Selling your soul for all the right reasons.

Selling your soul for all the right reasons.

A Chapter by Toasty (Erin)

I spend that night filling out the forums for B.E.F.A. Brenda’s and Luke’s are a snap because they are so young they don’t have to go through the same crap The Higher Power puts us through, the stamped numbers on our wrist, the forced marriages between the rich, the navy and white clothes hat the poor wear and most of all the inequality of people, both Insiders and Outsiders.

When I finish filling out my forum I check it over.

First Name: Hunter

Family Name: Collins

Age: 16

Sector: 4

Code: 158214078

Do you want your Code removed: Yes

What is the main purpose for joining B.E.F.A: I am finally putting my foot down. I am the nephew of the President of New Toronto. After recent events with my parents I want to keep my brother and sister safe, one of your members told me that you will keep me safe. Also I fully agree with B.E.F.A and I myself have been living a lie with keeping myself with the good side of the law. I’m at my breaking point now. I am willing to betray my uncle o finally break free of this nightmare.

“Hun Hun.” One of the twins call from the door.

I look behind me and see Brenda looking at me with her blue eyes wide.

“What’s wrong?” I ask.

“The T.V. Mommy and Daddy.” She whimpers.

I feel a lump in my throat.

She comes running to me and hugs my thigh.

“Let’s see what’s wrong then.” I fake smile.

She nods and whimpers some more.

I pick her up with ease and go down stairs. I walk into the family room and see Luke in front of the T.V.

I approach him.

“Luke.” I call.

He doesn’t move. I put Brenda down on the chair and go to Luke.

“Luke.” I say grabbing his shoulder from behind.

He looks at me, eyes filled with tears.

I hold him close and look at the screen.

On the screen is what I thought- maybe even knew- what was going to happen. My parents bloody murder on T.V.

 

They a bloody and bruised, I can see their ribs partly. They are hanging by their wrists, bound by now bloody rope, their clothes ratty and torn and they are skinny as anything, their lifeless bodies hanging there full of shame, I know they don‘t regret their love. I feel a bitter taste in my mouth, I think I may throw up.

Their looks messy, bloody and of course in pain. They are now gone because of my sick twisted uncle they are gone, leaving behind Brenda starts bawling at the sight and so does Luke.

I feel tears sting my eyes, I know I have to be strong, I have to be the leader of this family but how can I when I am watching my real parents get slaughtered.

I also feel a flame of anger in the pit of my stomach. I’m not only following my heart, I’m going to protect the twins.

Brenda whimpers and scampers over to us and wraps her arms around her brother’s shoulders.

I wrap my arms holding them both close.

They are gone, my parents. I am the new head of this family. I am going to protect the twins even if that means sacrificing myself. They deserve peace.

I silently take a vow to protect them to the bitter end.

I hear my uncle’s sickening voice “Remember we must punish those who break our laws. They are the enemy.”

Then the T.V screen goes dark and I grip tighter on the twins.

I feel the flame of anger grow larger, engulfing the pain and burning it to a crisp. I slowly let go of the twins.

Luke looks at me “N.. Now what?”

“I’m taking you and Brenda somewhere safe.” I promise.

“What about you Hun Hun?” Brenda whimpers wiping her tears.

“I’m going as well, don’t worry.” I smile reassuring the six year old “How about we go to bed?”

The twins nod and scurry up stairs and I turn off the lights. I feel no more warmth in this house, only empty memories of when there was something, love. I go up stairs and when I get to my room I punch a large dent into the black wall. Anger still floods my veins, I will avenge their death.

Even if that means personal sacrifice.



© 2012 Toasty (Erin)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
Added on February 22, 2012
Last Updated on March 20, 2012


Author

Toasty (Erin)
Toasty (Erin)

Canada



About
I am a young writer who spends too much tim with books and notebooks. I love to read and write, I can write a short story in uncer a day and I can finish off a book in under 24 hours if I stayed up lo.. more..

Writing
Broken Broken

A Poem by Toasty (Erin)


Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Toasty (Erin)