Peter- Part 1- Chapter 2

Peter- Part 1- Chapter 2

A Chapter by Angie Diane♥♥
"

Enjoy!

"

Chapter 2

          Peter watches Damien walk towards the senior wing of the school. Peter walks in the building slowly. He’s really hoping that no one has noticed him yet. He especially doesn’t want his former best friend to see him. That would ruin his mood completely. He actually feels alright for the moment. No one is actually paying any attention to him. He’s happy about that. Last year, people would laugh at him every time he walked in the room. It hurt his feelings.

          He walks farther into the building. He wants to get to his new locker as fast as he can. A few seconds later, someone shoves him hard. He falls to his knees on the ground. 

          “Ah, look boys, its little Peter,” says a gruff voice from behind him. Peter cringes a little bit. He knows exactly who shoved him. He looks up and sees Kyle standing over him. He has a whole group of friends with him. All of them are laughing at him right now. These are the boys that bullied him all last year. Kyle is the leader of the group. His group consists of Steve, Nathan, and Johnny.

Johnny and Peter had been best friends when they were younger. Johnny started hanging out with the wrong crowd. Johnny can see the hurt in Peter’s eyes. It doesn’t seem like he cares. Peter doesn’t understand how his best friend could turn on him so suddenly.

          Peter gets up quickly so they can’t do anything else to him. He runs as fast as he can into the bathroom. He locks himself in a stall. He hears the door open behind him. He really hopes only one of them followed him in. He hopes that it’s Kyle. He knows he could take him on. He knows he can’t take all of them on at once.

          “Peter, come on out,” he hears Johnny say. Peter can’t believe that they sent Johnny in after him. Peter and Johnny stopped talking two years ago. Peter still hesitates to come out. He figures that the whole group is in the bathroom.

          “No, I know you’re going to beat me up. You’ll all continue to make fun of me.  I never expected you to join them Johnny. You hated being around bullies in the past. I don’t even know who you are anymore. We were best friends, but you changed after you joined Kyle’s group. All of you bully me just because I’m different from you. I wish you would be my best friend again, Johnny,” Peter says. He feels really dejected right now. He hopes he doesn’t start crying. He doesn’t want to appear weak in front of Johnny. He hopes his words get through to his best friend. 

          Johnny doubles over in laughter. Johnny is making it seem like they were never friends. That really hurts Peter more than he lets on. Johnny punches the door to the stall that Peter is hiding behind. Peter starts shaking in spite of himself.

          “You’re right; I am going to pick on you. You have become a pansy since grade school. You used to play a whole bunch of sports. Now you’ve become a nerd. You want to do dance and chorus. That’s not a manly thing at all. You’re the one who’s changed. You’re the biggest pansy I know. You could have joined Kyle’s group if you were still playing football. Dancing and singing isn’t something a man should be doing. You’re honestly really pathetic to me,” Johnny replies while still laughing. Peter cannot believe what he’s hearing. Peter doesn’t judge others for what they want to do. Johnny used to be the same way. Johnny used to stand up for kids back in the day. Now he’s judging Peter because he wants to do something he enjoys. 

          “No, really, you’re the one who’s changed. You already know that I have always loved singing and dancing. I also played football as well because I also love sports. Now you’re treating me like crap because I’ve decided not to play sports anymore. That is completely ridiculous,” Peter says with hurt in his tone. He never expected Johnny to say anything like this to him. Peter really wanted to repair his friendship with Johnny. He knows now that will never happen. Johnny has changed way too much.

          All the boys hear the bell ring. They have to run to get to their classes. Peter looks at his schedule in the stall. He waits for a few minutes before leaving the stall. He has English class first. English is Peter’s favorite class. He is glad that he’s starting off with it.

          Peter runs to his first class as quickly as he can. He’s very happy he knows exactly where the classroom is. Peter met his English teacher last year. They had been in a club together. His teacher is a really nice lady.

          Peter still feels the pain from Johnny’s hurtful words to him. Is it really that bad to be different from everyone else? Every person in the world is different. Most of the boys in his school are actually jocks. Peter didn’t feel like he fit in with the nerds either. He really wasn’t as much of a nerd as the jocks thought he was. Johnny, Kyle, Steve, and Nathan are all on the football team.

          On his way to lunch, Peter feels another hard shove and falls to his knees again. It’s Kyle and his gang again. He hears other kids laughing at him. Peter feels his face get hot from embarrassment. Peter picks himself off the floor. Peter sees Damien walking into the lunchroom. Peter knows that his brother saw what happened to him. Damien seemed to have ignored it. Damien never does anything to help his younger brother out. His brother completely ignores him while they are in school. His brother is also on the football team.

          “Hey fatty, move out of the way, you’re blocking the door,” Peter hears from behind him. The kid somewhat pushes him out of the way. He sighs and moves away from the door. Peter has a little bit of meat on his bones, but he isn’t fat. He actually has a good build for his age. Peter starts to feel self-conscious about his weight. Is he really fat? That’s what is running through the back of his mind now. 

          Peter hurries into the lunchroom. He sits at a table by himself. He decides he doesn’t want to eat anything at all. Peter starts feeling tears run down his cheeks. He wipes the tears away quickly. He doesn’t want anyone to see him crying. The bullying is starting to affect him more than last year. His brother looks over at him. He sees that Peter is crying and shoots him a look. Peter hides his face in his arms. He can’t bring himself to go talk to his brother. Why would he bother talking to him? He knows that Damien isn’t going to do anything about the situation.



© 2021 Angie Diane♥♥


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

What jerks. Especially that Johnny guy. :(
Can't wait to see what happens next ^^ this chapter was pretty good.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


I understand this very well. I'm a senior in high school and my brother is a sophomore and it really feels like we are on a different planet. I understand this chapter a lot. Great job.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like the split between the junior and senior high. I felt as if Peter might as well be on another planet. The group of boys multiplied the alienation. The way you ration out the details to build the character are a nice touch.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Angie Diane♥♥

11 Years Ago

Thank you very much :D
I would beat all their asses and say come at me bro so I can make ur a*s feel like s**t

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Angie Diane♥♥

11 Years Ago

haha.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

252 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 23, 2013
Last Updated on September 9, 2021


Author

Angie Diane♥♥
Angie Diane♥♥

Not like you need to know..., NJ



About
Name: Angie Diane Age: 22 Birthday: You can guess. -.- I don't feel like telling anyone... Add me on facebook if you want... https://www.facebook.com/BlackedHearted Also just let me know that.. more..

Writing