Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by cupcake~plastic~101

I awoke to the night sky, a lustrous star taking its righteous place amongst the others. My arm rose, reaching for their light, a sudden spasm causing it to freeze and fall to my side. I laid there trying to figure out the limitations of my ligaments. My body was drained and the last few boosts of energy I had, came in spurts. I pulled myself to the edge of the building I was on. The human world alive below me, lights flashed and cars roared along the sidewalks.

“Damned, isn’t it?” My head turned to reveal the one I hated most, his eyes redder against the moonlight, as if it could bleed.

“They are not damned, they can fight. They will defend themselves and this world if they have to.”

“But see, lil one that’s the thing, they’re defending something that is worthless. It will crumble beneath them.”

“You have brought death upon the humans.”

“No, they brought it upon themselves. All their bickering and fighting, world peace was presented to them, yet they chose war. Well, if they want a war that is what they’re going to get.” His body crouched next to mine, his athletic calves showing through his jeans.

“Think I should drop down and introduce myself?”

Before my answer could escape my lips, he was gone, piercing the air and heading towards our past home. I had to stop him or their hell would also be mine. As I jumped to my feet, sharp pains shot through my legs. I staggered, but my wings balanced me. Peering into their word, I wondered if he was right. Was this world worth saving? It had been destroyed by war, buildings collapsed as bombs fired into standing towns. Innocent humans being killed for another’s mistake and as these wars raged on, the humans never noticed their own dismay. That the more they fought, the more generations they lost. Child birth had depleted and fewer schools were being built. College had now become the thing of the past and the army….your future brothers and sisters. I gazed around to see what exactly it is that they lived for? Abandoned penthouses, minimum wage jobs, no healthcare, and death as your future partner. Years ago global warming was the topic of concern, but here….in the year 2020 our apocalypse was upon us. As I stood there contemplating what to do next, shrill screams disrupted my thoughts and my time had run out. Landing in the idle of a crowd, I peered around at all of the strangers faces; frightened, scared, horrified. “She’s on of them!” I heard someone yell, before a rock was pelted at me. Hitting me in the eye, I put my hand to my face; blood printed my fingertips and I went blind for a second. Chaos raged around me as more people believed the words of an unknown target, steadily throwing near objects and rocks at me. My wings retreated to the safety of my spine and I backed away in terror. The humans pushed and pulled as anger swelled in my gut. He was right; saving these humans was a waste. More screams filled the air as I crouched down covering my head with my hands; my only defense. A gurgled breath floated to my ears causing me to look up. The humans quivered in his presence and retreated from his towering stanza. He held a human by the neck, ready to snap his neck. The human being begs for forgiveness, sobbing at his past mistake. His teeth dug into the weakling’s neck as a main artery is torn from his esophagus. The human’s body twitched as blood spewed from his open wound. Throwing him to the side, I watched as the humans twitched and shook before going limp. As the crowd peered at the humans’ motionless figure, he yanked me to his chest, pulling me away from the madness. In my delusional state, I had not noticed the other Imperfects landing in the city. There wings disappeared, but their bloodlust was conspicuous. Chaos raged amongst the streets and as I looked at the war steadily erupted on Earth, I wondered where did I fit in? The Imperfects were set free, willingly able to prowl and devour any human they pleased. Bones cracked, necks broke, and the wails of the innocent filled the air. I peered at the discord surrounding me; confused and dazed. What could I do? What could be done? I wasn’t special or given some surreal power. I was simply me, and ignorant teenager who gave up her soul for the man she loved; to be an Imperfect. How could I save all of these people?

“Why so serious?” A stinging breath pierces my ear. I push him away with my elbow, turning to face him; scum, retching scum. My expression must have revealed what I was thinking; that red fury flitting back into his eye.

“I know what you’re thinking…”

“No, you don’t.” he didn’t have to though; you didn’t have to be a mind reader to know what I was thinking. My face said it all.

“You’re right, I don’t; how about we fix that.” His body lunged towards mine, knocking me to the ground. My muscles still sore from the last fight, twisting my neck in the opposite direction; his fangs, tear into my neck, hitting a main artery. Blood gushes from my new found wound, as his blood intertwines with mine, a burning perception flooding throughout my body. Crumpling under the pain, I hold my head in my hands, throbbing; my head felt it was going to blow. As I glance in his direction, he has that smug flash in his eyes; cocky, arrogant, and ignorant. God, I hated him so much. The memories from his blood continue to flow into mine. Our first date, our first kiss…our….first…..my mind swims into pitch darkness. 



© 2010 cupcake~plastic~101


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on April 25, 2010
Last Updated on April 25, 2010


Author

cupcake~plastic~101
cupcake~plastic~101

Houston, TX



About
My name is christina. There's not much to say. I've been told i'm crazy, funny, artistic, and etc. I love to draw, but i've just gotten into my writing too so that's fun. I love rainbows (yes, i suppo.. more..

Writing