Zokai

Zokai

A Chapter by cody
"

Second Chapter of "The Legend"

"

Story of Zokai

I was raised as a blacksmith's son. My story begins when I'm eight.

"Zokai." A man called

"Ya dad."

"Its time for you to create your first sword."

"Awsome."

"But first we need to get the materials and I also have a gift for you." Dad pulled out a small pickaxe. "this This was my first pickaxe I used." Isaac took the pickaxe.

"Thank you. So what are we going to mine first, Dad."

"Copper, it's the most abundant in those mountians over there." As Zokai and his father Isaac traveled to the mountians Isaac was explaning to Zokai that making a copper weapon was very easy to do.

"...It took me about a week to make my first copper sword. You have to get a lot of copper ore that's why we bought this linen sack with us. The we'll have to go to town and get you your blacksmith hammer."

"Why do you have your sword with you?" asked Zokai.

"Well you see son there are rumors going around town of a goblin village and the goblins are mining, so in order for me to keep us safe i have my sword."

"Goblins?!" Exclaimed Zokai. "Can I kill them when I make a sword?"

"No! Goblins keep to themselves and we don't need to have a war between the Goblins. Here we are, This is where we will be mining." Isaac and Zokai mined the copper ore and put it in the sack.

"There. That'll be enough for a copper sword." Isaac and Zokai headed to town but, stopped suddenly.

"Hang on son, I think I hear somethng." They waited and Isaac pulled out his sword, then out of no where two goblins jumped out with daggers. The goblins were little green creatures that looked like orcs but, only wield daggers. The two goblins charged Isaac and Zokai.

"Zokai run! get to town and get some help! I can handle these goblins!" Zokai took off running, leaving the copper ore behind. He ran as fast as he could across the open plains to town.

"Guards, guards! Goblins are attacking my father Isaac!" Cried Zokai. The guards followed Zokai back to his father where Zokai found his father's dead body and a dead goblin.

"No! Daddy!" Zokai cried. He kneeled down by his father, then with rage and full of revenge he picked up his dads sword and charged into the goblins village with the guards following. They ambushed the village, slaying all of the goblins. Zokai and the guards returned to Isaac and took his body to town to be buried. The next day Zokai was taken to the Tellurium Castle. The guards escorted Zokai to the master swordsman Quarters.

"Greetings, Zokai the Blacksmith." Greeted Master Arthas.

"Why am I here?" Zokai asked.

"You are here to become a knight, me and your father were good friends and he told me that if he ever died to make you a knight. I'll be the one who will train you."

"a Knight...when do I start training?"

"Soon, but first I'll have to find you a sword and shield. In the mean time the guards shall show you around the castle and then, they'll take you to the King." The guards showed Zokai around the castle. Zokai saw a lot of the grand masters and thier equipment. he also got to see the Coliseum and something he would never expect, a statue of his father.

"Isaac was one of the best knights of Trellurium and the greatest gladiator. Your dad helped us fight many of wars with the first wave of High Warlord Gaia." One of the guards committed.

"Why haven't I ever heard him talk about how he was a knight?"

"Well, that's because, in the first wave Bismuth was with Gaia. Bismuth casted a curse on Isaac which made him forget he was a knight, and if Arthas wasn't there then, Isaac would've died. Well that's enough history for one day. We need to get your to the king." The guards took Isaac to the throne room where the King sat in his throne.

"Who is this? What crime has he done?" The King roar.

"This is Zokai. He was sent here by Master Arthas your honor." One guard said.

"Zokai, yes I want to talk to him alone."

"Yes as you wish your honor." The guards said as they left.

"I'm here to talk to you about becoming a knight and what honor you must fulfill. You will become a very strong and noble knight, this I've seen, but you must prove to me that you are loyal to me. I want you to go through those doors behind my throne and you will see a sword in stone, pull the sword out of the stone and return to me." Zokai went to the door behind the throne and walked up to the sword in stone. He gripped the handle tightly and pulled. The sword came out; a light energy came around him and transformed him. Zokai now has shiny armor and a Trellurium shield. Zokai returned to the king.

"Well-done, Zokai, you have proven to me that you are loyal enough to me, and I bet you are wondering how this proves loyalty. The sword you hold is called the 'Trellurium Sword.' It's made form the best sword-crafters around and, only a selected few could pull it and you are one of them, and so was your father."

"My father was one?" Zokai was shocked, he knew his father was a legend of Trellurium, but he never thought he was this big of a legend.

"Yes your dad, Arthas, and Gaia. Unfortunately Gaia was turned against us. Now with you and Arthas as the last of the four great knights that will ever rise and protect Trellurium, I shall give you your knights medalin this symbolizes that you are a knight of Trellurium. That's all for now, head down to the Barracks where Master Arthas is. May the light shine upon you Zokai." Zokai left the throne room and headed to the Barracks.

"Zokai. I see you are holding the 'Trellurium Sword", well I guess I'll be training you lets do something very simple strike that "woooden dummy" over there." Zokai sliced the "dummy" in half.

"Excellent." The next seven years went by and Zokai learned new ways to attack with both his sword and shield.

"Zokai I have your first quest for you."

"Awsome what is it?"

"I need you to go to the High Elves city of Crystal moon. There you will find Head Archmage Valarakuar, ask him for a student to come and form a defense against Bismuth. Oh and if you are talking to him in public be sure to whisper Bismuth we don't want everyone to know. Go now Zokai, and may the light be with you. Oh and one more thing go visit 'Trellurium Ranch' for a horse." Zokai went to Trellurium Ranch. When he got there he could hear someone playing sweet music.

"What is that sweet music?" Zokai wondered. A rancher came up

"Welcome to Tellurium Ranch knight. You must be looking for a horse."

"Yes I am." Zokai replied.

"Well let me show you our selection." The Rancher said

"By the way where is that music coming from?" Zokai ask.

"That's my daughter, she is playing a song she wrote you can find her by the stables." Zokai went over to the stables to see the daughter.

"Hi." Greeted Isaac. The music stopped.

"Hi. What is your name?" The Rancher's daughter ask.

"Zokai Knight of Tellurium."

"A knight of Tellurium huh. You must be here for a horse." The Rancher's daughter ask.

"That's right but, I wanted to tell you, that song that you were playing sounded really sweet. What is it called, and what instrument is that you playing?" Zokai ask.

"Espon Melody. I named it after this horse, and this instrument is called an orcarina." The Rancher's daughter said putting her hand on the horse standing right by her.

"She's a beauty." Zokai complimintted.

"Ya, but, she'll be up for sale soon." The Rancher's daughter said.

"That's too bad. Hey, what if I took her?" Zokai suggested

"Would you take care of her or just take her to the barracks in Tellurium and make her a breeder?" The Rancher's daughter ask.

"I'm actually going on a a quest, I have to go to Crystal Moon. So my answer would be yes, I will take care of her." Zokai said.

"Ok, then I'll give her to you for free." The Rancher's daughter said handing Zokai the reins. Zokai got on Espon.

"What's your name?" Zokai asked.

"Shiva." Shiva replied.

"Well it was nice to meet you Shiva. May the light be with you." Zokai said.

"Nice to meet you too Zokai." Zokai and Espon jumped the fence and rode off to Crstal Moon. Zokai traveled east for many miles, past the open plains and mountians. After five days of riding he finally go to Crystal Moon. He got off Espon and took her to the stable in the city. Zokai went to the Inn and went to the bartender.

"Excuse me but, where can I find Head Archmage Valarakuar?" Zokai ask.

"You can find him in his quarters but, you will have to talk to the mages at the Mage Academy just north of here." The bartender said.

"Thank you." Zokai said as he started to walk away.

"Hang on, he is actually sitting over there in the back with his newest student Grimlock." The bartender corrected.

"Thank you very much." Zokai said.

That's how I became a Knight of tellurium.

"So is it just us two or will there be more of us." Asked Grimlock.

"There might be more, we'll just have to see." Said Zokai.

"You two just be careful." Said Valarakuar and teleported them back to the inn.

"Come on we'll have to get to the stables. Do you have a horse?" Then Valarakuar appeard in front of them.

"I almost forgot, Grimlock all advance fire mages can summon a fire horse let me show you." Valarakuar created a fire ball then, turned it into a horse by slamming the fire ball into the ground and rising the fire up.

"Awsome, let me try." Grimlock did the same thing and made his horse.

"Well you two go now and may the arcane magic be with you." Grimlock and Zokai went to the stables where Zokai got on his horse an rode off to Trellurium. Five days later they arrived at Trellurium.

"This is my home. Follow me we'll go to the castle." Zokai took Grimlock to the castle where Arthas stood.

"Welcome noble High-elf I am Arthas. What is your name?"

"I'm Apprentice Grimlock student of Head Archmage Valarakuar."

"Well you know that we are forming a defense against Bismuth we still need the other four. There is: woodelves, Hydreptus, trolls, and orcs. We need those four for the defense. You'll find; the wood elves to the west in their sacred forest, the Hydroreptus to the south-east in the ocean of Sea-boron, Trolls to the south-west in the destert of Tal', and the Orcs in the Blood-Rock Mountians. to the north. I would advise to go to the Woodelves, Trolls, Orcs, and finally Argonians."

"Alright but, we're going to need more supplies than what we have." Zokai said.

"Right you are Zokai, I've already got all the supplies that you will need for your journey. The guards will give you it when you leave."

"Thank you master." Zokai and Grimlock went to the gates.

"Zokai here is your supplies for your journey. May the light be with you." Zokai and Grimlock left Trellurium to the Woodelves sacred forest. They traveled through the land and arrived in the sacred forest within three days.

"So where is this place?" asked Grimlock.

"I would suspect it to be in a tree." They continued going deeper and deeper into the forest until they got to the Woodelves place. It was a town in several trees with everything made out of oak.

"Greetings Human and Highelf, what brings you to our sacred forest?!" shouted a woodelf high in a tree.

"We are here to find an apprentice. May we speak to your King?!" Zokai shouted back.

"Certainly come on up I'll lower the elevator, which was a wooden create that had a rope tied to the top and ran all the way to a supporting piece of wood. Zokai and Grimlock got in the elevator, the elevator rose high in the tree tops. When it stopped Zokai and Grimlock got out. The woodelf led Isaac and Grimlock to the king.

"A Human and Highelf?" What are you two doing here?" The King asked

"We are here to find an apprentice to create a defense against Bismuth." Isaac said

"Why do you want an apprentice and not an elite?" The King asked

"Master Arthas wanted me to gather only one apprentice: A Woodelf, Troll, Orc and Hydroreptus."

"Well, I have one for you. Drake here is my student, he is the finest assassin and marksman that I've seen for a long time." Drake has a tanner skin than Grimlock, but he has two daggers, a bow, and a quiver of arrows, and his armor is black leather with a black assassin's hood.



© 2013 cody


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on April 9, 2013
Last Updated on April 10, 2013


Author

cody
cody

Deepwater, MO



Writing
Drake Drake

A Story by cody


The Legend The Legend

A Book by cody


Grimlock Grimlock

A Chapter by cody





FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars
Compartment 114
Compartment 114