Fortune Cookies & Mistletoe

Fortune Cookies & Mistletoe

A Chapter by Linklin

It had taken twenty-seven minutes and five teachers to suspend the food fiasco (Dumbledore refused to interfere).
"Wow, I can't believe we didn't get caught for that." Katie exclaimed flopping on the bed next to Hero.
I wonder if she realizes she still has mashed potato in her hair... "Why, I never get caught. Plus we weren't the ones who screamed out 'FOOD FIGHT!'"
Katie smiled, "Guess you're right, plus we didn't really have anything to do with the actual food fight."
Hero smirked and shook her head, blonde curls swishing. "Katie, you do realize we have mashed potato in out ha-"
She shot out of bed, "CRAP! I had forgotten about that!"
Glad that's not my bed Food remained on her pillow from where her head lay. "We should probably take a shower, plus I need to wash all the Crabbe cooties off." Hero made a face as Katie laughed. They grabbed their pj's and a towel then headed to the showers.
"So what do you think of Hogwarts?" Katie asked as the girls rinsed out their hair.
"Fun, people here are quite lively. Back at Beauxbatons all the girls are so stuck up. All wearing the same dresses and for the most part have the same accents."
"So they're all like Torrance?"
"Basically, except for the fact that Tori's French accent sux balls."
They giggled. "Totally."
"Ah, Cedreec yahr vurly heir zix hust sah zilkee!" Hero mimicked Torrance's horrible accent.
Both girls burst up laughing causing Katie to fall to the shower floor with a THUMP!
"Oh my garsh are you ok?" exclaimed Hero rushing over.
"Ha ha! Yea, just slipped a bit. I'm good."
"If you say so." Hero went to wash the shampoo out of her hair.
After removing all the food particles from themselves, their clothes and feeling clean and refreshed they made it back to their dorm. Katie and Hero shared their room with two other people.
"So you're the one who started the catastrophe?" remarked a girl with frizzy brown hair.
A smiled played at Hero's lips, "Truthfully I didn't start it. Coaxed it, yes, but start it, no."
"You sound like my brothers." Hero's final roommate, a skinny girl with fiery red hair stood up to shake her hand. "Ginny Weasley, I'm a first year, I saw what you did to your sister in the boats."
"Oh, about that. I wouldn't do that normally she was just-"
"No need to explain." she giggled, "This is Hermione. So you and my brothers really seemed to hit it off." She nudged Hero in the gut.
"Your brothers?"
"Fred and George you dumb blonde." Katie shouted.
"Oh," she blushed, "Sorry..."
"Well, Oliver seemed to take a special interest in you too," Hermione added.
"Too bad she doesn't play Quidditch." Katie and Ginny laughed.
"What?" why is it that people always laugh when Oliver and Quidditch are mentioned?
"Oliver Wood is the Gryffindor Team Captain and you could say is a 'little' obsessed if you know what I mean." she used the two finger quotes and everything.
oh... "Yea, I got it now."
***
The weeks flew by and before she knew it, Hero had been roped into playing Quidditch. One day after practice while walking back to the castle, Hero thought aloud. "I wonder what would happen if we painted a bludger gold..."
Katie laughed, "Now why would you want to do that?"
"Golden Bludger, duh, Katie. Instead of the golden snitch!" George butted in giving Hero a High-5.
this boy knows my style! but uh where's Fred?
"As much as I love hanging out with you two nerds I've got a bunch of DADA homework. Hero don't you have Divinations still to finish?"
Begrudgingly Hero followed Katie up to their dorm, changed out of their dirty practice uniforms and flopped on their bed with their books.
"Hey Katie?"
"Yea?"
"You have a class with that Cho girl right? The one who always wears those really nice sweaters?"
"Yea," Katie responded cautious, she knew Hero was up to something.
"Could you give this to her?" Hero pulled out a bottle of some sort. Katie looked skeptical. "Come one Katie!"
"I know you too well, Slykoutski, what's in it?"
I am offended! "Perfume."
"Uh, huh..."
"...and a bit of catnip..."
"HERO!"
"What?"
***
The next morning, Hero picked up a box off her bed side table and headed to Divination, she had once again overslept and already late.
"Ah, Ms. Slykoutski, how wonderful of you to join us. I had already seen you'd be late of course." Trelawney floated over to where Hero stood. "What's in the box?" she asked curiosity getting the better of her.
why don't you use you're all seeing eye and find out? "The reason why I'm late Professor," Hero opened the box to reveal-
"FORTUNE COOKIES! These delectable treats of wisdom?! 10 points to Gryffindor!"
Hero shook her head. why did Dumbledore hire her? she is such an idiot...
***
For the rest of the day people were talking about Hero Slykoutski. How pretty she is, and witty too! The only people who didn't idolize the third year Gryffie prankster were Torrance Slykoutski and Draco Malfoy.
"Oh, Draco!" Torrance cried, "Why do they all worship her? Aren't I pretty?"
"Why of course my pet," he responded, "you are more beautiful in my eyes than any girl here." Torrance brightened. Though he meant girls here. As in actually in the same room with them, which were few. But of course Tori didn't question the compliment she just accepted it. "Your sister hasn't noticed any boys yet has she, Torrance?"
"No."
"What do you think she'll do if, let's say, Fred Weasley, confesses his love to her?"
She snorted, "Probably just run away as she always does. I hate it! She gets all the guys and yet she-"
Torrance just kept rambling but Draco wasn't listening anymore. He had just thought of a fool proof plan to destroy Fred Weasley and gain Hero Slykoutski.
***
Fred Weasley watched Hero Slykoutski in awe. She was beautiful yes, but what attracted him to her was her bright smile and brilliant sense of humor. She was the only one other than George he could talk to. Plus she recently had come up with the BEST pranks. Finally Oliver had convinced her to join the Quidditch Team. Hero is the girl of his dreams...
"Hey Fred."
"Hey Hero. Uh, Hero what are your plans for Christmas?"
"Uh, I guess I'll go home with Tori and Delian for the break, why?" Fred sure is acting strange...
"Well, I, uh... That is, uh, if you were staying I was going to ask you to the Christmas Ball... That is if you were staying that is..." he blushed
uh, why is he blushing? "Sure, I'll talk to Tori and Delian and see what's going on!"
"...ok..."
"OK!"
***
It turned out that Torrance already planned on staying, (with Draco) and Delian was going to Roger's.
thanks for letting me know guys...
***
Hogwarts was all dressed up for Christmas in its Green and Red Splendor.
"Ever noticed the irony of it all?" Hero asked George while waiting for Fred.
"Irony of what?"
"Christmas colors. They're red-Gryffindor and green-Slytherin."
George chuckled. "never thought of it like that before..."
Silence followed until Hero got fed up waiting. what is taking that boy so long? he takes longer to get ready than me! Gah! boys... no girl takes this long to get ready... well with the exception of Torrance. ha ha!
Just as Hero turned away a shriek filled the air. "OH HHHHHHEEEEERRRRRROOOOOO!!!!!"
oh gawd No! she turned around to be instantly tackled by Fred.
"Miss me?"
"Fred Weasley GET OFF ME!"
"But I kinda like this position."
"GET OFF!!!"
"Not until I get a kiss." Fred puckered his lips.
"EWWWW FRED GET OFF!" Hero shouted shoving Fred off her.
"Fine then," he pulled out a mistletoe wreath and put it on his head.
are you serious?
Fred stood over Hero. "Now you HAVE to kiss me!" he smiled evilly.
"crap" *shoot*
He leaned in and planted a sweet kiss on Hero's lips. She blushed ferociously. wha?
Fred grinned, "Are you just going to stand there or are we going to dance?"
"uh.... yea...."



© 2009 Linklin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

The Shadow On My Shoulder
There is an angel who sits upon my shoulder who goes by the name of Death...

Stats

167 Views
Added on January 28, 2009