Drying Spells

Drying Spells

A Chapter by Linklin

The annoying tap of finger nails drumming on a windowsill echoed in Torrance Slykoutski's ears, driving her insane.
"Hero!" she screeched shooting daggers at her sister. "Would you cut it out!?"
The blonde turned and looked over at the speaker, emerald eyes hard. "No."
"Ugh! I swear you're worse than Delian at times!"
Delian Slykoutski was the missing link in the train’s compartment. Delian, Torrance and Hero are triplets, but you never would have guessed so. They all look, act and speak differently. The only similarities are the last name, the same birthday and their pureblood heritage. Most likely even their Hogwarts Houses will be different.
The reason I say that is because this school year, Torrance and Hero are transferring to Hogwarts from Beauxbatons Academy of Magic. Delian, as the only boy sibling, attended Hogwarts for the last two years.
Hero went back to tapping her long manicured nails on the window sill.
"You know, you can be so difficult at times!" Torrance said fleeing from the cubby in annoyance.
"Finally..." Hero breathed slumping down on the seat, pushing her curly blond hair from her face.
The two sisters did NOT get along. The first reason being looks. Torrance was a Rachel McAdams look-a-like, but Hero was Christina Aguilera's clone. (With the exception of her mischievous emerald green eyes.)
Torrance felt as though, SHE deserved those features no Hero. Tori, (as Hero calls her) is a w***e, to put it bluntly. Although she has no proof that Torrance isn't a virgin, she's willing to be her 13 year-old life on it.
Hero on the other hand, couldn’t care less about guys. She's never had a boyfriend and hasn't even had her first kiss yet. But what do you expect from someone their age? Tori was just ahead of the game. (And that's all it really was to her any which what.)
Surprisingly enough both sisters got along with their other piece, Delian. Just like the other two siblings, he two had a celebrity appearance, Kyle Riabko. All the girls at Hogwarts were in love with him, or so he says. Unbelievably enough, Hero found that to be true. Just as soon as they appeared on Platform 9 3/4 he was swamped by ladies.
Hero stood and turned on a light in the compartment. It was getting fairly dark, signaling that they must be nearing the castle.
I wonder where, Tori and I will be sorted? she thought draping her robes over her shoulders. We're all so different, most likely it'll be 3 separate Houses. Delian's already a Ravenclaw and on their Quidditch Team as a Keeper...
"You doing ok?" a brunet said entering and taking a seat next to Hero.
"Yea, just wondering where I'll be sorted to."
Katie Bell and Hero Slykoutski have been best friends since, well forever. Their mothers had gone to Hogwarts together and they felt as though they should keep up the tradition. Admittedly it had been hard with 2 years at Beauxbatons but everything was ok now, they were reunited again.
"I hope it's Gryffindor!" Katie was extraordinarily excited when she found out that Hero was coming to Hogwarts.
"As do I," Hero and Katie clasped hands. "Promise that no matter where I am sorted we'll let nothing break our friendship!"
"Swear on my shoes." Katie grinned.
"Swear on my shoes."
They both kissed their hands then whipped it onto their shoes. It had been a long standing tradition between the two shoe freaks. Just last week they had gone out and bought matching converse.
They giggled over their childishness when Delian opened the door with his best friend, Roger Davies. Even though he was three years older, Roger followed Delian everywhere, probably due to his girl magnetism. Or maybe it was his uber crush on Hero.
"You two done making out with each other's shoes?" he teased. "We're here."
Hero suddenly started sweating. "You'll be fine." Katie and Delian said in unison. They glared at each other. (Katie was the only girl who was immune to Delian's charisma. She's known him just about has long as she's known Hero. Which is LONG!)
"Right" she muttered shrinking off the train to find Torrance. They had to go with the first years to get sorted.
She was wrapped around a fairly good looking boy with wavy brown hair and was a head taller than her.
Hero knew this boy, or at least seen his picture and listened to Delian complain about him. Cedric Diggory was Delian's main rival over the ladies. Cedric being older, (same year as Roger) usually won.
Torrance wasn't too happy when Hero yelled at her."Eh, Tori! We've gotta go! Stop slobbering over Cedric and get going!"
Torrance's face looked like a ripe tomatoes as she pulled away from her new friend.
"Nice," Katie woots hugging Hero good-bye. "I'd run if I were you."
Hero took Katie's advice and gallivanted over to the Black Lake where a tall bushy man, Hagrid, waited.
"HERO!" Torrance rounded the corner. "YOU ARE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE!" Tori's face was turning purple from the running she recently did chasing Hero.
She might be skinny, but definitely not the athletic type. I'm sorry, Tori." Hero cried acting sincere. "I was just jealous."
Tori's face softened. Hero was jealous of her?
"I just thought Cedric was so cute and when you were with him..."
Torrance stepped onto the boat Hero was sitting in. "You were jealous of me?"
"Yea," Hero got up and the boat rocked. Tori looked at the dark water underneath them. (The boats were being magically pulled across the Lake to the castle.) "I mean, now that he's met you, you've probably told him all sorts of nasty things about me..."
"Oh, Hero!" she said reaching forward to hug her sister. "I didn't tell him anything REAL bad."
"Well that's good." Hero said brightening up. "That would mean I can still prank him and he won't know it's me!"
"WHAT?!" Torrance screamed pulling away from her embrace with Hero. "I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU LIKED HIM!"
"No, did I ever say that? Now sis, I think you need to cool down." a wicked smile played at Hero's lips.
Tori's eyes grew big."No, NO! HHHHHHHHEEEEEERRRRRRROOOOOOOOOO!"
SPLASH!
All the first years and Hagrid looked to see what the commotion was. There was Torrance treading water in the ice cold Black Lake with a scowl on her face.
"Whoops," Hero giggled, "Hope you remember that drying spell, Torrance."



© 2009 Linklin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

321 Views
Added on January 28, 2009