Fallen Chapter Fourteen

Fallen Chapter Fourteen

A Story by Chistie

 

Chapter Fourteen
 
 Cooper had bought me a wig about a week ago, I now had vibrantly red hair whenever we went out and so far, the disguise was holding up. I always made sure I wore sunglasses and a hat just in case. Cooper and I have gone shopping and to the movies, even being joined by Cassidy and Dixon; I do not see much of them in the house, they seem to always be gone on missions or scouting trips. Looking for the Light’s location, He disappeared from the ‘radar’ and everyone was worried.
 Dixon was the perpetual father figure, he watched over me like an owl watches a mouse. He fretted whenever I stopped or coughed. I was truly starting to love him like a father; I never had one that was so caring and it was nice to have him around.
  Cassidy, well Cassidy was hilarious. He loved to joke and laugh. Every time I had seen him in the house, he was quiet and reserved, much like his sister but with out the watchful gaze of his powerful sister he opened up like a night flower to the moon. I loved his laugh and the way his eyes lit up with mischief. He was always coming up with tricks to play on the others in the house, which he and I more than once tried out until Toshia caught us. I had no idea that such a voice could come out of someone so small. The whole house shook with her fury. Ever since, we hadn’t the nerve to try anymore.
 Marcus, who had been so adamant about getting me out of the house, had only accompanied us once but after seeing how inseparable Cooper and I were he had not come along. I almost felt bad, I mean it was his idea that got me out and about but I quickly pushed that feeling aside. I did not want it to ruin the time alone or accompanied I had outside the house.  
 Colby had not made my escapes easy. I could understand her worry but I was going crazy in the manor. I had to get out, no matter what I had to do.
 It was on such a trip that it happened. Cooper, Cassidy, Dixon and I were going to the movies. Everything was going perfectly; we got our seats and Cassidy and Cooper went to go get popcorn and drinks. I was talking to Dixon about his unusual gift; we each had something we were especially good at, like Alorha and healing. Dixon’s gift was fascinating; he could see a person’s aura, like seeing their soul in a way. He was telling me that my aura was pulsing with love and contentment, the color was something he had never seen. Not even on Colby for Cassidy, not that Colby did not love him, but the fight was dimming her. I felt a wave of sadness for Colby that her soul had to suffer because of the Light. Knowing this made me want to do my part in stopping the Light even more.
   I had turned away from Dixon, so he could not see the moisture building in my eyes, and was looking at the people around me when I noticed a man staring at me. He had a weird expression on his face, something like triumph and loathing. I could not think why this strange man would look at me like that, when he suddenly smiled. His face transformed in an instant, his eyes crinkled and I could see his teeth. They were the most startling white I had ever seen.  
   I could feel my heart in my throat, beating as if it would never beat again. My breath was coming in short intervals making me dizzy, the room swam from unshed tears.
   “Kennley, what’s wrong?” Dixon, noticing my panic, shook my shoulders.
 He followed my gaze and locked eyes with the white teeth man. Dixon grabbed me by the hand and yanked me to my feet in an instant. Not sure what had alerted him, I had never told any of them about the other man the night Oscar had tried to rape me. I did not want any of them knowing that, that I was going to be raped by not only my husband but a stranger too and now to find out that the Light was the stranger was even worse.
 We were passing Cooper and Cassidy when I finally snapped out of my nightmare. I ran to Cooper, wrapping my arms around him, still gasping for breath.
 “Oh Cooper, it’s him, it’s him…” I was sobbing against his shoulder, rambling about the man with the white teeth.
 “We need to leave, NOW.” Dixon still had a hold of my hand and dragged me towards the exit.
   “What’s happened? What’s wrong?” Cassidy’s voice raised an octave from his fear. I felt a sudden rush of affection for the boy and wanted to protect him from what was coming. I could not live with my self if anything happened to him or any of them.
   “The Light has found us, we must leave.” Dixon’s calm voice steadied my nerves; I needed to be here, not inside my head, to help fight.
 “Oh God!” Cooper had looked behind us as we ran from the theater; the Light was on our heels and gaining.
 “We cannot lead him back to the manor, back to the others.” Dixon was panting with excursion.
 “They will not have enough time to ready themselves.”
 “What do we do then?” If we could not go back to the manor then where would we go?
 People were staring at us as we exited the theater, running at full tilt. Looking at the man that pursued us, and back again. They probably thought it was a stunt, promotion for a movie because they all started to clap as we rounded the corner; disappearing from the Light’s view.
 

© 2008 Chistie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Big trouble. White teeth trouble.
I had to keep reading to get on the first page of chapter.
Excellent so far and I'm really enjoying it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D YAYYYYYYYYY ! i knew it! i knew he was evil! i knew he had white teeth!!! oh my god!!! write!!!! lol...i loved every second

Posted 15 Years Ago


This one leaves the reader on the edge wanting to know what will happen next. Excellent!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 31, 2008

Author

Chistie
Chistie

Cougar, WA



About
I love to read! That is my favorite past time, after reading some stories written by people five years younger than me I decided to try it out. I was always good at writing but never really took that .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Chistie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..