The wandering boy

The wandering boy

A Poem by Devanshu Rajput
"

Thanks for stopping by.

"
Previous Version
This is a previous version of The wandering boy.



That day in an Ice cream parlor

I saw a boy peeping from the little window,

A man drove him out.

He then disappeared.

 

The next day I found him nearby the road.

Gazing at the children going to school.

He wore shabby clothes,

But he again ran in despair.

 

At night, I found him lying on the pavement.

He murmured the only words:

‘’ Why they drove me out?

I want clean clothes to go to school.”

 

If you could answer his questions?

Slap on humanity!

© 2013 Devanshu Rajput




Featured Review

nice...n m touched
since you live in india too ...i know the kind of poverty that you ARE TALKING OF, AND I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU......Here the rich are filthy rich while the poor live in pavementss.....i am sharing this in fb n as much as i can..because i want a change in my country....hats off

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Honest poem that actually doesn't want us to answer the question. Basically calling out humanity for the injustice of poverty. Great work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Ah, my friend, this is so well intentioned, but misses the mark, surprising for you. The idea is excellent, the point of view to be much respected, and the observations valid and real, but you have written it as if it were several mere lines in a moot conversation, perhaps, too quickly? Halve the words, use that ability to make them evoke imagery that we know you possess, and let me read it again, yes?

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is simple and full of emotion; raw and straight-forward just like the truth of poverty. These tiny vignettes hold a large message, great poem and keep writing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


this is so sad...he just wants to be normal...have what others have...and to be deprived of that is such a sin.

emotions spring from reading this.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
I often see this on the streets in our country - a slap on humanity - a slap on poverty... i have been there... the streets of unchanging reality of what was then and now... when i left my country it was still the same... and my guess it's still the same.... our country is still struggling from it... i can't be sure if we could blame the parents or the economy because for every change starts with oneself and still many of us people try to ignore this sad fact, sad reality.... i hope everybody will wake up and realize that the world is slowly dying and our humane humanity is slowly decaying....

awesome piece my friend!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Suffering of humanity is how I can describe it as. Pain never ends and often it is poverty which everyone has to go through.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow!!! at your age you know what's going on around you!!! keep it up...just follow the path you think good for you.

Posted 10 Years Ago


The first time I saw this type of soul crushing poverty was when I was deployed to Afghanistan and it was an eye opener. I'd never seen so many destitute people with ill fitting prosthetic limbs in my life. Mine fields were everywhere in that country. I have to admit we never saw any action there (that came when we were deployed to Iraq) but 9 months in a country that had been bombed and shelled back to the 14th century wore on your mind and patience bad.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Emotional piece. Reminds me how annoying the world is because of human with monstrous and inhuman characters. Nice write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

People can be cruel, but they can also be incredibly kind. I hope this boy would meet someone like that.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 17, 2013
Last Updated on June 17, 2013

Author

Devanshu Rajput
Devanshu Rajput

India



About
Dear visitor, The above graphic is message from the very core of my heart. This is indeed my abode. It has been a very long time that I am here on this site. To be honest, this site, in my .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Echoes of You Echoes of You

A Poem by Relic