The Obelisks

The Obelisks

A Chapter by cody
"

Eighth chapter of "The Legend"

"

The goblins charge The Legend.

"Surround the casters!" Isaac command. Isaac, Drake, Shadow, Hurnek, Tal'vex, and Thunder made a semi circle around Xenon, and Grimlock. Grimlock began to cast a fire wall in front of the goblins. Drake and Shadow shot arrows threw the wall of fire. Grimlock levitated above the fire wall and blasted fire at the on comming goblins. One goblin in the back shot an arrow at Grimlock. Grimlock fell to the ground with the arrow stuck in his right shoulder. The fire wall disappear, and the goblins charge in. Xenon work franticly to restore Grimlock. The others defended off the goblins. Xenon heal Grimlock successfully. Grimlock scramble to get cast the fire wall. The fire wall was up again, Grimlock began to send fire balls through the fire wall.

"Grimlock this isnt working!" Isaac said.

"Let me try something, but its going to require me letting the fire wall down."

"How long do you need?" Isaac said.

"Two minutes."

"Two minutes are going to feel like an eternity, but if thats what you need then we should be able to give it to you. All right lets go." Isaac said. Grimlock lower the fire wall, and the goblins charge in once more. Isaac, Drake, Shadow, Hurnek, Tal'vex, and thunder protected the casters once again as well. Grimlock began to conjure a meteor. Xenon kept the guys heal.

"Master, shall we turn into the mighty kahjit?" Thunder ask Tal'Vex.

"We shall." Tal'Vex and Thunder transform into a Kahjit, Tal'Vex and Thunder slice through the goblins as if they were grass.

"Move out of the way!" Grimlock yell. Grimlock cast the meteor inciderating all of the goblins.

"Nice work Grimlock." Drake said.

"Hey that must be the oblisk." Shadow said.

"Question now is how to activate it." Grimlock said. The Legend walk up to the oblisk which was about one-hundred feet from the entrence. Grimlock put his hand up to the oblisk.

"Grimlock wait!" Isaac said. Grimlock quickly retracted his hand.

"Look at the writing on the oblisk." Isaac said.

"It looks like ancient writing." Grimlock said.

"Only if someone knew how to read this text." Shadow said.

"It reads Human." Xenon said.

"How do you know?" Shadow ask.

"In my studies I had to study ancient text, didnt think it would help me." Xenon explain.

"So what does that mean?" Isaac said.

"If I would have to guess, Hurnek you are the only one that can touch this oblisk." Xenon said. Hurnek raise his hand to touch the oblisk. Nervously he touch the oblisk; the oblisk glowed blue, then a minotaur roar at the entrence.

"I am the first of the five protectors of the oblisks, only by killing all five of us will you see Bismuth." The minotaur charge after the group. Isaac, and Hurnek charge at the minotaur. Tal'Vex and Thunder transform into a kahjit, then charge at the minotaur as well. Drake and Shadow stay with Xenon, and Grimlock. The minotaur knock Hurnek back, causing him to go unconsiouse.

"Stupid orc, now its your turn human." The minotaur slam his hammer to the ground Tal'Vex used his axes to block the blow, Isaac quickly slice the leg of the minotaur. The minotaur let out a roar, kneeling down on the hurt leg. Tal'Vex rush over to the healthy leg and cut it off. The minotaur let out another roar falling to his left side.

"Please spare me." The minotaur cried.

"We must kill you in order to save the world." Isaac said.

"Then, do what you have to but let me at least give you some advice about Bismuth. Bismuth is very dangerous, as you already know but, he is immune to fire. Now im ready to die." The minotaur said. Tal'Vex raise his axe then, chop the head of the minotaur off.

"Well at least we know something about Bismuth. Lets go to the next temple." Isaac said.

The Legend venture to the second oblisk.

"The temple is surround by orcs." Grimlock said, landing Xiuhcoatl out of sight.

"It'll be suicide if we charge them. So what are we going to do?" Isaac said.

"How about Xiuhcoatl wipe them out?" Grimlock ask.

"Xiuhcoatl in action, I have to see this." Hurnek said.

"All right then, lets have Xiuhcoatl take them out." Isaac said. Grimlock mounted Xiuhcoatl. Xiuhcoatl took flight. Xiuhcoatl came soaring out of the skies. Xiuhcoatl blasted streams of fire at the massive army of orcs, incinderating all of them. After a minute of the aieral assult the massive army was incinderated. Grimlock came back to the others.

"Nice work Xiuhcoatl." Hurnek said.

"Now with the orcs out of the way we should be able to get to the oblisk easily." Isaac said. The Legend enter the temple, and the oblisk was one-hundred feet away from the entrence.

"All right Xenon can you read what this oblisk says?" Grimlock ask.

"Let me see. hmm it says Orcs."

"So looks like my turn to touch this oblisk." Hurnek said. Hurnek reach out to touch the oblisk; the oblisk glowed red.

"Hurnek." A distict orc's voice said.

"Thorak." Hurnek said shocked.

"Yes. Bismuth took my soul and, gave me the option join him or die. I pick join as you can see. Now I will get done finishing you and your little friends then, im going to join the warlords in finishing the last of the misible people of this world. After that me and the other warlords will reconstruct the world how Bismuth see's fit."

"Thorak, do you remember who we've sworn to protect."

"King Boron. Its a shame that I'll have to kill him, but at least I will be able to become king. Im through talking its time that you see my new raid army that I personally trained. Hurnek you will not stop me. Orcs attack!" Thorak's army charge The Legend. Hurnek led the group plowing through the orcs. Hurnek came face to face with Thorak, Hurnek tackle Thorak.

"I know that my commander is still in there and. if I have to beat it out I will."

"You all ways seen the good in others. I'm telling you. You are nothing to me." Thorak said shoving Hurnek off, then grabbed his axe. Hurnek tackle Thorak again.

"Thorak listen to me. I will not let anyone kill you, and I know that you are not the protector of this oblisk." Hurnek said, then knocked him out. Hurnek return to help his fellow friends in taking out the orcs. After five minutes the army was wipe out.

"I didnt need those peons anyways." Thorak said standing up.

"Thorak dont do it." Hurnek said.

"There you go again Hurnek. Trying to be a hero. Well you will die as one I suppose. To bad no one will know it." Thorak charged at Hurnek, but fell in his track. Hurnek was puzzled, then looked at the group, and seen Xenon in her meditation state.

"Xenon?" Hurnek asked confused.

"She said that she was going to enter his mind." Grimlock said.

The Mind

"Xenon, what are you doing here?" The mind ask.

"I need to get into someone's mind quickly." Xenon said.

"And how do you plan on doing that?" The mind ask.

"I'm going to try and fly out of my eyes and into the other mind." Xenon said.

"Worth a try just be careful." The mind said. Xenon travel to her eyes, seeing Thorak staggering to his feet. Xenon left the eyes floating through the air into the forehead of Thorak.

Thorak's Mind.

"Where am I?" Thorak ask.

"You are in your mind." Xenon said. Thorak's mind was just as dark as her's when she was turning into a shadow priest.

"Your name sounds familar. Who are you?" Thorak ask confuse.

"Xenon."

"Xenon. You were the hydroreptus that bought Thunder back to life right?" Thorak said.

"Thats correct. I entered your mind to help you escape the madness that you are imprisioned." Xenon said.

"How are you going to do that?" Thorak ask.

"Im going to open your eyes." Xenon said then, left to find Thorak's eyes. Xenon spent a minute looking for his eyes, finally she found it. Xenon began to try and pull his eyes open, but couldn't; then she remembered what she had to do to open her own eyes. She return to the mind.

"Thorak you want to see your old friend Hurnek before you attack him?" Xenon asked.

"Can you do that?" Thorak ask.

"I can, but first you have to open your eyes." Xenon said. Thorak began to open his eyes, then the mind began to lighten up.

"I can see." Thorak said excitedly.

"Thats correct, now look at what you was about to do." Xenon began to play back his memories of trying to attack King Boron, and his friends.

"Now when you awake you will be the same orc as you were when you first met me." Xenon said then, left Thorak's mind, and return to her mind to awake.

"Xenon." Hurnek said as she began to awake.

"Hurnek, Thoraks getting up." Isaac said.

"Don't worry about him. He's back to normal." Xenon said getting up. Thorak got up as well.

"Where am I?" Thorak ask.

"Dont worry you are safe now." Hurnek said.

"Hurnek what happen?" Thorak ask.

"Its a long story. Bismuth took control of you, and you were going to kill us and, take your small band of dead orcs here that was once living to attack our homeland. But with the help of Xenon you was able to come back to your senses." Hurnek said.

"Bismuth was behind all this huh. Then where are we." Thorak ask.

"We are in the second temple, and activated the second oblisk." Hurnek said.

"What can I do to help?" Thorak ask.

"Well you can join us in our quest of killing Bismuth." Hurnek offered.

"I shall join you."Thorak said. The Legend left the second temple, and travel to the third temple.

The Legend mounted up on Xiuhcoatl, then made their way to the third oblisk.

"There it is!" Xenon said. The third temple was much taller than the first two, but there wasnt any guards.

"Lets land by the entrence." Isaac said.

Xiuhcoatl landed by the entrence, and The Legend unmounted.

"Be on your guard, this could be another trap." Hurnek said. The Legend venture inside the third temple, just like the others the oblisk was one-hundred feet away. The Legend cautiously made their way to the oblisk.

"This one saids. Wood Elf." Xenon said.

"Looks like its my turn." Drake said. Drake reach out to touch the oblisk. The oblisk began to glow a bright yellow, then a dwarf was at the entrence of the temple. Thorak, Hurnek, Zokai, Tal'Vex, Thunder, Drake, and Shadow charge at the dwarf. The dwarf wield two mallets. The dwarf tried to hit Thorak, but Thorak was much faster. Thorak dodge the blow, and Hurnek swung his axe at the dwarf; the dwarf was knocked back. Drake and Shadow shot an arrow at the dwarf, hitting him in the chest. The dwarf let out a cry, then pick him self up, and charge at The Legend. Grimlock shot a fire ball at the dwarf; the dwarf was severly burnt. The Legend walk up to the wounded dwarf.

"Strike me now. I have nothing to live for anymore." The wounded dwarf said.

"When is Bismuth planning on attacking?" Hurnek growled.

"Ha. You think that I will betray my master that easily?" The dwarf smirked.

"Tell us now, and we might spare you." Thorak order.

"I rather die before telling anyone our plans." The dwarf said.

"Xenon do you think that you can get into his mind." Isaac ask.

"I can try." Xenon said. Xenon went back into the meditation state.

The Mind

"Hello Xenon." The mind said.

"Hello Mind, im going to try and get into this dwarves mind."

"Want my help?" The mind ask.

"If you can." Xenon said. The Mind began to teleport Xenon to the dwarves mind. Xenon entered the dwarves mind, and began to jog the memory of the dwarf.

"You will guard the Third temple." A mysterious voice said, then Xenon seen the oblisk glow yellow, as Drake touched the oblisk. Xenon left the dwarves mind and return to the physical world.

"He has no memories, except when I tried to jog his memory a mysterious voice said you will guard the Third temple, then I seen Drake touching the oblisk." Xenon said.

"You will know nothing about the great Bismuth." The dwarf said trying to stand back up. Thorak kicked the dwarf in the ribs; the dwarf collapsed on the ground.

"So what do we do?" asked Isaac.

"Lets kill him." Drake said.

"He is useless to us. Any one have any suggestions?" Isaac said.

"Lets kill him." Everyone else said. Drake stood above the dwarf, then put his dagger against the dwarves throat.

"This is your final chance to escape death. Do you know anything." Drake said.

"No." The dwarf said. Drake slit the dwarves throat and blood spewed every where.

"He was no use to us any ways." Hurnek said.

"Come on we have two more oblisk's to activate." Isaac said. Once again The Legend mounted up on Xiuhcoatl, and flew to the next temple.

The Fourth temple was similar to the third temple, but was surrounded by huge demons that were half dragon and half ogers.

"What are those creatures!" Hurnek exclaimed.

"Im not sure." Isaac said.

"They're draoge. An ancient race that Bismuth must've uncovered them." Grimlock inform.

"Can you tell us how to defeat them?" Isaac ask.

"I did quiet a bit research on this particular race. They have the same aspects as a full dragon and full oger except; they cant fly as high, and fast as other dragons, and arent as strong as full ogers. However they are far more superior than their full ancestors." Grimlock said.

"How so?" Isaac ask.

"Since they are similar to dragons, they can use that aspect to be much stronger than ogers, and use the dragons speed to move very quick. With all of this in mind; I studied how to kill them. In order to kill these beast you must break the wings, then you can move in." Grimlock said.

"How do we break the wings?" Hurnek ask

"Here's what we do. We will lead them up in the air then, Drake and Shadow you will use your bow and arrows to shoot the wings of the draoge. The draoge will either sustain enough injury and colapse or it will keep pushing and I will blast a fire ball at it hopefully dazing it long enough for it to fall to the ground. If they get in striking range of your weapons attack it. I will have Xiuhcoatl take care of the rest."

"Sounds like a plan." Isaac said. Grimlock made Xiuhcoatl swope down to the massive group of the draoge, the draoge began to take flight and, chased The Legend.

"All right just like we plan. Drake get on the right side, and shadow you get on the left. Fire when ready." Grimlock order. Xiuhcoatl flew in zig zag lines to keep from getting hit. Drake fired his first arrow hitting a wing; the draoge dipped down a bit but, kept coming. Drake let another arrow fly hitting the other wing; the draoge didnt flap another wing, and plumid to the ground.

"That's one!" Drake hallor letting another arrow fly. Shadow let his first arrow fly, but the draoge quickly blast fire incenderating the arrow. Shadow quickly let another arrow fly hitting the wing. Shadow notch another arrow and, aimed at the draoge other wing but, another draoge came out from under Xiuhcoatl startling Shadow. Hurnek cleaved the head of the draoge off.

"I got your back." Hurnek said. Shadow refocus on the first draoge and let his arrow fly causing the draoge to plumit as well. The draoge began to come in fast.

"Grimlock, we need to get further away!" Drake shouted.

"I'm working on it." Grimlock said heeling Xiuhcoatl neck to force him to go faster. Grimlock turned around and blasted several fire balls at the draoges.

"Grimlock." Hurnek said.

"What?" Grimlock ask.

"You said that you were able to teleport others." Hurnek said.

"Yeah." Grimlock replied.

"Can you teleport me and thorak to seperate draoge so then we can help." Hurnek wonder.

"Its worth a try." Grimlock said. Grimlock turned around.

"You ready?" Grimlock ask.

"Yep." Thorak and Hurnek said. Grimlock teleported Hurnek to the furthest draoge to the left then, teleported Thorak to the furthest to the right. Hurnek and Thorak almost simustanly chopped the wings off of the draoge, then was teleported to the next draoge. Hurnek and Thorak killed five of the draoge's by this tatic.

"Excellent work." Grimlock said.

"Im going to swope back down to see how many is left." Grimlock said. Xiuhcoatl swope back down to the temple.

"There's only four more." Grimlock said. Drake and Shadow got closer and let arrows rain down, as they flew past the draoge immoblizing three of them. Xiuhcoatl circled back around and blasted a stream of fire at the immoblized draoge roasting them lifeless. The healthy draoge flew in front of Xiuhcoatl. The draoge blasted fire at The Legend then, Xiuhcoatl blasted fire to defend against the oncoming fire. Drake and Shadow scrambled to fire arrows at the draoge. The draoge fell to the ground, letting out a loud cry.

"Nice work everyone. lets go and activate the oblisk." Grimlock said. The Legend entered the fourth temple. Xenon walked up to the oblisk to examine the writing.

"It saids. High elf." Xenon said.

"My turn to touch the oblisk." Grimlock said. Grimlock reach out to touch the oblisk; glowing white. The ground began to shake as, a huge beast stood at the entrence.

"What is that!?" Hurnek exclaimed.

"Its a doom dragon!" Grimlock exclaimed.

"How do we kill it?" Hurnek ask.

"No one has." Grimlock said. "The doom dragon is a dragon that is the king of all dragons." Grimlock said.

"Grimlock your going to have to teleport us by the wings. Drake and Shadow you will stay back shooting arrows at the wings. after the wings are gone Grimlock you will teleport us to Xiuhcoatl then, we can take him out that way." Isaac said.

"Worth a try. Get ready" Grimlock teleported Isaac, Hurnek, Thorak, Tal'Vex, and Thunder by the wings of the doom dragon; the doom dragon began to try to shake them off but, they drove their weapons into the wing to stay on. Drake and Shadow shot multiple arrows into the wings. The doom dragon unleashed a firery blast at Drake, Shadow, Grimlock and, Xenon. Grimlock quickly casted a fire shield around them blocking the blast. The doom dragon turned around and, flew off outside.

"Hold on guys." Isaac hollard. Grimlock teleported the others to Xiuhcoatl.

"Grimlock cant you teleport the others to us?" Xenon ask.

"I have to be able to see them." Grimlock said trying to track them. The doom dragon flew so high that caused them to pass out.

"Grimlock look!" Drake exclaimed pointing at the others falling.

"I got them." Grimlock said, and teleporting them to the back of Xiuhcoatl. Xenon began waking them up.

"Grr." Hurnek and Thorak grunted.

"This beast is annoying." Hurnek said. "Where's our weapons?" Hurnek ask looking around.

"I believe still in him." Grimlock said.

"Here he comes!" Drake said. "Wait who's that on the back?" Drake ask.

"Tal'Vex and Thunder!?" Hurnek exclaimed. The doom dragon was heading straight for the ground. Grimlock quickly teleported Tal'Vex and Thunder to them.

"Tal'Vex!" Hurnek said shaking him. Tal'Vex woked up.

"What happen?" Tal'Vex asked confused.

"You passed out, then the doom dragon was free falling when Grimlock teleported you to us."

"The doom dragon appears to also be knocked out." Grimlock said. Xiuhcoatl swoped down to the unconsiouse dragon. Hurnek and the others pulled their weapons out of the dragons wings.

"Now the question is, what caused the dragon to pass out." Grimlock said.

"Well if its just knocked out we need to kill it." Isaac said. Hurnek, Thorak, Zokai, and Tal'Vex held their weapons up then, chopped the dragons head off.

"One more temple is left. Lets get this over with. So we can finally kill Bismuth." Thorak muttered. The Legend climbbed on Xiuhcoatl and, ventured to the last temple.

The entrence of the fifth temple was clear, so The Legend landed by the entrence.

"Be on your guard. Never know what's going to be in here." Isaac said. The Legend moved cautiously into the temple.

"Anyone see anything?" Hurnek ask.

"Nothing yet." Grimlock said. Xenon moved on up to the oblisk to study the final text.

"It saids. Troll." Xenon said.

"Be my turn." Tal'Vex said reaching out to the oblisk. The oblisk begain to glow black, thats when many gnomes and dwarves came out. Hurnek, Thorak, Zokai, Tal'Vex, and Thunder charge at them. Drake and Shadow did what they do best which is firing arrows at them. Grimlock conjured a small meteor shower burning many gnomes and dwarves in the middle. Hurnek and Thorak cleaved through the gnomes and dwarves. It didnt take long for The Legend to take care of the army of gnomes and dwarves.

"Now that all of the Oblisks were activated we need to find Bismuth." Isaac said. Suddenly the ground began to shake and, the temple began to come down.

"Come on we need to leave now!" Isaac yelled. The Legend rushed out to Xiuhcoatl, Xiuhcoatl took to the skies. Behind the crumbling temples Bismuth's Fortress began to raise out of the ground.

 



© 2013 cody


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on April 10, 2013
Last Updated on April 10, 2013


Author

cody
cody

Deepwater, MO



Writing
Drake Drake

A Story by cody


The Legend The Legend

A Book by cody


Grimlock Grimlock

A Chapter by cody