What a shiner!

What a shiner!

A Chapter by Linklin

"Seems as though my plan is coming together quite nicely." Draco smirked to himself.
"What did you say Drakie?" Torrance asked draping her arms around him, "What plan?"
"Oh, just a surprise from the most beautiful girl in school." he kissed Torrance and she melted.
Unfortunately for her, she wasn't the prettiest girl in the school. She was second best and has been since the moment Hero was born.
***
Hero stopped running when she burst thru the doors and hit the bright sunshine of the inner courtyard of the castle.
What am I doing? I like Fred don't I? Why did I run? What's making me so scared? Am I afraid to love? No, that can't be it, I love Mom and Dad, Delian and Torrance! ... but they're family. Oh gosh! What am I going to do?!
Hero paced back and forth, trampling the grass down into a mini-crop circle.
"You seem a bit... troubled." a voice came from the doorway.
Isn't that Malfoy? I thought he hated me after the good fiasco... "Yea, what's it to you?"
"I just didn't want to see such a gorgeous girl in tears," he advanced toward her.
tears? Hero put her hand to her cheek and felt little droplets falling from the corner of her eyes. heh, when did that start?
His hand stretched out, and whipped away a cascading tear. "What's your name angel? Or do angels have no names?"
Hero scoffed, "Hero, Hero Slykoutski, you're dating my sister."
Draco raised an eyebrow, "Dating? Who ever said anything about that?"
"Tori did,"
"Well Tori lied," Hero shrugged, not like she hasn't done that before.
"Well, Malfoy what brings you out here?"
"Draco, please, and I thought you might need a friend."
Hero smiled, "So you're not angry over the food fight?"
His face darkened, "Katie threw it not you,"
"I was throwing things too." she defended her friend.
"Coaxing of those Weaslebees right?" he sneered.
"No! I started the whole thing! Fred and George were defending themselves!"
"Doubt it, those traitors do immature stuff like that all the time."
"Traitors? No, sir! You are the traitor if you're gonna call them out like that!"
"Hero. They associate with mudbloods! They talk to Granger!"
"What do you have against Hermione? Sure, she can be a little tense at times and spoil a perfectly good prank but she's a true pal! She keeps my secrets!"
"Don't disregard your blood, Slykoutski!" Draco growled.
"Back to last name again, Malfoy?"
Draco looked her over. His voice softened, "I'm sorry, Hero, I just loose it sometimes when someone so perfect is being dirtied by such creatures."
"CREATURES?! CREATURES?!" she slapped him hard across the face. "Those 'creatures' are my friends, Malfoy, and NO I won't call you Draco!"
"How can you call people who trash their heritage friends?"
"Trash? Disregard? You are the trash and they are the guard! They bring fresh blood to the wizarding world! Without them we would die or go insane like... like..."
"Like who, Hero?" he smirked.
"I think you know very well who I'm talking about,"
"The Dark Lord?" Hero nodded, "You find him insane? Let's think a minute shall we? Slykoutski the Dark Lord has tons of power and followers-"
"And was beaten by a child! Ducks follow each other!"
Draco went on glaring, "Or Weasleys who have too many children, a repulsively small house and not to mention dirty. A father with an over obsession with muggles!"
"NO, you're the repulsive one, Malfoy! You don't know anything about that family! They are sweet and kind to me, warm and gentle. I'm betting their house feels the same way no matter what the size!"
"And the muggle interest?"
"A healthy interest of the world around you."
Draco Malfoy clenched his teeth his face turning red. "Hero Clarise Slykoutski you will stop all this nonsense!"
"And what if I don't? You have no power over me!"
"I'll tell everyone that Fred Weasley is in love with you. Where will you turn then? He'll want an answer, and everyone will too."
"Good! Because I Love Him!" Draco's face was pale white, but the shock Hero felt was even greater,*I'm in love with him? I am? Am I?
"You are?"
yes "Yes,"
Draco exploded, "No, NO THIS WASN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO FAL IN LOVE WITH ME! ME! NOT THAT BLOOD TRAI-" Hero's fist collided with Draco's face, He fell clutching his eye, "YOU B***H!"
"DON'T YOU EVER EVER TALK BAD ABOUT ANYONE AGAIN! HEAR ME?"
He scampered off, face bleeding, and left Hero alone with her thoughts. "I can't belive I did that..."
"Neither can I,"
Hero spun to face Fred, her face flushed, "Fred!" she squeaked.
"The one and only, though my brother does try and be me. Malfoy will end up with a shiner form that!"
Hero giggled, "So when did you get here?"
"I chased after you when you left."
"oh, so I guess you heard it all..."
"Yea,"
They stood in silence for a while. Slowly Fred came over and took Hero's hand in his. She looked up into his smiling face and fell into his arms.
"I love you, Hero."
"I love you too Fred."
***
The next day, Draco not only had a black eye but also a hand mark across his cheek. Evidently Torrance found out about his "plan" with Hero.
he he, for once Tori thought right! Wow, she thought? ha ha ha!
"uh, Hero." Torrance came up behind her at Breakfast in the Great Hall. "I'm sorry for everything."
"Don't be, it wasn't your fault, it was Malfoy's doing."
Tori smiled and Hero hugged her, slipping a dung bomb into her back pocket.
I love me sister but being the girlfriend of the school prankster I have a reputation to uphold.
"Hey, I think I see Cedric eyeing you."
"Really?" Tori squealed.
"Yea, go talk to him."
"Ok,"
She made her way over to the Hufflepuff table when...
FART!
...off went the dung bomb.
"HHHHHEEEEERRRRRROOOOO!!!!!!!" Tori's screech echoed thru the halls.



© 2009 Linklin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
Added on January 28, 2009