EUREKA

EUREKA

A Chapter by Devanshu Rajput
"

In which Mark completes his project,and confirms the trip to Madagascar........

"

 Calendar kept on changing dates everyday. A week passed. Frank was the only visitor to Owens’ house. He knocked the door but found it opened as usual and entered into the lab. He saw Owens standing upon some weird machine. The NMR (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance) stood upon a strong, thick base. The ladders were curling round it, like a creeper around a tree. Its upper part was fenced with grills where a large, box shape spectroscope was kept on wheels, beside Owens was working at a computer sat on the desk another on the floor by his right knee. Frank climbed up the curling ladders. He saw large warnings of ‘caution’ at the front of spectroscope. Owens was holding a NMR test tube. He poured some liquid in it. As Owens turned back, he got stunned to see Frank and the test tube almost slipped but was saved.

“Hey, take it easy!” Frank exclaimed. Owens put the test tube on desk.


“Are you a reptile?” Owens asked without losing his temper.


“Why you always crawl in silently? Last time it did cost me a test tube. Also, I had to clean up broken pieces of glass on the floor.”  Owens finished.


“What’s so great about that? And what’s inside it?” Frank asked ignoring the comments.


“Its deuterated solvent, and is expensive” Owens warned putting emphasis on word “expensive”.


“Expensive, UHH..? Gosh, this weird machine!” Frank commented, taking a close look of the test tube.Owens gasped, as he was tired Frank’s jibes.


“Don’t call it weird. It’s Nuclear Magnetic Resonance. If tube breaks, well then abort your trip to Madagascar.” Owens put the tube into spectroscope.Owens continued operating the computer. Frank gave a blank gesture to Owens, like he didn't make head or tail of it.“My constant spectroscopic study on an average egg revealed to me the nuclear and physical structure of it. Around 70% of outer membrane consists of water as constituent and yolk contains about 40% of water. The major component is protein.” 


“Literally, the idea is to collect and trace the frequencies by the objectively oscillated molecules. Every particle in universe has its own natural frequency to oscillate when are energized. Although, such micro-frequencies are not enough to be received. But, my experiment would do so. I intend to develop a gadget based on the principle of a micro-wave.”

Owens finished like a professor (he was a professor). He searched Frank around but he was not there. Bored Frank climbed down. He wandered all around seeing undesirable things which he saw regularly. Many galaxies were hanging around the modern lab. Frank was lost in the clusters of gaseous clouds. He mimicked the Orion, scorpion and Leo constellations. As an Ornithologist he hardly could differ between galaxies and birds. He considered Owens much an ornithologist than a scientist. He thought  how can a bird be named Andromeda and Milky Way.


“EUREKA!” Owens exclaimed surprising Frank in the silent cold air which gripped both gentlemen. Owens began to come down remaining Frank curious. He was so excited that he slipped down from the ladder skipping few steps but he didn't care.


“What happen, Owens?” Was the question asked by Frank to answer his curiosity. Owens came and hugged Frank.


“Frank! I have done it.” Owens spoke aloud.

 

“What? Asked Frank perplexed.


“I have completed my project, now we can find the lost egg.” Owens retorted.


“Are you going to run off clothes like Archimedes, shouting EUREKA?” Asked Frank.


“No, but maybe you after getting the price money by MZA” Owens commented in same tone as Frank.

 



© 2013 Devanshu Rajput


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great ! This reminds me of some of the great comics of the 50s. You have talent, funny, clever, a real surprise !

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Devanshu Rajput

11 Years Ago

thanks again
Good writing skills. Keep it up.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Devanshu Rajput

11 Years Ago

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
oh... interesting story.... the picture help...a fun read!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Devanshu Rajput

11 Years Ago

thanks
you just made it under the wire...i won't read stories longer than 800 words. very clever and entertaining write....i think you have a knack for this type of write. i found it both engaging and humorous. well done!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Devanshu Rajput

11 Years Ago

thanks
You are a writer. I like the strong detail and the description. I like how you made each situation important. You did some research. The story felt real and possible. No weakness in the outstanding chapter.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Devanshu Rajput

11 Years Ago

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
need some work, but amusing writ...the pics i see are helpful, but i'm very old school and find them distracting

Posted 11 Years Ago


Devanshu Rajput

11 Years Ago

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

276 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 11, 2013
Last Updated on March 12, 2013


Author

Devanshu Rajput
Devanshu Rajput

India



About
Dear visitor, The above graphic is message from the very core of my heart. This is indeed my abode. It has been a very long time that I am here on this site. To be honest, this site, in my .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


art art

A Poem by quinfinn