magic awakened

magic awakened

A Chapter by marna

chapter 2


It was night Caly was sitting in her room thinking. "CALY" Talia yelled. Caly jumped, Talia had scared her "What?" Caly said annoyed "wasn’t Jack supposed to come?" Caly sat up strait. She thought back to that morning. "Well maybe his team needed him" just then there was a knock at the door, Caly jumped again. She went to the door. Opening it she noticed it was Jack. "Wow, he’s good" Talia commented "I am so gone" she left the room. Caly let him in. "What did you want to talk about?" she couldn’t look at him. She started to blush, deeply. Jack smiled and sat on a chair in the room. "I came to talk about what happened this morning." she looked up, then away. He put a hand in a pocket and took out the coal Talia had thrown. “The guards near your window saw this fly out it. So want to try a different story then a rock came in?" Caly tried to breathe easy, but couldn’t. Talia did it, she wanted to say but couldn’t.“I got mad, I guess" she told him, without looking at him. He got up and walked over to her seat haft way across the room. She didn’t look up. He bent over "you lie very badly." she gasped, and straightened. "If I told you the truth you wouldn’t believe me." she told him. He stood up "try me" he told her. “Do you remember Talia?” he nodded. "Well... she threw the coal out the window after getting..." she got cut of "I know you miss her but you can’t blame something on her just because she dead.” he started to raise his voice. Caly got up and pushed him out of the way. She went to her dresser that had a tiny box on it. Opening the box she grabbed a little vial, which had a blue green color liquid in it. "If you do not believe me, drink this." she told him, holding it so he could see it. "Though it would do no good now since she is not in here now" he walked over to her "What is this?" he asked. She twirled the little vial in her fingers "it is a position to let you see the ghost it belongs to" he slowly took it "if what you say is true, where is Talia?" Caly looked up “I don’t know she left when you came" while she spoke, he had opened the vial. She looked at him in surprise. He put the vial to his lips, and swallowed what came out. After a minute the room began to sway, and he fell, unconscious.

"Caly, what did you do to the poor boy?" a familiar voice said. “I did nothing" that was Caly. Something was slapping Jacks cheek. Opening his eyes slowly he saw Caly and a person beside her. He gasp, the person was his old friend, Talia, who had died. He stared, sitting, not believing what he saw. He looked at Caly "I told you I wasn’t lying" she said, her head turned, hands on hips. Talia put a hand on Jacks head "hey can you see me ok or do I have to hit you again?” she teased, smiling. "But... you... what’s going on?" he could barley talk. "Ok listen carefully" Talia started "I am dead, this is my spirit, you still following me here?" he nodded "ok, good. Each spirit gets one of those vials. Once the vial is dropped and the person, who finds it, drinks it, you can see the ghost that held it. Ok?" she smiled again. He nodded. "Ok, both of you on the bed I needed to talk to you" Talia told Caly and Jack. They sat on the bed. Caly started to blush because she sat so close to Jack. "Ok, listen, Jack first, I was going to tell you this before this" she gestured at herself. "Jack, Caly is in love with you" she told him. Caly gasped and grabbed a pillow and threw it at Talia "hey I wasnt done" she said ducking. "Listen, Caly" Caly kept throwing pillow after pillow, until Jack grabbed one of her wrists; she had started crying at some point. “Thank you. Now Caly listen, Jack is also in love with you" she said with a smile. "Can I borrow a pillow?" he asked Caly, she nodded. He threw the pillow and missed "you two can’t hit me I’m a ..." she got cut of when both of them threw a pillow at her. Caly was still crying. With his thump he wiped a tear off her cheek. Caly was blushing deeply now, same with Jack. He smiled and kissed Caly, Caly gasped. She did not know what to do. "See how easy that was" Talia said. Jack pulled away. He glared at Talia "shut up" he told her. Caly put one hand on his cheek and pulled him back. Slowly Jack wrapped his arms around Caly. Caly put her arms around him. There was a knock at the door. "Sister are you there?" that was Carder at the door. The two jumped apart. Caly went to the door. Carder stood there "yes what is it" she said with a smiled. The door was closed just enough so Jack could hide. "I don’t remember, why I came here" he looked at Caly, he was confused. Caly put a hand on his head "ok, well good night Carder" he smiled "night".

Talia had left Caly and Jack. Talia was bored. She snuck the vial away to go find fun. Carder was getting ready for bed. Talia saw his evening tea on his side table beside his bed. She put a drop from the vial, into his tea. Carder got into bed and took one sip of his tea. Then he fell over unconscious. Talia pushed his shoulder "Carder, Carder" a voice kept calling. Opening his eyes he saw Talia. He gasped. Then he screamed.

Caly heard foot steps outside her door, running pasted. She sat up she had fallen asleep in Jacks arms at some point. She shook him. He opened his eyes "What?" he said sleepily. Caly said "some things going on. Come with me" They went into her closet. At the back she pulled a string. A door opened in front of them. They went through it. They stopped in front of another door "Stay here, until I say, ok?" she told him. She went to grab the string to open this door when Jack grabbed her and kissed her, caly returned the kiss. She was blushing "I’ll take that as a yes." They kissed one last time. Caly went threw the door a maid was running by, Caly grabbed her "What is going on?" she asked. The maid looked at her "it is your brother he is not breathing" she told Caly. Caly dropped her hand. Her brother? The maid ran on. Caly opened the door "come on we have to go" Caly and Jack ran. They were right outside Carders door. "Get a healer now" that was her father. A maid ran out of the room, Caly grabbed her arm "no need to get a healer" she walked into the room. She forced her self pasted every one. She moved who ever sat beside Carder. Caly’s right hand started glowing blue. She put her hand on Carders throat. She could feel the muscles in his throat were constricted. She forced him to start breathing at the rate she was breathing. It was difficult; some times he would not breathe so she stopped breathing. She finally stabilized him. Taking her hand from his throat, she realized he was breathing with out a struggle. She stood up and bent her fingers, they were numb. Turning she saw she had gathered a crowd. She looked at most then looked away. No one else knew she had magic but her. Caly’s mother came forward. She wrapped her arms around Caly, Caly did the same "thank you, Caly" she said. Letting go of Caly she went to her son. Caly walked on, only to have her father step into her way. Caly looked up. He stepped aside. She left, walking pasted whispers and murmurs of what people were saying. She walked not noticing Jack had followed her. She turned a corner; Jack grabbed her and pulled her into a tight hug. She buried her face in his shirt. He walked her back to her room. They said good night and Caly got dressed for bed. Climbing into her bed she stared at the ceiling for a long while. She fell asleep.

There was a knock at Caly’s door. She got up and went to the door. Carder stood there. "Sister, I have had a bad dream" she saw tears run down his face. Caly let him in. he fell asleep after a while. Caly had noticed that the sun was starting to rise. She sighed. Its morning, she thought. I have spent most of the night up. She sat on her window seat listening to the birds. Carder got up; he walked over to be she sat. "Talia’s spirit is alive, isn’t it?" Caly turn her head to look at him. “yes, you’re right" she told him. He stared at her "why did you not tell people you could heal?" he asked. She smiled "well, I’ll ask you. Does our mother or father have magic? Yes there’s magic in fathers’ family but he has no magic. How many rumors would spread, saying I am not the daughter of the great king Andrew?" she sighed. Carder walked closer. He had started to cry. Caly saw him and got down from the window seat. She kneeled in front of Carder, she gathered him in a hug. Then kissed his forehead. There was a knock at the door. Caly went to the door while Carder hid beside her bed. She opened the door. It was Jack, she let him in. Without a thought he put an arm around caly’s waist and pulled her to him. He kissed her. “Ew" a voice said from near the bed. The two jumped apart. It was Carder; he was peeking over the bed toward them. Jack slightly blushed. Caly kneeled "come here" she told him. He came, she smiled "Carder?" she said, he nodded. "Can you keep this a secret" he looked at her. "Why would I tell any one something like this?" he asked, Caly just smiled again. "Carder you should go back to your room before some one sees you’re gone" she told him, he nodded and went out the door. Caly stood up only to have Jack pull her again, where he kissed her, this time longer. When it ended Caly put her head against his chest. "Are you ok?" he asked, lifting her head with two fingers under her chin. "Yes, i'm just tired, that’s all" she told him. He looked at her "ok, well get some sleep." he kissed her again, and left. Going to her bed she climbed in and fell asleep.



© 2010 marna


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on August 11, 2010
Last Updated on August 11, 2010


Author

marna
marna

Surrey, Canada



About
ummm...im me i guess idk =3 more..

Writing
diary diary

A Story by marna


me or you me or you

A Poem by marna


the new life the new life

A Book by marna