Chapter 2. The Brilliant, Spectacular, Magnificent Idea

Chapter 2. The Brilliant, Spectacular, Magnificent Idea

A Chapter by Chloe
"

Amy gasped, and looked at me with an "I have a great idea" expression on her face.........

"
                I didn't know how to respond to the doctor's news. I sat speechless, my mouth gaped open in shock. "I know it's difficult to understand, but it will be okay," the doctor said. My head whipped towards him, and I glared. "How can you say it will be okay if I'm going to die?!" I shouted. The doctor seemed shocked by the sudden outburst, as he walked towards the door. "I apologize for the news, but this appointment is over," he said. "How could he say that?" I thought.
          The doctor opened the door and strolled out as if nothing were wrong. However, something was wrong. I was going to die. 
         I just stared at the gaping door, unable to think of everything that had happened in the past 5 minutes. "Wow," I thought," My life is slipping through my fingers like little bits of sand. Suddenly, my eyes began to water. I wasn't able to hold back my tears, and I began to cry. "Why does this have to happen?" I thought. "How was I going to tell Amy?" I cried even harder as I thought of all the things I would lose. My mom. My best-friend. Everyone that had ever loved me.
      My mom stared at me, gave me a hug, and we cried together. "My mom would be all alone," I thought.
        When I was 5 years old, my parents got into a car accident. My mom only broke her arm, but my dad was put into a coma. My mom and I would visit him everyday in the hospital. Sometimes we even spent the night, hoping he would be awake when we woke up. Then one day at school, I was called out of class. They told me that my dad had died that morning. I left school early, and I ran to my room to cry. Two weeks later was the funeral, and I dreaded every second of it. Everyone's eyes poured out with tears like a broken water faucet. Only one person cried more then everyone else. My mom. I didn't blame her. All she had now was me. Now she would be all alone.
         My mom and I hugged a while longer, then we left for home. We went out to a fancy restaurant, and then went to ice cream for dessert. When we got home, I went to bed, but I couldn't sleep. I couldn't stop rehearsing how to break the news to Amy. "Amy, I lover you like a sister, but I'm going to die," I thought. "No." An hour went by. Then two. Three. Finally, after four hours, I fell asleep.
      The next day, I ate breakfast, packed a lunch, got dressed, and brushed my teeth and hair. As my mom was driving me to school, she said," You don't have to go if you don't want." I looked at her. "I have to tell Amy," I said. Once we got there, I took a deep breath. I quickly walked towards Amy and I's meeting place. There she was, her golden hair shone against the sun, her hazel eyes glistened like stars, and her light blue dress flowed behind her as she jogged over to me, smiling and waving. "Hey Sarah," she said, giving me a big bear hug. I couldn't hold it in. The tears flowed out like a stream. I would miss her. "What's wrong Sarah?' She asked. I looked at her. "I have some bad news," I said. She looked at me curiously. "What is it?" She asked. I took a deep breath. Then told her everything, from the car ride to the news that I would die soon. 
          She was speechless. She just stared at me. I couldn't tell what she was thinking. Did she think I was joking? Was she about to cry? No, she just stood there emotionless. Then she fell on her knees, crying. "Why my best-friend?!" She shouted. People around us stared at her like she was crazy, but I felt her pain. I knelt down next to her, and gave her a hug. Then, we cried in each others arms. After we calmed down, we sat there, speechless. Amy gasped, and looked at me with an "I have a great idea" expression on her face. "Why don't we do your bucketlist?" She said. "Huh?" I said. "Remember, it's that list of things you want to do before you die," she said, smiling. "O- okay," I said. 


© 2013 Chloe


Author's Note

Chloe
Please leave reviews!!!!! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on November 16, 2013
Last Updated on November 16, 2013
Tags: Drama, friends, story, cancer awareness


Author

Chloe
Chloe

Clovis, CA



About
I love writing short stories, poems, and I want to try to write a novel. I love mystery, horror, thriller, and dramatic stories, so those are the typical ones I stick to. Hope you enjoy them ;) !!! more..

Writing
Ghost Ghost

A Poem by Chloe


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Chloe