Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by cupcake~plastic~101

 My army boots skid to a stop as I travel across the gravel, “need to work on that landing,” I whisper to myself. I gaze around at my old, yet new home; dark and murky, the sorrows and depression of the past crashing around us. My foot moves forward and I kick a rock on accident. “Lady of the Night, how was the prowl?” A*****e. I cut my eyes towards his direction and my glare unnerves him; he stirs his feet, uncomfortable at my presence. I strode past him as my shoulder pushes his, useless and insignificant. His figure turns around to face me, to say his thoughts, his last words, and the last sanity of his peace. “Why have you not talked to me? Why have you not…you…you don’t even come to see me. We live in the same damn community and you won’t even….never mind. It’s pointless. My words fall upon deaf ears” He turns, leaving me with his last pledge flowing through my brain. It was his mistake, his fault, not mine. The rage builds in my empty pit of a stomach; the anger swelling and coursing through my veins. I whirl around, running to face him. My hand goes across his face before my first thought; my nails digging into his cheek, scratching past his teeth. Oh no. He stares at my hand, the sword of distress, the antagonist to his power, and the crumbling of his decline. He peers at my face, searching every feature and crevice for the person he once knew. The one he once loved. I’m still here hidden amongst myself.

 The shield caress’s the sword, bleeding at its sharp edges, the sword cutting its innocence at every turn, flipping its exterior left and right, inspecting it for past damage. He holds it gently and gradually he lets my hand fall. The touch of his lips shakes me to my very core. This is what I had avoided; this is what made me quake and crack. I push my body against his waiting for this to stop, longing for it to continue. A misty fog cloud’s my mind, pulling me further into the bungle, yearning for his touch and rapture. I didn’t want this, but….it felt so amazing…my consciousness regains power and my muscles react as a second screen.

“What were you doing to me?!” I yelled, without noticing it.

“What are you talking about? I did nothing to you. This is all your choice.”

“Liar! You were using me, messing with my mind, forcing me…you…I hate… ”

“What? You hate me? Go ahead and say it”

My perception was blurry and my head spinning, pain shot through my temples like a bullet. Never stopping, I raised my hand to my head, running my fingers through my hair trying to stand. He yanks me by the arm to his torso, wrapped by his biceps; his fingers strolling through my hair in an impassionate pace.

“Don’t worry love; I was just helping to clear your head. You seem so tense, so…lost. Let me help you remember.”

“Remember?! No!” I shove his body away as his bicep cuffs the back of my neck.

“Now why would you do that? I’m only trying to help you…help you remember.”

“Remember what?”

“How much you love me!”

He tackles me to the ground, as his hand glides over my head. It’s fogging up again, the flashbacks of our ardor tearing at my memories.

“Ahhh stop it!! It hurts!!”

“It’s me, it will never hurt.”

I peer around at my home again, my eyes falling upon my cavern, if I could just run fast enough maybe I could make it. My eyes dart back to his body, looking for his only weakness. I found none, moving my body and arms silently, a heated fire burns through my brain and I can barely lift my head; the strength of my muscles regaining its power as I slide my arm across his nose. My feet react without me telling them so, the image of my cavern coming into view and I look back to see him standing there; motionless and dead on the inside. I gaze into his eyes as a red flicker flits past them. What’s happened to him? He stands gazing at me, a troubling smile creeping across his face. I turn to run to my cavern, never looking back.

“There’s a war coming. A battle is going to take place, between us and them” Hesitantly, I turn on my heel. Did I want to know? Did I care?

“What war? And who’s them?” His head c***s to one side and his smile becomes bigger, spreading to his opposite cheeks, excited my by me being so intrigued.

“You know who they are. He’s been coming for us Chris, but now the wait is over. It’s been prolonged long enough and now he’s impatient.”

“Who is he? And what does he want?”

“He wants us, were his children, his prodigies.” My thoughts flutter around his words. He? Who is…No. I look up startled by his decision.

“How could you? How could you work for him? It’s the…he’s the…devil. What’s the matter with you?”

“There’s nothing wrong with me I’m fine, matter of fact I’m great! Listen Chris, he’s so amazing! Look at all the new powers he’s given me and there’s more to come, there’s more than that.”

“You’re stupid! You idiot, he’s using you. They are nothing, but false promises and lies to draw you in to do his dirty work. That’s all he does, that’s all he is about.”

His face becomes grim and angry, that red flicker flits through his eye again.

“Don’t talk about him that way Chris. You should not refer to the Master of the Imperfect Angels that way.”

“He’s your master, not mine. God is the one you should bow too, no matter what the situation is. Your lost love…you are so lost…”

I look at him one last time before falling into the darkness of my cavern.

“You’re going to have to choose, sooner or later.”

“Choose what?”

“Your side.”

“I already have.”



© 2009 cupcake~plastic~101


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on December 16, 2009


Author

cupcake~plastic~101
cupcake~plastic~101

Houston, TX



About
My name is christina. There's not much to say. I've been told i'm crazy, funny, artistic, and etc. I love to draw, but i've just gotten into my writing too so that's fun. I love rainbows (yes, i suppo.. more..

Writing