Fallen Chapter Twenty-One

Fallen Chapter Twenty-One

A Story by Chistie

 

              Chapter Twenty-One
 
    I lay in my and bed sobbed for most of the night. Nobody came to see if I was okay or try to comfort me, they just let me cry. I do not remember when I finally fell asleep but when I did, it was far from peaceful. Awful nightmares of Nicolai torturing Cooper to death as I sat and watched, helpless to do anything, filled my head with horror and my soul with sorrow. Every time I came close to saving Cooper in my nightmares Nicolai would stop me, wrapping his arms around me, burning my flesh.
 Screaming in my dream, I woke up screaming. I was disoriented so the figure at the end of my bed made no sense to me. I could see out the paned window and it was pitch black, not even the stars were shining. The oppressive dark snapped me out of my confusion, looking once again at the figure at the end of my bed. The man, I could tell it was a man because of the outline, too tall to be a woman and too muscular, just stood there staring at me. I could not see his face but I could hear his breathing, deep and ragged, as if he was not just breathing air, as if he was breathing water as well. I could hear the slosh of water as he moved toward me; I shrank against the headboard trying to make myself as small as possible. The man crept slowly towards me, water dripping from the hand that he was raising.
 “Who are you?” I whispered, to frightened to speak in a normal voice.
 The waterlogged man did not answer but dragged in another watery breath and stretched his arms to touch me.
 “Stop, who are you? What do you want?” I scrambled out of the bed, falling on the other side away from the man. Remembering my powers I almost let out a hysterical laugh; I clapped my hands and a light turned on illuminating the watery figure. I nearly fainted at the sight of him; his skin was grey and folded in on its self, bloated from being in the water too long. His clothes hung in rags around his body, smelling of fish and decay, and he was nearly bald with just a few strings of hair hanging from the top of his head. His eyes stared at the ceiling and were unmoving, they looked like the same color of his skin but it was hard to tell.
 When I fell out of the bed the man dropped his hand, the limb fell with a squish as it hit his body. He slowly turned and started his slow walk around my bed coming towards me once more.
 “What do you want!” I screamed at him again, finding my voice.
 The man opened his drooping mouth and uttered the four words that could destroy my world.
 “Nicolai comes for you.”
 I fell to me knees putting my head in my hands and sobbed.
 “No, please, I can’t do this, I don’t want to.” I was begging the dead man for my friend’s lives, for Cooper’s life. I did not care about mine, if I knew that it would save their lives I would go with Nicolai, even if it meant that I could never be with Cooper again. I would make that sacrifice for him, for everyone.
 “Please I can’t, I can’t go with him.” I lifted my head to plead with the watery man but he was gone, leaving nothing but a puddle of murky water behind.
 “What was that?” Cautiously getting to my feet, I looked around the room, making sure the dead man was really gone.
   Not wanting to stay in my room, I tiptoed out of my room not sure were I was really going. Cooper’s room would be open but I did not want to be that close to him to his smell, his memory, not if he could not be here with me.
 I walked down the grand staircase and slowly made my way in to the kitchen. Missing dinner was catching up to me; my stomach was making hunger sounds.
 At the bottom of the stairs, I meant to take a sharp left, to take the hallway behind the stairs, but voices from the dining room stopped me mid step.
 “You can’t be serious; you can’t just let Cooper die!” Cassidy’s voice was full of disgust and pain.
 “I do not see any other way. The harbor is out of the question, I cannot allow anybody to go by the water, and you can’t ask me to send other people to the harbor when you know that Nicolai has traps set all around that place.” Colby’s voice was as always calm and smooth but held a hint of pain for the Watcher. I could also hear a trace of fear in her voice at the mention of water.
 What was that about?
 “Yes we can, just because you are scared doesn’t mean the rest of us are. You cannot just let him die, you just cannot. I will destroy Kennley; you might drive her to Nicolai to save Cooper, to save us all.”  I could hear Cassidy start to give in, I silently prayed that Cassidy could draw strength from me to continue his debate.
 “You know I’m right Cassidy, you know it. The Light is not playing around, he won’t give up on this, and Cooper will only be the first if we allow Kennley to go.”  She knocked her fist on the table, ending the matter. I could hear her sure footsteps heading my way; I scrambled backwards heading towards the kitchen.
 Hiding in the dark, I could see Cassidy and Colby head up the stairs to their second floor bedrooms. Colby had said that they were the only ones that lived on that floor.
 Walking backwards I slowly made my progress to the kitchen, not sure, if I really wanted to eat now that I knew Colby was just going to let Cooper die. My world was disappearing, going from feeling everything to not feeling anything. I could not feel the cold marble beneath my feet, or the ruff feel of the wall I was clinging too. Cooper….dead…my mind would not combine the two thoughts. It rejected the thought with every fiber of my being. How could he be dead? He cannot die, not because of me. I will find him I will save him. Falling to the floor, my world turning black, for the third time, I made my plan, my way of saving Cooper.
 I love you Kennley, you are my whole life, we are meant to be together not you and Nicolai. I was sent by the Stars to love you, for you to love me. I am…
 I did not wake up on the kitchen floor, I sat up expecting to be in my bed but as I sat up, I realized that was not the case. I was in neither my bed, Cooper’s bed or on the kitchen floor. All of these things I could have been okay with even happy with but what I was not okay with was waking up in Marcus’s bed.

© 2008 Chistie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yipes. I thought this was coming.....

Posted 15 Years Ago


What a twist! Now I wonder which way she will turn?

Posted 15 Years Ago





WHAT?!?!?! Marcus's Bed?!?!?!?!




















DANGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

dood! if cooper dies kennley wont have anything to live for. no reason to not want to fight nicolai. no reason not to join sides with him


OH! what if....they let cooper die, she got pissed at them, and joined sides with nicolai, killed them all, and then killed nicolai....lol that would be so awesome!!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 5, 2008

Author

Chistie
Chistie

Cougar, WA



About
I love to read! That is my favorite past time, after reading some stories written by people five years younger than me I decided to try it out. I was always good at writing but never really took that .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Chistie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..