternal grandfather introduced me to Tennyson when I was nine. I have loved poetry ever since but did not attempt writing a single piece until I was 40. It's never too late to try somethin.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Change Change

A Poem by Soren