Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by cupcake~plastic~101

A month has passed since my last encounter with the devils messenger. I’ve heard him recruiting constantly since then. Our community is deserted, the weaklings taking their place along side their maestro. Their black wings flutter amongst the skies of the human world. He was rights, there’s a war coming and the time is now. I look around my cavern as ancient marking’s mask the walls. The rims of my fingertips roll across their lines, tales of past battles, ardor liaisons, and clandestine secrets. I’ve always wondered whose cavern this once was. A hidden mistress? Battle warrior? Imperfect King? My mind wonders around the fables surrounding me, so much history. I look down at my hand, the sword. Thoughts of the war cloud my thoughts. Had I really chosen the right side? And what would I do if I hadn’t? I press my back against the wall and fall to the floor. A loud crack against the wall awakens me from my thoughts. What the hell was that? Another loud vibration comes from the entrance of my cavern. There is a boulder disguising the hole. I step forward frightened by the resonance of the vibrations. I see the boulder shake as cracks start to appear, bigger then the one’s before; pebbles fall from their where a bout’s and the boulder crumbles, rock spewing around me. He stands before me with that troublesome grin on his face, that red flicker now filling his eye. A swirling tattoo runs down his arm and those once trusting and face of my soul mate vanished within him. I utter the words, “Wha…Wha….What is it?!?” He see’s y eyes staring at his mark and looks down at his arm. A sense of pride floods his face, “Like it? You could get one, once you…you know.” I raise my shirt and gaze at the scar done by his hand. It was imprinted on my stomach, from the last day he took my hand, the last day he kissed my stomach, the last day he cared. I run a finger across the puffy scar. It swelled the day he did it, the puffy exterior had stayed. His nail had sliced through my skin, drawing more blood than normal, making a heart with his initials inside, my only memory of worthiness. I closed my eyes, blocking out the wave of sudden love for him. He had changed, he wasn’t the same person anymore, Reminiscing, I suddenly touch my scar and he walks slowly behind me, my ear acute to his footsteps. His finger traces the imprint and then flows along my back. “I still have mine’s too, you know.” as his finger fondles the scar, a burning sensation surges through my stomach, my spine tingles. I slap his hand away rubbing my mark. It stung and had turned a crimson tinge.

 “What the hell was that for?!?”

 “Just a little reminder.”

“I don’t need anymore reminders from you. I’ve chosen my side so you can leave.”

His eyes turned neon red, glowing with fury. I saw him move, but my eyes didn’t catch it in time. He was on time of me in a split second.

“You’ve already fucked up your life once; don’t make another mistake by f*****g up again.” His words were harsh and stabbed at my heart repeatedly. His eyes told the story of his new found life, drained, indifferent, and puzzled. They told the tale of recent battles and past history, experiences and doubts. His eyes held his whole world and it was all there for me to see. He saw me gawking, contemplating what to say. His body flew back leaving me no time to react to his recent statement.

“So what do you choose?”

I could help him, maybe even save him. His actions said one thing, but his eyes said something else. If I could just…..save him, everything would be alright.

“You can’t save me. I’ve chose my side.”

“You were reading my thoughts again.” I looked down, a grim expression taking over.

“Aw so cute, your always trying to save someone, love.” His palm reaches for my turned down chin, but I slap it away like a contiguous disease. The red flares in his eyes reel again, peering down at my hand. I make a run for it as my wings flare out around me. I hear his footsteps, but his words come last, “Let her go, she won’t live much longer. We’ll find you and we will win!” I keep running, jumping into the abyss.



© 2010 cupcake~plastic~101


Author's Note

cupcake~plastic~101
Tell me what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on April 25, 2010
Last Updated on April 25, 2010


Author

cupcake~plastic~101
cupcake~plastic~101

Houston, TX



About
My name is christina. There's not much to say. I've been told i'm crazy, funny, artistic, and etc. I love to draw, but i've just gotten into my writing too so that's fun. I love rainbows (yes, i suppo.. more..

Writing