Threatened with a Lighter

Threatened with a Lighter

A Chapter by Linklin

When they finally made it to the castle, Tori was fuming and Hero was in a fit of giggles. Not even a drying spell cold fix the poufy hair and seaweedy smell.
Torrance's hair was frizzled and completely unmanageable. She refused to look at her sister.
"Awh, come on Torrance! It was just a harmless joke!"
"Harmless? Joke? LOOK AT MY HAIR!" Hero burst out laughing again. "See!" Tori started crying. "You're always doing stuff like this!" she screeched marching away.
Hero felt bad but not awful enough to stop laughing.
"That wasn't very nice," A husky voice came up behind her.
Hero turned to see Hagrid trying to keep a straight face. "She'll get over it," she said confidently. "All she has to do is find another boyfriend who will listen to her pity stories."
Hagrid chuckled shaking his head. He reached forward and banged on the large wooden doors. "Professor McGonagall, I've brought year first years."
The lady who answered had a very stern face. She led them up a long flight of stairs to carved oak doors. She spoke of the Houses, points and such. Tori glared at Hero when misbehavior was mentioned for loosing points.
Oh, please, Tori, do you really think they'll catch me? How insulting…
"Now Torrance and Hero Slykoutski please come with me first."
They followed McGonagall up to the doors and into the Great Hall.
FLIPP'N SWEET! It's better than Delian said! Hero thought looking at the floating candles and enchanted ceiling. The 1st years followed close behind. Professor McGonagall stopped before a stool baring an old ragity hat. What the crap is that thing?


"Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge me on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.
You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.
There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.
You might belong is Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;
You might belong is Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
If you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;
Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folk use any means
To achieve their ends.
So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!"


Hero gaped at the hat as it finished singing. THAT WAS SO COOL! Torrance rolled her eyes and clapped lightly along with the rest of the Hall.
"Now," began Professor McGonagall as she pulled out a long list of names. "We will begin the sorting with our new third year exchange students from Beauxbatons. Torrance and Hero Slykoutski the remaining of the Slykoutski Triplets. Hero Slykoutski please step forward."
Hero sat on the stool and had the hat placed on her head. EEEWWWW it stinks! You're not half bad yourself either the hat remarked inside her head. watch it! I've got a lighter in my robe pocket and I'm not afraid to use it! The hat quivered. A Slytherin eh? No Way! You put me there and I'll flame your sorry self! Definitely not a Hufflepuff! it remarked. hehe funny name... .......... the hat said nothing. After a long while of silence Hero started planning ways to prank Torrance and Cedric. hehe hehe Well I know of two people who you'll get along with ravishingly. the hat drawled.
"GRYFFINDOR!"
Hero jumped, and then realized what the smelly old cap meant. She was going to be with Katie!
She squealed taking off the Sorting Hat and running to her best friend.
"I told you!" Katie giggled pulling her onto the seat next to her. "What took so long?"
"Oh it wanted to put me in Slytherin so I threatened it with my lighter." Hero smirked.
Katie laughed along with the rest of the Gryffindors, "Brilliant."
Quickly they turned their attention back to Torrance who was looking disgusted under the Sorting Hat.
"SLYTHERIN!"
knew it Hero turned back to Katie who smiled. "Did I call it or did I call it?"
"Yes, you called it gloater. But I think the hat thought her so horrible he put her with the rest of her kind, not that she's sly or cunning. She couldn't find wit in her small brain if you squeezed it dry."
"Absolutely" Hero gave her a High-5.
"Wow, Katie you've certainly lightened up over the summer." remarked an absolutely sexy brunet.
Holy Mother of Chocolate!
Katie saw Hero's gape and smirked. "Oliver, Hero. Hero, Oliver."
"Nice to meet cha."
"Same here. Do you play Quidditch?"
Katie along with the rest of their table groaned and rolled their eyes. "Here we go again." she and a few others laughed.
"Uh, no. I'm not good with heights..."
"Oh," Oliver looked disappointed.
"Not like she'd have any time with all the trouble she gets into."
"Trouble?" an adorable red head popped his head up.
"Yea, Hero here would be a great asset to your plans.”
huh?
"Fred-"
"George." The one who spoke and his twin stuck out their hands. Hero took them timidly. EEWWWW boy germs...
"We are-"
"-the school pranksters."
"What kind-"
"-of stuff-"
"do you pull?"
Hero looked at both faces before cracking.
"What?" they asked in unison.
She tried to recover from her laughing fit but failed miserably. "You guys are so cute."
"No, you are."
"That laugh is remarkable."
Hero blushed. "Thanks..."

 



© 2009 Linklin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

248 Views
Added on January 28, 2009