Peter- Part 1- Chapter 9

Peter- Part 1- Chapter 9

A Chapter by Angie Diane♥♥
"

I changed this chapter around completely. I hope you like the direction I took with it. I feel like this book is actually going to be a novella, but we will find out as I continue to write the book.

"

Chapter 9

          “Hey, Damien, I’m not feeling very well right now,” Peter tells him. His head is hurting pretty badly. He doesn’t know if one of the boys kicked him in the head or not. His vision is starting to get blurry too. He feels like he’s going to lose consciousness again. His whole body is in a lot of pain in general.

          “Peter, what are your symptoms right now,” Damien asks him. Damien’s had a concussion before. He’s really hoping he catches whoever did this to his brother. He’s trying to keep his temper in check for Peter. Damien is furious right now.

          “My head hurts the most, Damien,” Peter says.

          “Alright, little brother, I’m going to take you to the hospital, alright,” Damien says as calmly as he possibly can. He doesn’t want to scare Peter. He gets Peter dressed quickly. “Hey Kyle, do you think you can watch my younger siblings for me? I really need to take Peter to the hospital. He’s in pretty bad shape. I’m really worried about him.”

          “Sure, no problem,” Kyle says with concern in his tone.

          Damien gets Peter in the car and buckles him up. He tries to keep Peter conscious the whole car ride. He keeps telling Peter that he’ll be alright. Peter moans in pain. Peter’s sides are also hurting a lot. He feels his ribs are cracked from all the kicks.

          Damien gets Peter to the hospital safely. Once Peter is taken in to see the doctor, Damien calls his Mom. He needs to let her know what’s going on. “Hey Mom, Peter is in the hospital. He’s with the doctor right now. He’s been beaten up pretty badly. From his symptoms, I think Peter may have a mild concussion.”

          “What? We’ll be home as soon as we can,” His mother screams into the phone. Damien is upset with himself. He wasn’t home to protect his brother. Damien is now starting to suspect that Kyle and his gang are involved in this incident. He’s seen them start fights with Peter fairly recently. He’s going to have a talk with them soon. Hopefully, he can get them to lay off his little brother.

          “Alright, Mom,” Damien says quietly. “I’m sorry. I should have been home to protect him. I was getting pizza when this happened.”

          “It’s not your fault, sweetie,” his mother says. “I’m going to let your father know about the situation. We will be to the hospital as soon as we can.”

          “Yes, Mom,” Damien says. They hang up. Damien rests his head in his hands. He’s really hoping that his parents show up at the hospital soon. Tears are running down his cheeks. He still feels awful for not being able to protect his younger brother.

~

          A few hours later Peter comes to in a hospital bed. He’s wondering what’s going on. He then remembers he was beat up by Johnny and the gang. His head is hurting a lot still.

          “Can we see him,” Peter hears his mother’s voice.

          “Yes, of course, I’ll be in to talk to you all shortly,” he hears another male voice.

          His mother and father walk into the room. His mother walks towards him and plants a kiss on his forehead. Peter notices she looks very tired.  

          “Hi, honey, how are you feeling,” his mother asks him.

          “I’m okay, Mom,” he says softly. He feels guilty. He knows that his mother still needs to be with her father. “I’m sorry, Mom.”

          “You didn’t do anything wrong, baby,” she says and holds his hands in hers. She rubs her fingers over his. “I’m so sorry you got hurt, baby. I promise we will get the people who did this to you.”

          Peter nods lightly. He doesn’t know if his parent’s will believe him. They think he and Johnny are still best friends. Kyle and the gang are also very polite when they come over his house. They tend not to make fun of him at all when they are around. Peter tries to focus his thoughts on something else.  He asks his mother, “How is Grandpa doing?”

          “Grandpa is doing better than before. We shall be going back to visiting him again. We want to make sure you’re alright first, baby. You are just as important to us as your grandpa is,” his mother says.

          The doctor walks in a couple of minutes later. He has a concerned expression on his face. “How are you feeling, Peter?”

          “My head hurts a little bit, at the moment,” Peter says.

          “We do have some results. Peter does have a mild concussion. We will be keeping him overnight to observe him. Make sure that everything is alright. Peter also has a cracked rib.”

          His mother gasps a little. Peter notices tears are in her eyes. She squeezes his hand tighter.  She whispers, “Oh, sweetie, you’ll be okay.”

          Peter nods a little bit at his mother. He really hopes that things will start to get better for him. He doesn’t know how much more he can take of this.

          “I’m a little tired,” Peter says to both is mom and the doctor.

          “We will leave you alone to rest. The nurse will be in to check on you in a few hours. If you have any other questions you can give me a call. By the way, my name is Dr. Rob,” the doctor responds.

          “Thank you, doctor,” his mother responds. She squeezes Peter’s hand again. “I’ll be back in the morning to check on you, sweetheart.”

          Peter nods. He lies back against the covers. He rests until the nurse comes back into check on him.



© 2021 Angie Diane♥♥


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love Sleeping With Sirens too.
This was a good one, that was pretty creepy how he saw Johnny out the window.
Can't wait to see what happens next!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
1 Review
Added on February 13, 2013
Last Updated on September 9, 2021


Author

Angie Diane♥♥
Angie Diane♥♥

Not like you need to know..., NJ



About
Name: Angie Diane Age: 22 Birthday: You can guess. -.- I don't feel like telling anyone... Add me on facebook if you want... https://www.facebook.com/BlackedHearted Also just let me know that.. more..

Writing