Peter- Part 1- Chapter 7

Peter- Part 1- Chapter 7

A Chapter by Angie Diane♥♥
"

Enjoy!

"

Chapter 7

          Peter is sitting in his room, he has headphones in, and he’s in his own little world. He’s dreaming of what it would be like to be in Hollywood.  He’s also dreaming of becoming a professional singer. His genre of choice would be rock. Peter really likes bands like “Pierce the Veil” and “Sleeping with Sirens”. Peter can really relate to a lot of the songs both bands produce. He also likes the beat of the songs. He wants to try to find more bands similar to them. He doesn’t always have time to do so because of schoolwork.

          He hears a knock on the door. His mother opens the door. She has some of his laundry in her arms. Peter gets up, folds some of his clothes, and neatly puts them into his dresser. He keeps his room pretty neat so his mother doesn’t yell at him. She is always annoyed when his room is a mess. Peter usually doesn’t care. Peter feels someone poke his back. He jumps a little bit. He turns around to see his mother gesturing to take his headphones out. He takes them out.

          “Peter, I need to talk to you for a minute,” his mother says. She has a really sad smile on her. His mother hardly is ever down about anything. She’s always a ray of sunshine. Peter is worried about what she has to say. 

          “Okay,” Peter says quietly.

          “Your grandfather isn’t doing very well. Your father and I are going to go visit him. Damien is busy with football. I was wondering if you could watch over Marc and Casey for us,” his mother says. Peter looks down at his bed for a second. He was hoping that his mother noticed how much he’s changed over the last year. His mother seems to be oblivious to it. Peter doesn’t think either of his parents has noticed. Everyone in the house gets some sort of recognition whether it is Damien for his football, Marc for basketball, or Cassie for her art. Peter never feels like he gets recognized for anything remarkable. It’s as if his life is less significant than his siblings.

          “Okay, mom, I will take care of them for you. How long do you think you are going to be away?” Peter asks. Peter is happy that winter break has started today. He doesn’t have to deal with his classmates for a full two weeks or so. 

          “We don’t know how long we’ll be gone yet, sweetheart. It may only be for a few days. Watch them carefully, please. Make sure Marc doesn’t eat too much. Make sure Cassie gets to bed by nine o’clock. Peter, if you need anything Damien will take you to the store. I will be giving you money for whatever you need. Use the money wisely, but we do have a lot of food in the house already.  Damien will have time to do that when he gets back from football practice. I have to go pack because I feel we will be there for a few days,” his mother says. She kisses him on the cheek and leaves his room.

Peter sighs really deeply and puts his headphones back in his ears. This is going to be a really long weekend. Cassie is going to be easy to handle. She’s always really good for him. Sometimes Marc isn’t easy to deal with. He has a pretty bad temper sometimes when he doesn’t get his way.

          Peter slowly goes back to thinking what his life would be like if he was a star. He wonder how his classmates would react if he became a star. He wonders if they would apologize for tormenting him. Would they try to pretend Peter has always been their friend?

          Eventually Peter turns off the music and tries to drift off to sleep. He’s been very tired lately. He hears another knock on his door a couple of minutes later. His mother is at his door again. She comes in to hug Peter. He goes over to the window to watch them pull away. His father waves to him and Peter waves back. He doesn’t want to be responsible for Marc and Cassie. Peter has so many unwanted thoughts racing through his mind. He really wishes the dark thoughts would go away. He knows that his mind will never shut up. Peter lies down in his bed and finally drifts off to sleep for a little bit.

~

          “Hey freak, do you want to dance with me? Oh, well, too bad I already love someone and it isn’t you.”

            “Oh look at him run, Johnny. He will never be able to get away from us. He will always be in the shadows. He’ll always try to find acceptance from others. He will never get it,” he hears Kyle’s voice in his head.

            “You really have become a pansy,” he hears in his head as well.

~

            Peter wakes up a few hours later. Tears are in his eyes. He hates dreaming of his bullies. He rubs his eyes a little. It’s dark outside now. It hadn’t even turned five o’clock yet. Cassie runs into his room and jumps into his arms. Peter smiles down at his little sister. She buries her head in his shoulder.

          “Peter, I haven’t seen you all day,” Cassie says. Peter has been sleeping through most of day. That is very unusual for him. He’s starting to distance himself from his family. Peter can tell that Cassie knows that. He can also tell how worried his little sister is about him. He feels really bad for doing that to her. He hasn’t really spoken to her much over the last few days. He knows she’s upset about it. He’s going to play with her to make up for it. Cassie starts looking up at him a little sadly.

          “What you do you want for dinner, Cassie,” Peter asks her quietly. Cassie starts thinking about what she wants. She has a cute expression on her face. Peter laughs a little and kisses her head. She is not all that picky when it comes to dinner. Marc on the other hand is a little picky. Hopefully, Marc doesn’t make too much of a fuss.

          “Can we have pizza or something?” Cassie asks. Peter stands up, picks Cassie up, and walks into Marc’s room. Marc is playing video games. Marc hears his door open. He hits the pause button on his game. He’s playing some sort of racing game. Peter doesn’t have any idea what it is.

          “Marc, do you want some pizza for dinner tonight?” Peter asks. Marc nods and goes back to playing his video game. Peter sighs a little bit and puts Cassie down. He orders the pizza.

          “Hey Damien, I ordered some pizza for us. Do you think you can go pick it up for us,” Peter asks.

          “Sure, buddy, I’ll see you when I get home. I’m having some friends over tonight,” Damien says. Peter feels his body tense up. He’s wondering who Damien is bringing. Peter guesses that it’s going to be Kyle, Steven, Nathan and Johnny. Damien is pretty close to them. Damien is a senior and they are sophomores. Damien also has senior boys he’s friends with too. Peter is really hoping that it’s one of them. The seniors tend to ignore Peter. Peter starts feeling a little light headed.



© 2021 Angie Diane♥♥


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

o.o I wonder who he's bringing over..
This is getting more interesting. Good job. ^^

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oh wow. This is getting very interesting. I wonder who those friends are that are coming. Keep it up.

Posted 11 Years Ago


 Tasha

11 Years Ago

:5
Angie Diane♥♥

11 Years Ago

I just finished chapter 8.
 Tasha

11 Years Ago

I know. I read.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 6, 2013
Last Updated on September 9, 2021


Author

Angie Diane♥♥
Angie Diane♥♥

Not like you need to know..., NJ



About
Name: Angie Diane Age: 22 Birthday: You can guess. -.- I don't feel like telling anyone... Add me on facebook if you want... https://www.facebook.com/BlackedHearted Also just let me know that.. more..

Writing