Chapter 1. Even The Strongest Of Illnesses Will Never Make A Friendship Weak

Chapter 1. Even The Strongest Of Illnesses Will Never Make A Friendship Weak

A Chapter by Chloe
"

Sarah has been diagnosed with cancer for 3 years, but the doctor has bad news for her........

"
       It's been 3 years since I discovered I was diagnosed with leukemia. Since then, my fever has gotten worse, and my hair has fallen out in clumps. Through it all, my best friend Amy has stayed with me through thick and thin. I spend everyday with her, just in case that day is my last. No illness will break our friendship. Ever.
    I opened the door to my bedroom and looked at the wall. My calendar hung there. I traced the days with my finger until i found May 23. Written in bright pink marker read "Doctors appointment!" 
      "Ugh," I thought, "Today is a doctors appointment." I looked at the list hung up in with pink zebra striped duct tape. 
      "List of the top 10 things I absolutely, positively hate:
      -Cancer
     -Doctors
       -Hospitals
        -Spoiled rich kids
       -Not believing in yourself"

    I smiled as I thought of the quote Amy and I came up with. "Even the strongest of illnesses will never make a friendship weak."
   Just then, my bedroom door opened. I glanced over to see my mom walk in. She smiled, and said, "It's time to go to your doctors appointment." I smiled at her, faintly, and walked out along side her. My little Pomeranian, LuLu, yapped repetitively as she followed us to the front door. As I walked out the door I looked down at her and said in a calm and gentle voice, "Don't worry LuLu, we'll be back soon." I smiled and closed the door.
    I looked to see that the spring cherry blossoms outside of my house were already in full bloom. I smiled, and took a whiff of the sweet, intoxicating air. "Lovely, aren't they?" My mom asked. I looked at her and nodded.
   She rummaged through her purse and pulled out her car keys. She pressed the button with a picture of a little lock being opened. The car beeped, and we walked towards it. Once we made it to the car, I opened the door and sat in. The smell of what seemed to be a 100 year old car filled my nostrils. The smell made me miss the sweet scent of the cherry blossoms.
   As we drove, country music blared out of the speakers like my yapping Pomeranian. I stared out the window, watching the cars go by, and the children play in the park, and the sweet couples kissing under the baby blue sky. I began to hurt deep, deep inside of me, as I thought of how I'd never have any of that. I'd never have my own car, my own children to play ball with in the park, or to have my very own true love.
   Then, the place I hated more than anywhere came into view, like a giant mountain of everything anyone ever despised. The hospital.
    I looked in disgust at the tall 5 story building that I had arrived at only 3 years ago to learn I had been diagnosed with leukemia. My mom parked the car and looked at me. "Are you ready?" She asked. I thought for a moment, then nod my head. I opened the door along with my mom, and we made our way to the front entryway. The room had never changed. The blue cushions were still on the chairs. The rude, irritating woman was still there. Even the glob of pink (it now looked brown) bubblegum was still there.
   "How may I help- Oh, it's you. You can go sit in the waiting room." I glared at her and walked over to the waiting room with my mom. I made sure not to sit in the bubblegum chair. As usual, I was called in to see the doctor 5 minutes later, and seated on the bed in the room with the medicine table, and the doctor would come in after 10 minutes. Nothing had ever changed, even after 3 years. "Hi Sarah, how are you?" The doctor said. I smiled," Good, thanks."
    "Ms. Kemp, may I speak to you privately?" I winced. The last time my mom and the doctor talked privately, I found out I was diagnosed with cancer. Whats wrong this time? 5 minutes later, my mom came back. She was as white as a sheet, and grim death itself. "Sarah," The doctor said, "You know how bad your condition is, right?" He asked. I nodded. What did all this mean? "Well, this is going to sound hard to hear, but..." He hesitated, "You don't have too much longer to live."


© 2013 Chloe


Author's Note

Chloe
I hope you guys like how the story is so far. Please leave reviews so I know what to fix. Thanks :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh my gawd dude, hurry up and finish!! I want to read the rest! Its so sad, but very interesting as well. 10 million respects dude. Amazing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 4, 2013
Last Updated on October 4, 2013
Tags: Cancer, BFF, Drama


Author

Chloe
Chloe

Clovis, CA



About
I love writing short stories, poems, and I want to try to write a novel. I love mystery, horror, thriller, and dramatic stories, so those are the typical ones I stick to. Hope you enjoy them ;) !!! more..

Writing
Ghost Ghost

A Poem by Chloe


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Chloe