Chapter Seven: Plans and fails

Chapter Seven: Plans and fails

A Chapter by The old me

Chapter Seven: Plans and fails

Well my original plan was to lead the creatures to the church and hid out there. I was hoping the holy ground would protect me. And when the creature was talking he did confirm it. But those plans won’t work now that Amy is there. They will surely kill her if I don’t come back. I couldn’t have her blood on my hands. But it’s almost like I have to pick who lives and dies. I either stay at the church and Amy may die. Or I tell the creature where Hannah really is and hope it holds its end of the bargain. I’m deep in thought when we all are walking there. It’s only me and three of them. The other two are staying to protect their asset. As we walk down the street, old memoires of how this used to look only like a day ago. Broken windows, small fires and a turned over car. What happened to us?

The main creature or at least the one, who has mainly talked to me, looks at me. He growls something at me.

“Having second thoughts?”

“No.”

“Well I see differently. And I can smell the fear on you. What’s on your mind?”

“How do I know that you will hold up on not hurting her?”

“Well to be honest, you don’t know. It’s really either you find her or we kill you and the other girl. And we will eventually get the other girl.”

“Ok. Well if she isn’t here, I have a few other ideas.”

I need to keep my options open. Hopefully I’ll have more time to think it over when I’m in the church. We get to the church and the creature leads me to the door. I walk in. I look around a bit. I head to the back to have a few moments of freedom. Suddenly something hits my mind. I remember when the creature was talking to me, it said there was something here, it thought it was Hannah but she wasn’t here. So who or what was it?

I search around. Maybe if it’s another person, I’ll have some backup. I go to the backroom. I searched the whole place, there is nothing. Well there goes all my hope. I go back to where the altar is. I turn the corner and go to it. I go to my knees and start to pray. It’s the only thing I have left to do. I pray aloud.

“Almighty father, I need your help. I’m lost and I need your help. Please God, I need you to show me the way.”

I go to say amen but I hear something behind me. Standing there is a dark figure with its back turned to me. I hesitate to talk to it. But I do.

“Hello?”

It doesn’t move or flinch.

“HELLO!”

It turns to me. It’s a person. A tall brown hair man. Someone I have never seen before. He speaks to me.

“Hello John.”

“How.. How do you know my name?”

“I know everything I need to know, John. Sit.”

“How do you know me?”

“I said sit.”

I sit down and re ask him.

“How do you know me?”

“It doesn’t matter. I don’t have much time. I have come down here to offer you salvation.”

“Salvation?”

“Yes, you may have sinned but you tried to repent. I’m here to offer you a second chance.”

“What do I need to do?”

“Just take my hand and you will be saved.”

“Are you an angel?” Tears are running down my face. I think, thank you God.

“Yes, I am.”

I smile and wipe away the tears. “What is going to happen to Hannah?”

“She can’t be saved. I can’t get to her and she has not been chosen for salvation.”

The reality of that statement hits me. I have to pick either my love or my salvation. I’m torn.



© 2011 The old me


Author's Note

The old me
ignore grammar problems. and what should John do?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh God D:
I would never be able to make such a decision >.<
If I loved the other person enough, I'd honestly pick love over my salvation.
Some of your sentences seem choppy, which makes it seem a little rushed, but I'm ignoring the grammar like I was told to.
You've got a good story going. To the next chapterrrr :)


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Oh God D:
I would never be able to make such a decision >.<
If I loved the other person enough, I'd honestly pick love over my salvation.
Some of your sentences seem choppy, which makes it seem a little rushed, but I'm ignoring the grammar like I was told to.
You've got a good story going. To the next chapterrrr :)


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'll admit that it will need checking again once you've finished, just to improve the fluency of some of the dialogue, but I'm hooked on it. I can't wait to see what happens :) great job :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


'As we walk down the street, old memoires of how this used to look only like a day ago.'
Makes no sense.
He should pick hannah and then find a way for them both to be saved.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TJ
I think I must've missed a chapter bc I don't know who Amy is. But I think this is a pretty solid chapter, dialogue needs some work. John should accept his salvation and leave Hannah, but then the angel will say it was a test and failed.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Good chapter. Ignoring grammar ugh. Just keep the tense steady for my own sanity. John, ummmm if you want him to be a selfish character take his hand. All kinds of cool twists can happen next. Probably get a whole new story out of it. Then again I am a little sappy so I say screw it and save the girl. I know she will say thanks, dump him and hook up some wanna be skatboarder fool but that's life right?

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 25, 2011
Last Updated on May 25, 2011


Author

The old me
The old me

Los Angeles, CA



About
If you notice some of my work is gone, that is because it is. I trimed down to put only a few on the site. Message me if you want to know anything about me. I'm an open book more..

Writing