Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Chloe
"

Sarah discovers she is diagnosed with an illness

"
      I stared out the car window. Trees and cars zoomed by in a blur. People walked and talked down the streets. The hospital came into view. The tall 5 story building made me wince. I hate hospitals. They are always so sad, depressing, and, well, creepy. I shivered at the thought of how many people had died there.
    My mom parked the car in the closest available lane and stopped. She looked over at me and asked, "How are you feeling?" I looked at her and thought," Awful, sick, I hate being here." 
  "Good," I lied. She smiled faintly and opened the car door. I opened my door and followed. We walked into the hospital, and the smell of death surrounded my nostrils. The scent was so bad, I teared up. I would've covered my nose, but that seemed rude. I sucked it up and walked over to the front desk with my mom. The lady behind the desk looked at us, a look of utter disgust crept across her face. "What's her issue?" I thought.
      "Hi, I'd like my daughter to see the doctor please," My mom told the lady. "It'll be about 15 minutes or so, you'll have to wait in the lounge," She pointed a finger to a seated area on the other side of the room. My mother and I walked over and took a seat in a blue cushioned couch. When I sat down, I shivered. I had sat on something that was squishy and sticky. I stood up and looked at the seat. A big glob of moist, squishy, pink bubblegum was stuck to the seat. "Ugh, disgusting," I thought. "Sarah Kemp!" the lady at the desk called. I looked over at her. That was my name. My mom and I walked over. "The doctor is ready for you." Just then, a women with jet black hair in a tight bun came through a little door that was next to the desk. "Right this way," She lead my mom and I to a room that had a little bed and a desk of medicines. "Take a seat," She said, and pointed to the little bed. I walked over and lied down, staring at the ceiling. You're probably wondering why I'm here in the first place. Well you see, my mom noticed tiny red spots showing up on my skin, bruising easily, and I started to get a flu. My mom got worried, so she took me to the hospital.
   Just then, a man in what looked like a lab coat came in through the door. He had a clean shaven head and glasses. He seemed to have a very serious look on his face. "Hi, I here you are worrying for your daughter's health?" He asked my mom. "Yes," My mom then told the doctor all the symptoms I had. He almost seemed to become pale and grim. "I wonder why," I thought.
    "May I talk to you privately?" He asked my mom. She looked at me, then him. She then nodded, stood up, and followed him out the door. After they left, I became confused. Why would the doctor want to talk to my mom in private? 
   About 5 minutes later, they came back. My mom looked as if she had been crying. Her eyes were red and puffy, and her mascara was running. The doctor sat down and looked at me. He looked even more pale and grim then before. "I have some bad news for you Sarah," He said. I sat up and looked at him. What he said next shocked me. A tear fell down my cheek.


© 2013 Chloe


Author's Note

Chloe
I hope you guys like it, I can't wait to write more. I'm going to try and write one chapter per day

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sorry for some mistakes i made in my writing

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
1 Review
Added on October 3, 2013
Last Updated on October 3, 2013
Tags: Drama, friends, story, cancer awareness


Author

Chloe
Chloe

Clovis, CA



About
I love writing short stories, poems, and I want to try to write a novel. I love mystery, horror, thriller, and dramatic stories, so those are the typical ones I stick to. Hope you enjoy them ;) !!! more..

Writing
Ghost Ghost

A Poem by Chloe


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Chloe