Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Angad Waraich

Little changed as the years passed for Will. Three years of physical torment from the bullies at school and mental torment from his father at home, the only relief came when he’d visit the infirmary and see Ms. Fetch smile and nurse him. Will grew really fond of Ms. Fetch and found peace and comfort in her company. He rarely missed his mother and began looking forward to his trips to the infirmary, even when he wasn't hurt will would take his lunch and eat i with Ms. Fetch. Things started to look up and Will started feeling cared for and sane once again his world revolved around the squint eyed nurse he had finally found a variable to embrace and make a part of his life. But like all things in life time decided to step in and take charge and so came another storm of change. Ms. Fetch had been wed and decided to leave school to move in with her husband. Ms. Fetch bought Will a present on her last day at school, Will didn't say thank you he took the small neatly wrapped box and stuffed it into his bag. Will was so mad that he didn't even say goodbye to Ms. Fetch. He understood that she had to leave, but he was not willing to accept that he would lose another parental figure now the only shed and source of light in his otherwise dark and damp life.

 

After that life went back to being a never ending cycle of black and white, a break from the monotony came on the night before his 18th birthday. Will sat in his room lost in a trance listening to his music when suddenly there was a knock on the door. ‘Will its dad, can i come in? ‘ said Mr. Blake. ‘Yeah sure come on in’ said Will pulling out one of his earpieces. His father walks in carrying two bottles of beer as he puts them down on the table he gestures will to take one. ‘You still listen to that noise you call music?’ joked Mr Blake. ‘Dad...’said Will ‘What do you want?’. ‘Well you turn 18 in a few minutes, that’s a big deal’ said Mr. Blake. Suddenly Will’s phone buzzes and breaks the silence. Will looks down and then stares at the screen in shock, he just received a voice mail from his mom and he cant quite believe it. ‘Okay son, the reason I am here is to give you the one advice I want you to adhere to for life’ said Mr. Blake clearing his throat. Will is still in shock from having received a voice mail from his mother and not being able to wait any longer he presses play. With that Mr. Blake also starts speaking, and the words “I know i haven’t been the best parent but that should not hinder you from living your life. Life, life is not about choices but, the consequences of those choices, we all find ourselves at crossroads in life where we must choose, not for ourselves but for those who are affected by the consequences of those choices. So choose in a way so that on your death bed you may look back and die without any regrets.

Because these consequences will haunt you till you die, as the haunt me still.

Happy Birthday Son...

Love you always!” echo in his head as both his parents stop talking.

Will is left speechless as tears begin to build in his eyes. ‘Thank you’ he mumbles ‘Thank you’ rolling into a ball before tuning off the world.

 

He spends the night turning and tossing in his bed, when finally gets up and digs out the small box wrapped in green and blue and opens it. Inside he finds a pen and a note which read,

Will,

I know things seem a little down for you, but you have to realize only you hold the key to your happiness. So accept this small gift i give to you and use it to write your own destiny.

And remember ‘AMOR FATI’ ( I am the master of my own fate and destiny).

With love.

Angela.

 

Will finds himself looking back in time and reflecting upon all that he could have done only if he had accepted things and shrugged of the shell that he had built around him. Thoughts begin racing in his mind as Will gets up and opens his diary and begins to write with a gleam of life in his eyes.

 

Dear Diary

Just another day,

Maybe Tomorrow.

 

Today was different, after a long time i felt as though things might just go back normal. Today i learnt what is life. Today i finally had a feeling as if the human race has lost all meaning and purpose that we are all but slaves to the endless monotony. Its like we are all living the same day over and over on repeat.

Life


I walk out,

To see the world,

Barely alive!

I see people,

Rushing by,

Everyone’s so preoccupied,

Having forgotten to breathe and appreciate life?

Living each day like the cycle of a clock,

Eat, sleep, work, REPEAT!

Until they are withered and find it’s time to say goodbye.

 

Dying in the past,

Living in the future,

Is this truly all there is to life?

I see pain,

I see hope,

But never any joy.

 

Are we truly enslaved to money, greed and lies?

 

Can we slow down just for a night?

To lay underneath the open sky,

And put down the burden we carry in our fragile hearts and minds,

As we stare into the starry infinite.

Can we let ourselves feel?

The sun as it warms our soul,

The song by the birds that calms the raging tempest hidden beneath our mask pretentious smiles,

The rain as it washes away all the worry buried deep inside.

Can we live in today?

Can we even try?

To slow down and look at the small things in life,

So they can bring back all the love we buried,

As we walked deeper into the labyrinth of this illusion we now call life.

 

Will we ever know what it is to be alive?

Or are we doomed to be entrapped in this cobweb of lies,

Until the moment we sleep never again to rise?

 

But for me it changes today. From now on i choose to live and get back all that i lost. Today i am take charge and shrug off the shell and breakdown the walls i have built around me.

Thank you Ms. Fetch.

 

Amor Fati!

 

Will closes his diary and gets up with new found determination and knocks on his father’s door and says ‘Hey dad, you up? Can we talk?’. ‘Come in son, everything okay’ said Mr. Blake with worry in his voice.

‘Dad, Call Mom!. Its been long enough.’ having said this will walks up to his father and hugs him ‘If its not too late I think i will take that beer now’.

 

After a long due heartening conversation with his father, Will walks back to his room and rips off all the posters from his walls and says to himself ‘Dad is right, i do listen to noise, Its time i move on from the past. Its time i make room for new memories’. He then picks up the letter by Ms. Fetch and sticks it right above his bed. Will slowly drifts to sleep and after a what seems like an eternity he doesn't dream about the past.



© 2014 Angad Waraich


Author's Note

Angad Waraich
Hey guys let me know what you feel.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Angad this was a lovely piece. It inspires one to take charge of their own destiny. It also seems like a talisman of ones youth. In that it reminds us of a time when we all had to grow up some and take back control of our lives. It was a pleasure to read. I hate throwing in a but at the end, but I find that even when criticism offends me it often opens up my own perception to my own writing. So that being said give this a quick one-two edit. A few spelling and grammatical errors distract from the profoundness of your overall point. Sometimes less is more and I feel there is a few sentences you could even cut, without losing anything crucial to your message. All that being said I look forward to reading more from you!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Angad Waraich

9 Years Ago

Thank you sir.
I Will go over the piece once again. And positive criticism Is always appreciat.. read more



Reviews

TYPOS---
even when he wasn't hurt Will (not will) would take his lunch and eat it (not i) with Ms. Fetch.
Today was different, after a long time I (not i) felt as though things might just go back to (add to) normal.
Today i will (not am) take charge and shrug off the shell and breakdown the walls i have built around me.
‘Come in son, everything okay ? (add a '?')’ said Mr. Blake with worry in his voice.
I like this one also. It was so beautiful to see that you have added in this piece of yours, your own poem !! It was a tremendously good idea, I must say!
:) Keep it up, SiR!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Holy sh*t this is fantastic. The poem is my exact observations on life
I feel gratitude towards you for this

Posted 9 Years Ago


Living each day like the cycle of a clock,
Eat, sleep, work, REPEAT!
Until they are withered and find it’s time to say goodbye.

We move to the rhythm of the clock with our eyes focused on the future and our hearts tied to the past and then wonder why we go in circles … I am loving your character's personal development.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Angad Waraich

9 Years Ago

Thank you.
Angad this was a lovely piece. It inspires one to take charge of their own destiny. It also seems like a talisman of ones youth. In that it reminds us of a time when we all had to grow up some and take back control of our lives. It was a pleasure to read. I hate throwing in a but at the end, but I find that even when criticism offends me it often opens up my own perception to my own writing. So that being said give this a quick one-two edit. A few spelling and grammatical errors distract from the profoundness of your overall point. Sometimes less is more and I feel there is a few sentences you could even cut, without losing anything crucial to your message. All that being said I look forward to reading more from you!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Angad Waraich

9 Years Ago

Thank you sir.
I Will go over the piece once again. And positive criticism Is always appreciat.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

313 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 26, 2014
Last Updated on December 3, 2014


Author

Angad Waraich
Angad Waraich

Brampton, Canada



About
Hey! Passionate Writer. Besides that i would say that i love to travel, do some photography and meet as many people as i can because the best stories come from random encounters . So feel free to.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I Promise... I Promise...

A Poem by Sanjh


Moonlight... Moonlight...

A Poem by Sanjh


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Angad Waraich