Tal'Vex

Tal'Vex

A Chapter by cody
"

Fourth chapter of "The Legend"

"

STORY OF TAL'VEX.

Tal'Vex real name is Vex he earns the title "Tal" later in his life. Vex started to become a hunter at the age of eight. In his first year of training he learned to fight in close combat. Every beginner hunter starts his or her's training with a wooden staff. The staff is five and a half feet tall. Vex moved through the training quickly; he trained by striking a practice "dummy" for four hours then, he would have to run for another two hours every day. When he turned twelve years old he begain to work on his throwing skills.

"It's time to begin da training on throwing, first ya will have to sharpen your spear." Master Headhunter Kul'Ul said. Vex took his knife out and spent most of the day sharpening his spear. The next day Vex and the other hunters begain to work on their throwing skills. Vex had the best accuracy out of all of them, but not the best distance. The year past and Vex is now thirteen years old. King Tal' came up to Vex.

"Vex, I want ya to go out to da desert and slay twenty Bloodstain Trolls. After ya do tis' ya shall be granted da title "Headhunter." Vex went out to the desert. He searched for four days for the Bloodstain Village. He waited until late at night, then he snuck into the village and killed twenty of them, by sneaking up and scalping them with his knife. Vex found the Bloodstain Leader Ka'Thur sleeping on a bed. Vex snuck up to Ka'thur and sliced his throat, then he put the scalped Bloodstain Troll's heads in a linen sack, and carried Ka'Thur's body to Tal's throne room. The throne room is in the Great Ziggurat of Tol'ana. Vex laid Ka'Thur's body and the sack of twenty heads in front of Tal'.

"Well done Vex; not only did ya kill da twenty Bloodstain Trolls ya also killed their leader. Ya have earned the rank "Elite Headhunter". Why don't ya rest and I'll give ya a more challenging task tomorrow." Tal' said. Vex returned to his hut where he sharpened his spears and knife. The next morning Vex went to Tal'.

"Mornin' Vex, how would ya like to become a higher rank than "Elite Headhunter"...a "Tal'"?

"How do I become a Tal'?

"Ya will have to fight in the Ring of Tol' for two years, then ya will be known as Tal'Vex. Let me show ya the Ring of Tol'." Tal' took Vex to the Ring of Tol', and begain to explain what the Ring of Tol' is.

"The Ring of Tol' is like any other arena. Each combatant must first qualify to compete. There will be 1,000 trolls and other races that will join the Ring of Tol'. Only half of them will make it. Ya see da way to win is to kill ya opponent. Da ones that move on to compete will face another opponent and once again only half of them will move on to the next round. In the third and fourth round the combatant that is the lowest in rank will have to leave unless he or she can pass the respective challenge given. When we get to da finals da last person will face da previous year champion. Da champion match will be held on top of da Great Ziggurat of Tol'ana. Ya know all that ya need to know, da qualifying matches will begin in one week. Good luck to ya." Vex prepared himself by going to the training room every day. The day the arena began; Vex went to the Ring of Tol' basement which is also the barracks, and directly underneath the arena floor. There he practiced until his time came. He waited about an hour before the Arena Master shouted,

"Our next contestants are Vex the Elite Headhunter, versus, Nightslayer the murderer from the Shadow Stalkers!" Vex went up the ramp, through the door that leads up to the arena floor. When he enter the arena, a gate blocked the arena and the exits. The Arena Master stood up by King Tal' and announced,

"Combatants! Get Ready! Fight!" The gates open, Nightslayer shot an arrow and almost hit Vex. Vex charged at Nightslayer, dodging every arrow Nighslayer shot. When Vex got close enough he threw his spear at Nightslayer, stabbing him in the leg. Vex then, pulled his dagger out and entered a melee battle with Nightslayer. Both of them battle fiercefully but, Vex managed to get behind Nightslayer and stabbed him several times. Nightslayer fell to the ground. The Arena Master stood up and yelled.

"Your winner is Vex the Elite Headhunter! Vex has earned the right to be in this year's Arena!" Vex pulled his spear out of Nightslayer, then gave a battle roar. Vex left to the Barracks to take a shower. Vex went over to a bench to sharpen his dagger and spear. Tal' came over

"That was some match."

"Not good enough though, I have to work on my accuracy." Vex said.

"Well, ya are in da ring now. Remember there is five-hundred other combatantants competing for the same thing ya are. Get some sleep, a new day awaits."

The next day Vex woke up early to work on his accuracy. He went to the ring examining how he could enter differently. He also tried going to the sides but, that didnt work. He remembered what Nightslayer did at the begining of the match; when he almost hit Vex with an arrow. Vex went to the gate and pulled his spear out. He put the spear above his head and focused on the angle at which he would have to throw it in order to hit his target. He launched the spear landing in the middle of the ring. Vex went to the barracks, and waited until the Arena begain. The Arena Master came in a few hours later.

"Combatants come see who will be your next victim!" The wall behind the Arena Master showed a picture of each combatant. There was a line pairing each combatant. Vex's opponent is a High Elf mage. Vex went to the training room where he sat to rethink his strategy.

"I know tat I wont stand a chance in a range match, and if he is a fire mage, then he could burn me. If he is a frost mage, then he could freeze me. Hmm, if I charge at him and dodge most of the spells, and if I can get close enough to him, then I can keep him busy and might stand a chance." Vex thought to himself.

About an hour later his match was up. He entered the same way like before, but he didn't see the mage. The Arena Master yelled,

"The winner is Vex the Elite Headhunter!" Vex went back to the barracks where Tal' was,

"I know tat you are confused, da mage forfited which led to his death. Don't worry though, ya will fight at night time because there might be another forfit."

"What will happen if there isn't?" asked Vex.

"The Arena Master will think of something. My advice to ya is tis': don't ever stop training after your matches, come back to the barracks, clean up, and sharpen your blades all the time." Vex went on with his traing. Night time came around, and the Arena Master came to Vex and said,

"Your time has come Vex, your opponents are waiting for you in the Arena." The Arena Master walked away. Vex put his armor and weapons on, then headed to the Arena.

"Vex the Elite Headhunter! Will be proving that he can move on to the next round! He well fight three bloodstain elites that are fighting for thier lives! Combatents, prepare yoursleves! Fight!" Vex threw his spear impaling one of them in the head, then he rushed to another one and stabbed him in the chest several times. The last elite came behind Vex.

"Looks, like its just me and you now. Vex." he said in a sharp, corrupt voice.

"Who are you?" questioned Vex.

"I'm Highruler Xin', you did well destoring my small tribe. Now feel the wrath of a Highruler!" Xin' went into a frenzy, charging at Vex. Vex stood his ground and engaged a "Ruler Fight." A "Ruler Fight" is, a fight that starts off with one "Ruler" that enters a frenzy and fights to the death with a different tribe troll; the winner becomes the new Ruler of that tribe. Vex and Xin' battled for about thirty minutes, injuring each other really bad, until Vex managed to drive his spear into Xin's heart. Vex looked down at Xin's bleeding body, then collapsed. Vex woked up in the barracks, where he seen all the other combatants and Tal' looking at him.

"How ya doin' Vex?" Tal' asked

"Sore...what happened?"

"Ya fainted after the match with Xin'. The Arena Master had no ideo that Xin' was apart of thaat group so, for your reward you have earned the right to sit the next round out. Get some sleep, you'll have to train later."

Vex went to sleep, he dreamed of the fight with Xin'. Vex dodged most of his jabs but, Xin' cut off Vex's arms and legs. At the end Xin' whispers a curse and, stabs Vex in the chest. Vex woke up shaking and, terrified, Tal' rushes over.

"Whats Wrong?"

"I relived the fight."

"Da one with Xin'?"

"Ya, except he won and, whispered something, in a language I haven't heard of."

"Why don't you go eat I'll get a witchdoctor."

"Ok." Vex went to the butcher in town, and took the meat to the barracks.

"Vex ya back, the witch doctor is here, says that Xin' did put a curse on ya."

"Da curse that ya have, can not be cured by medicine, it's the, "Bloodstain Curse." The Curse will make ya go into a frenzy when ya enter the ring. The only cure is to control the beast within ya." The Witch-Doctor explained.

"So, I will be fighting myself and my opponent?" Vex sighed. A few hours later Vex went to the arena.

"Up next is Vex the Elite Headhunter Verses an Orc, Thor!" Yelled the Arena Master. Vex and Grom charged at each other, and just like the Witch-Doctor said; Vex went into a frenzy. Vex murdered Grom; less than a minute, but his fight was not over yet. The curse took over, and now there was Vex's "beast"...a tiger.

"Looks as if im supposed to fight this tiger, but its different from the wild tigers this one looks as if its a spirit. But I will do what over it takes to get rid of this curse."

Vex charged at the tiger, the tiger pounced on Vex. Vex used his spear to block the tiger from biting him, he put his feet on the tigers stomach and launced the tiger over his head; Vex quickly got up and the tiger did as well.

"At least this tiger is a mortal which means it can be killed."

Both of them charged at each other, Vex jump as, the tiger went to pounce; Vex impaled the tiger in the back with his spear. The tiger collapsed, but Vex begain to feel guilty. Vex went over to the tiger and lifted him up; Vex bought him to the Witchdoctor, as Vex laid the tiger on a bench.

"Witch-doctor can ya heal this tiger?!" the witch-doctor came over.

"I can try." The Witch-Doctor begain to cure the tiger's wounds. After three hours of nursing the Witch-doctor went over to Vex with the tiger.

"It wasnt easy, but he is cured." Vex eyes begain to fill with tears and hugged the tiger; the tiger begain to pure. Vex kept the tiger in the Barracks, as he went to the butcher to get some meat for the tiger. Vex returned to the Barracks, where Tal' was petting the tiger.

"What ya did was heart warming Vex, in the years that i've been both contestant and king have I ever seen that kind of compassion. Ya are a true Elite HeadHunter. What are ya going to name him?"

"I was thinking of Fluffy." Vex said.

"Fluffy. well Fluffy looks like we're going to be close friends. Vex ya still have to compete in da Arena though, and da next round is the fourth round. last round before qualifing matches to go to the semi finals. Ya and Fluffy get some sleep, and i'll see ya in the ring tomarrow."

The next day Vex woke up beside Fluffy. The Arena Master came into the Barracks.

"The first match will begain with in thirty-minutes! The first match will be Vex versus the fiercesome human Skullcrusher!" Tal' came over to Vex

"When ya go to the ring I will take Fluffy to where I sit to keep an eye on him."

"Thank ya King Tal'."

Vex went to the arena floor, he see's the human behind his gate and, see's why he is called "Skullcrusher." He held a huge steel hammer and was very musculer. Skullcrusher charged at Vex and tried to hammer Vex in the ground, but Vex moved out of the way and stabbed him in the ribs. Vex used this tattic of running in a circle around Skullcrusher worked very well. Skullcrusher caught on to Vex's tattic, and spun in a circle hitting Vex. Vex flew from the center of the arena to the right wall making a hole in the wall. The right wall is forty-yards away. The right wall is also where: Tal', fluffy, and the Arena Master sat; Fluffy stood up and went to the edge of the plateform. Tal' grabbed Fluffy by the fur on his neck, and brought him back to Tal's seat and said in a friendly voice,

"If ya interfere with Vex's match, both of ya will be executed; so for that not to happen ya must stay put. Vex will find a way to turn the tables."

Skullcrusher charged at Vex. When Skullcrusher got close enough he jumped up with his hammer over his head. Vex took his dagger out and impaled in the chest; Vex rolled out underneath Skullcursher legs. Then round house kick Skullcrusher in the temple, knocking Skullcrusher out. Vex took the dagger out of Skullcrusher and slit his throat. Vex returned to the middle, and Tal' let Fluffy jump down to be with his Master. Vex knelt down and gave Fluffy a hug, then stood up and raised his spear. The crowd cheered and The Arena Master stood up.

"Vex is the winner! With an amazing match and ending! Vex, you have earn a match in the semi final! The semi final's will determain who will fight on top of the Great Ziggurat, clean yourself up and both you and your pet are welcome guest to the party at the Great Ziggurat!" The crowd grows louder as Vex and Fluffy left.

Tal' comes up to Vex,

"If ya want I can bend da rules for ya in the final match."

"Bend da rules? Wat do ya mean?"

"I mean I can make the final match a two on two match, ya and Fluffy together verses ya opponent and what ever he can summon since da last two contestants are necromancers."

"Necromancers? Don't they use dark magic to summon skeletons?"

"Tat's correct. But da only rule is tat neither combatant can attack da pets. Which means tat ya can't attack his skeletons and he can't attack Fluffy. Do ya want me to make tis happen?"

"I want to make sure Fluffy is ok with it." Vex stated. Fluffy, jump up on Vex with his tail wagging.

"I take tat as a yes." Tal' said and begain to laugh. Tal', Vex and Fluffy went to the Great Ziggurat. The Great Ziggurat inside is a big room that is two-thousand square yards. It has alot of tables, the tables begain thirty yards from the entrance to hundred yards from the end. There is three rows of the tables. At the end of the rows a "stage" sat where the finalist, high-class, the Arena Master, and Tal' sat. The Arena Master stood up, to the left of Tal's throne, Tal's throne is in the center of the "stage". Everyone grew quite.

"Ladies and Gentalman, please give a warm welcome to the most emprisive combatant. Vex, Leader of the Bloodstain; and his Master me, King Tal'! Come on over here Vex and Fluffy." Everyone begain cheering and clapping as Vex, and Fluffy made their way to the stage. Vex sat down to the right of Tal', Tal' remain standing and, everyone grew quite agian.

"Welcome, to tis magnificient party! I would like to Congratulate our very own Troll, Vex! and his opponent Sadow da Necromancer! I have a special surprise for da final match, it's going to be a two on two match! Both combatants will be allowed to use pets or summon creatures! Da only rule is tat neither combatants can attack each other's pets or creatures, only da pet or creatures can attack each other! Combatants caught disobeing tis rule will be imediately executed! Now, lets have a good time and, may da best combatant win!" The party cheer and clap, everyone begain talking again.

"Vex." Shadow said in a friendly voice

"What is your tiger's name?" he asked.

"Fluffy." replied Vex in the same manner.

"That's an unusal name for an Elite Headhunter and Leader of the Bloodstain's pet." Shadow replied with a sarcastic voice.

"Why ya say tat?" questioned Vex.

"I say tat because, I figured a more, how would ya say it...heroic name."

"What would ya have named a Tiger?"

"Well, something more along the line of Blaze or Raja."

"Well, when ya get ya own pet then, ya can name it one of those names." Vex started to fix a plate for Fluffy.

"It just so happens that I do have a pet, I have lost of pets that I can make and, let them attack you right now!" Shadow begain to summon a skeleton. Tal' stepped in.

"Now settle down ya two. Ya two will have your chance tomarrow. Vex ya and Fluffy go outside and get cooled down." Vex and Fluffy left. Vex and Fluffy went to the top of the Great Ziggurat. The sun started to set, Vex and Fluffy sat in the middle of the platform; staring off in the sunset.

"Looks like we get to fight together." Vex said to Fluffy.

"It's been awhile since da last time we fought together." Fluffy said in Vex's mind.

"Sure has, but at least tis time we will be on a team; and we will win and both become Tal's."

"I was thinking, about what happen at dinner and, maybe I could use a more heroic name."

"Well what did ya have in mind?"

"How about Lightning, or Thunder?"

"Hmm, I like Thunder. Thunder is ya new name!"

"Tal'Vex and Tal'Thunder are da new champions!".Vex and Thunder laugh and went to sleep. The sun sank behind the desert and nighttime set in. Vex and Thunder woke up around five o'clock.

"Mornin Ares."

"Mornin Master. How did ya sleep?"

"Good. Want to get some food?"

"Ya. Where we going to get food this early though?"

"My hut where else?" They left to Vex's house.

"I got some stored meat around here somewhere." Vex rummages through his stored sandboxes. Sandboxes were small rectangles in the ground of a trolls hut.

"Ahh. Here we are. I have four pieces of meat. two for me and two for ya."

"Give me them." Thunder jump up on Vex.

"Hang on there Thunder, I have to get a bowl. Here ya go." Vex and Thunder ate their slices of meat.

"Whats da plan for today."

"I was thinking that we could run to da Great Ziggurate and train there."

"That sounds like a good plan." They finished eating and ran to the Great Ziggurat. When they got there,they begain training. Vex charged at Thunder, Thunder pounced on Vex. Vex rolled out. Vex Trained with Ares until eight o'clock than, Tal' showed up.

"I see ya been training, just remember that ya can only fight Shadow. Fluffy must fight da creatures.

"It's Thunder now. He wanted a new name so he came up with Thunder."

"Oh pardon me, Thunder."

"It's ok Tal'." Thunder told him

"Da match will begain at noon Da Arena Master will begain announcing at elven o'clock. I'm not sure when Shadow will show."

Elven o'clock came around and the Arena Master came to the top of the Great Ziggurat, along with Shadow.

"The Match will begain in one hour!" the Arena Master anounced.

"So, ya and Fluffy ready to be terrified of the creatures that I conjure in the match."

"Me and Thunder are ready for anything ya conjure. Just remeber ya fight is with me necromancer."

"Thuder? Who's Thunder?"

"Oh ya, Fluffy decided tat he wanted his name changed to Thunder."

"So ya took my adivce and changed ya kitten's name. At least he sounds more threating than Fluffy." Thunder begain to growl.

"Calm down Thunder ya can take ya anger out on his creatures."

For the next hour Vex and Thunder rested, while Shadow practice conjuring his creatures. He conjure a skelton warrior, mage, archer, and a ghost. The creatures last from twenty seconds to a minute.

During the hour many spectators came to see who is going to be "Arena Champion." The spectators ranged from Trolls, Orcs, Elves, Humans, and other races. The mages that were spectating levitated the crowd to get a better view. The Arena Master stood,

"Welcome to the Arena Final where the winner will be named Arena Champion! This match will be alittle different from the others, it is a two-on-two match; which means that the combatants can use pets! The only rule is, the combatants can not attack the other combatants compainion! Now lets introduce our first contestant, Vex King of the Blood-stained Trolls; with his companion Thunder the Spirit Tiger. And his opponent the dark necromancer Shadow! Combatants, once me and Tal' are levitated then your match begins!" The mages levited Tal' and the Arena Master, Vex and Thunder charged at Shadow. Shadow quickly summound his skeleton warrior, mage, and archers. Thunder ran into the warrior then, ran to the mage and archer. The archer shot five arrows before Thunder got to him, Thnder dodge all of the arrows and ran into the archer, the archer vanish. The mage shot a frost bolt freezing Thunder for a moment.

Vex charge at Shadow, Shadow summon a wall of bones protecting him. Vex climb the wall of bones, once he got to the top he threw a spear at Shadow stopping him from summoning another creature. Vex jump down from the wall, and kept Shadow from summoning any thing. Vex pushed Shadow to the edge of the top of the Great Ziggurat; Vex thrust his spear into Shadow knocking him off the top. Shadow fell to the ground, hitting a few nearby spectators.

The mages lowered Tal' and the Arena Master back down.

"The winner of the Arena is Vex the King of the Bloodstained trolls and Champion of Tol', and his compainion Thunder!" Announced the Arena Master.

"Welldon Vex. Next year ya will fight who ever wins next year's Arena, only then will ya earn da right to be named Tal'Vex King of the Bloodstain trolls and Champion of the Ring of Tol'."

The next day Vex and Thunder took off to the Bloodstain Ziggurat.

"Welcome King Vex, ya will be pleased to hear that we've been working on a treaty for da Great Tal', and have been making weps for our next campain to take control of the desert." A Bloodstain commander said.

"What is ya name?"

"I am Commander Ul'az."

"Well, Commander Ul'za, what do ya mean about the next campain and taking control of the desert. If ya havent notice im the king and what King Xin's plan was about taking control and campains are over. We will assist the Great Ziggurat, and send supplies to them and our other allies." Vex commanded.

"As ya wish King." Ul'za bowed and left.

Vex and Ares went to the throne room.

"I think there's going to be alot of changes to be made in this empire." Vex told Thunder.

"Just be careful not to make these trolls to mad, because they are known for revolting against thier kings and the one that leads them becomes their new king." Thunder stated.

"I would not worry about these trolls as long as we can stay allies with the Great Ziggurat, then we will thrive forever."

"But, if we did become the Great Ziggurat's enemy, then what will we do?"

Commander Ul'az and the other nine Bloodstain commanders came into the throne room.

"King Vex, us commanders have been talking, and we have been thinking that if we do not go on campains; we will never survive since our resources come from da villages we conquer."

"Commander Ul'az, this kingdom will never go on any campains; unless we or our allies are attacked. Now if ya and da other commanders do not have anything else to add ya may leave and forget about any raids!" Vex roared. one of the elder troll spoke.

"Ya majesty, I am Shaman Xeres, and i've been on countless: campains, raids, and revolts. I can speak for all of the Bloodstain trolls we do not have da supplies to thrive. We have been consumed by war and hatered; I will not stand beside a King who does not respect our way of life!"

"I am fully aware of da Bloodstain way of life. I know tat if ya were to keep raiding ya will eventually run across a empire tat will destory us. In order to protect da Trolls ya will do as I say and not question me. Is this understood!"

"Attack!" Xeres and Ul'az charged. Vex pulled his dagger out and killed Xeres. Ares pounced on Commander Ul'az, biting and clawing him to death. The other commanders stayed kneeling during the whole time.

"Da rest of ya, pick these two traitors up and let everyone know that tis. will be their fate if they try to revolt." Vex ordered. the commanders picked up Ul'az and Xeres body, and took them to the pit to be burried with the other traitors.

"See Thunder, we have everything under control."

"I do hope ya are right master. lets get some sleep."

The next day Vex and Thunder went to town.

"Hey master, look."

"What?"

"It's a poster with a challenge."

"Hmm. saids

If ya think ya can over through da king and his pet tiger Ares, then go to the pit today at three o'clock.

signed the,

Generals

"Well, they did do what I said. Lets go to da pit." Vex and Thunder went to the pit. The pit was just like the arena except that, benethe the pit was the burrial tombs of the traitors. One of the general's came up to Vex.

"King Vex, we have thirty-two citizens who think that they can over through ya. Do ya wish to have more or do ya wish to begain the challenge."

"Thirty-two citizens. Tats impressive, how many more do ya think that ya can get."

"Maybe fifty to hundred more."

"Ok get those and we will begain."

"As ya wish." The general went back to gathering citizens. Vex and Thunder went to their seat that was located in the center of the stands on the right side.

Hours later the matches were finally ready with eighty citizens competing. Vex stood up.

"Welcome to Da Pit. All of ya will get a chance to face me, but in order to face me and Thunder ya must first prove tat ya have what it takes to be a king. Ya each will fight each other to da death. The winner will move on, da loser will be burried with all of da other traitors. Now there will be three rounds of one vs one: first, round will be all of ya in it. Da second round will only have forty in it. Da third round will have ten of ya in it, and Da fourth round my compainion Thunder will join making it an even six. Leaving two of ya. Those two will have one final round of one vs one before ya face me. Now let's get these matches under way."

The first round took most of the day. The winners came to the middle of the pit. Vex stood up once again.

"Congratulations. Ya fourty have succeeded in pasting da first round. At da end of tomarrow only twenty of ya will be standing here. Now rest up and be back here tomarrow." Vex and Thunder departed to the Throne room.

"Master, do ya think its wise for me to be a combatant in this arena? I mean what if I dont succeed in killing my opponent."

"Thunder. Ya got to trust in me, don't worry im just one leap from saving ya. Remember im king and what I say goes." All of a sudden the door flew open, and twenty of the combatants rushed in, charging to the throne. Thunder returned into Vex turning Vex in to a Khajiit, wielding two large battle axe. Vex roar and charged in to the group of traitors. One by one the combatants fell to the ground. Vex spun in a circle chopping the rest of the traitors in half. Thunder left Vex's body and both fell to the ground.

The next day both of them woke up to see twenty trolls slaughter, and a large battle axe beside each other.

"What happen here?" Vex said tierdly.

"I'm not sure. I think we did it."

"Why ya say dat?"

"Look on da battle axes beside us. There's blood on them, and da corpses have marks dat a axe makes."

"I think ya are right, but how did we kill all of them. When I cant even wield two of these heavy axes." As Vex tries to pick the battle axe beside him up.

"Maybe we should talk to da Generals. Maybe they can give us clues to what happened." Vex and Ares went to the barracks.

"Generals. Can ya tell me what happened at da throne room last night? Why are there twenty mutilated trolls in there?

"Ya dont remeber? I seen ya and Thunder become one and turn into a Khajiit, then out of no where ya had two large battle axes. Da rest ya know."

"Why was ya in there?"

"I seen a group of combatants leave da pit and head to da throne room. I followed, but as soon as I seen ya shapeshift I ran back here."

"I thank ya for ya honesty. We better get a move on, we still have to see who is going to try and over through us."

"No need to King. After da other combatants heard what happened they fleed da city." Everyone begain to laugh.

"Well. Since no one is brave enough to over though me, then lets start making this city a better place to live."

Over the year as Vex ruled. Vex made a training ground for all of the citizens of ages eight and up. He also helped other trolls raise compainions from a varity of animals. He also manged to make the bloodstain trolls friendly among most of the troll empires in the desert.

"Da Arena is going to start in a week we should get going."

"Its about time, but who's going to be ruling while we're at da Arena?"

"I'm going to put da generals in charge. I'll tell da generals today before we leave."

Vex and Thunder spent most of the day packing up. At dusk they were finally ready to leave, but they had to first stop by the barracks to tell the generals.

"Generals. I have important news, i'm going to be leaving to da Great Ziggurat to fight in da Arena. I'm going to let all of ya rule tis kingdom. Farwell."

Vex and Thunder left for the Great Ziggurat. Once Vex and Thunder got to the Great Ziggurat they went to King Tal'.

"Vex, Thunder. Welcome back. How's life as a king?" King Zul' said joyfully.

"It was rough, but we finally restored peace in the kingdom and they have alot more allies."

"Tat's good. Are ya ready for da Arena to become Tal'Vex?"

"I am, but do I still have to quallify to get in da Arena?"

"No, since ya are da Arena Champion all ya have to do is defend da title."

"Great. I'm going to unpack at my house then, i'll see ya tomarrow."

Vex and Thunder left to thier old home.

"Hey Vex?"

"Ya."

"Do ya think we can bring our spirits together again like we did when da combatants tried to over through us?"

"I'll have to check what da rules are, but if we can then we will."

"Awsome."

The rest of the night Vex finished unpacking, then went to sleep. The next day Vex and Thunder went to the Ring of Tal'.

"Hey Vex. Ya will be sitting with me." Tal' said.

"Awsome, I can see what da other combatants are like."

"Oh ya. I almost forgot, da rules changed some. Instead of da combatants fighting each other, I decided to make da battles be combatants verses animals and beasts."

"Animals and Beasts? Then how does da champion match work?"

"It will be an old match with two fierce combatants battling to da death on da Great Ziggurat."

"I got an idea. Me and Thunder have learned a new transformation, tat would entertain da audience."

"Transformation? How about tis, Ya both can give a little presentation. Ya will demastrate tis transformation after da qualifing match." By the end of the day only four-hundred and fifty-six survived against animals and beasts such as: scorpions, raptors, serpents, wolves, and imps.

"Congratulations to all of those who past da quallifing match. Now welcome to da ring Vex and Thunder Champions of da Ring of Tal' and King of one of our greatest allies da Bloodstain Trolls! Vex and Thunder have a special surpise for all of ya!" Tal' anounced.

Vex and Thunder made thier way to the center of the ring. Then joined thier spirits together, transforming them into a Khajit wielding two large battle axes just like before; but unlike last time they were able to control the "beast." They gave a battle roar, then return to thier former self.

"Tat is what one of ya will be able to face and try to defeat for da title Champion!"

The next day Vex and Thunder trained together. They ran around the kingdom, and worked on thier combat skills until dusk. At dusk they went to the Great Ziggurat to have dinner with Tal'.

"It's good to have ya back here Vex. Things have changed alot, since ya have left we havent been as competitive as we were; I can sense something is going to be coming tat will change da desert for ever. And I would like for ya to be one of my protectors.

"Protector, what about da Arena. I have to defend my title."

"True, but after da combatants seen ya transform into da legendary Khajit that vanished from da desert centuries ago they left so now only three are left, and they're da king of da minotaurs, king of da Cenatuars, and da king of da Cyclops, but I don't know what will happen if ya kill all three. We may have another war tat will last just as long as da war did with your kingdom."

"Why do they want to fight me? And if I beat them, then I will be da king of thier kingdoms. right?"

"Only if they are willing to put thier kingdoms on da line. I'm not sure why they're here. If I remember right Xin' made a treaty with them, but It was only a life treaty. Meaning that when news spread about Xin's death here at da ring, they've been, wanting to challenge ya for da Bloodstain Kingdom."

"Hmm. So they have a grudge against me, because I beat Xin'. Well lets have a match here in da arena. It will be me and Ares together versus the three of them. It shall be called da Match for da Desert."

"I like it, but what will we do when thier armies come to revenge thier kings?"

"We will send a messenger to all of our nearest allies and let them know what is about to happen."

"I hope da message reaches them in time though." Vex and Thunder left for thier house.

The next day They went to the barracks where da three kings sat talking. The Minotaur looked up.

"Well look what the cat drug in. Before we fight you, we should at least make acquatince. My name is Zurgas, the cenatuar's name is Ixion, and da cyclops is Brauron. Us three shall take da desert, and enslave all of da trolls. Then we shall once again reign supreme over this desert."

"Well tat is interesting. I'm Vex, King of da Bloostain Trolls, and Champion of da Ring of Tal'; with my compainion Ares. Now get to da ring and get ready for a battle of your Kingdom!"

Zurgas, Ixion, and Brauron went to da ring. Zurgas wields a battle axe, Ixion wields a bow and quiver of arrows, and Brauron wields a stone club. The three went to the far side of the ring. Vex and Ares came in shortly after, the gates raised up as the combatants went into their respective sides. The arena master stood up,

"Welcome to the final match of this year's arena. The challangers Zurgas King of the Minotaurs, Ixion king of the cenataurs, and lastly the king of the cyclops Brauron! And the returning champions King Vex arena champion and his companion Ares. The winner of this match will gain control of the whole desert. Combatants! Fight!"

The gates flew open, Vex and Ares turned into the legendary khajit; Zurgas and Brauron charged, Ixion stayed behind shooting arrows. Vex charged at Zurgas and Brauron, Vex moved quickly around Brauron striking him in the back with his axes, Zurgas charged at Vex, Vex lept in the air as Zurgas slam is axe, getting it stuck in the ground. Vex spun in the air, down to Zurgas holding his axes outward. Brauron stopped Vex by blocking with is stone club. Zurgas retrieved his axe, and struck Vex in the back. Vex fell to the ground, Vex and Ares returned to their natural forms. Vex begain to pick himself up, but Zurgas kicked him. Vex rolled over a few feet, then Zurgas raised his axe above his head and struck at Vex once again, Tal' blocked Zurgas axe with his spear.

"If tis is a match for da desert, then its only fair if I join."

"Another puny troll. You shall die for interfering with this match."

Tal' rolled sidewise, then he jabbed Zurgas with his spear. Zurgas charged at Tal'. Vex and Ares picked themselves up while Tal' kept Zurgas busy. Brauron swung at Vex, Vex dodge and impaled Brauron in his eye, Brauron roar and, the north gate of the kingdom broke down with cyclops charging into the ring, followed by minotaurs and cenataurs. Next came the troll army. Hundreds of Trolls, Minotaurs, Cyclops, and Cenatuars now wage war in the Ring of Tal'. All of a sudden a bright light shined from the sky, and there stood the first king of da desert, the lendary Khajit Ra'Zahr. Ra'Zahr created a wall between both groups.

"Why are you fighting?" Ra'Zahr asked.

"Ra'Zahr! I will crush you if you interfere with this war!" Zurgas roar.

"Zurgas, you will not succed in taking over this desert, for Vex is the last of the hybird between a troll and khajit, he is my grandson. Now I shall bestowe upon him the gift of the khajit."

Ra'Zahr blasted a bright beam to Vex, Vex begain to levitate and transform into a khajit, but this was different from the previous transformation, Vex stood fifteen feet tall with two massive axes made from Ra'Zahr himself. Vex swung the two massive axes killing all of the minotaurs, centatuars, and cyclops.

"Now my grandson, you shall forever be known as Tal'Vex protector of the desert, and your king Tal' shall rule the entire desert. I have seen a glimps into your future."

"What did you see in my future?"

"I can not say, that is for you to figure out."

Ra'Zahr vanished. Now all that remains is the destruction of a ring, and corpses. That night Vex, Ares, and Tal' talked in Tal's throne room.

"So what are we gonna do now?" asked Tal'Vex

" Well, i'm not sure. I'm the king of the desert and you are the protector. How about ya take guard duty, ya will stay at the entrence of the kingdom." Tal' answerd.

" And ya will stay here?" Tal'Vex asked

"Tats the plan, ya will begin guard duty tomarrow." Tal' replied.

Vex returned home. The next morning Tal'Vex and Ares went to the gates, and stood guard for the remainder of his days at the Kingdom of the Great Ziggurat...



© 2013 cody


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on April 9, 2013
Last Updated on April 10, 2013


Author

cody
cody

Deepwater, MO



Writing
Drake Drake

A Story by cody


The Legend The Legend

A Book by cody


Grimlock Grimlock

A Chapter by cody