The Mouse Catcher

The Mouse Catcher

A Chapter by Mat Dalu

Hello once again dear reader, it's story time again aren't you excited oh I know I am! Today's story is one I heard actually fairly recently about an owl. This story is about an owl in the early days of colonial men venturing through the U. S. of A.

Enjoy. Oh and I somehow forgot to say the name of the last story, it was known as Childish God, and this story is called The Mouse Catcher.


I looked down on the duo as they headed towards the strange pile of trees, it had an odd shape like pointed mountain peak. I watched them head nearer.The short one carrying a rabbit, the large one holding a bent branch in his hand. They came closer to the wooden pile and opened a hole. It was like a cave made of wood! They then entered the wood cave disappearing.


I could still smell them along with the rabbit. Oh how it smelt good, but then I smelt something awful - fire! Not good, not good, not good at all the wood cave will burn! The entire forest will burn! I flew down and circled the wood cave but it seemed fine somehow. Why, why isn't it up in flames yet!?


I continued circling with my head trained at it when I noticed a hole in the wood cave. So I dropped down to it and landed and what I saw was amazing! The young one was crouched over the flame seemingly fine, how, how were they so calm with the fire in their wooden cave? Then I noticed the rabbit over the fire being licked by the flames, why would they do that -  burning their meal?


In my shock I didn't notice the large one coming at me full force with some kind of sharp rock! I hopped up and flew away from him screeching, I mean how could it be foolish enough to attack me, the wise one, when I was only worried for their safety.The man was yelling at me like a stupid crow. I had decided now that these things where idiots, fools! They dared to play with fire and threaten me, me the wisest one in the forest. I shall leave these fools to burn with their fire and wood cave, so I left them to their devices while I went on my way searching for my next tasty mouse, or if I am lucky I will find a rabbit.


Today's story of a pompous avian was short I know I apologize. I chose this story today because it shows a view most people would never think of, I mean the simplest things can change with just a change of perspective. That’s all I have time for today, I apologize.

I'm looking forward to next time, it's about a lover boy god, so in other words you get a mooey gooey love story oooo.


Until then, Samuel.  



© 2017 Mat Dalu


Author's Note

Mat Dalu
Sorry for the shorter chapter today. Still looking for any comments on errors.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

63 Views
Added on February 13, 2017
Last Updated on February 13, 2017


Author

Mat Dalu
Mat Dalu

About
I enjoy reading and drawing, along with playing video games. I'm only really here to boost my skills as I've never written a full piece. I hope to make some friends here and improve my skills and alon.. more..

Writing
Where to Begin Where to Begin

A Chapter by Mat Dalu


Childish God one Childish God one

A Chapter by Mat Dalu


Childish God two Childish God two

A Chapter by Mat Dalu