the market

the market

A Chapter by marna

chapter 5


Caly saw the water nymph at the bottom of a drop off cliff under the water. She tried to get free. Come play with us, it was the voice again. Caly struggled. The water tightened. Air escaped her lungs.

Jack stood still watching the water. "Go in after her" Talia said. He looked away from the water. She stood behind him, hands on hips, glaring. He nodded, taking his boots off, he jump in the water. Every one above was screaming at him to come back. He didn’t listen. He saw the drop off and went down.

Caly was suspended in the water. She wanted to breath but couldn’t. She was losing consciousness. Some one grabbed her and pulled. They were rising fast. Where are you going, the voice said. At the surfaced, Caly gasped, she held on to the person who saved her. Opening her eyes she saw it was Jack. She held on tighter. “Thank you" she said to him. He smiled. “No problem" he replied. 
The men on the shore were yelling at them to get out of the water. Caly wrapped her arms around him. They swam back to shore, there they were greeted with praise and worried people. The two sat on the ground. The vice captain came through. "We must take both of you home” he told them. Caly grabbed Jacks hand. "I’m not going back there." she told them. She got up. 
The water nymph was standing on the water. "Malia has told us of the journey you must take" it said in its high voice. Water ropes came out of the water. They wrapped around the men of the guard squad. Caly bowed to it. She grabbed Jacks hand again. They went to the horses and left. 
We are sorry for what we've done, the voice said. Caly smiled. Suddenly she fell asleep.

Malia was hanging upside down on a tree branch. "Maybe I should have told you." Caly looked at her "Tell me what?" 
"You’re a water and healer mage." That really didn’t surprise caly. She nodded with a smile. "Yeah you told me that all ready." she said. "Oh" Malia smiled. "Well you probably won’t be able to us that power till you see Shindoa"

She woke up. They had not gotten far. She sighed. "What’s wrong?" Jack asked. "Nothing" she told him. 
They road on in silence. They found a new camp place. Caly set up the tent while Jack set up the fire and counted the meals they could get from the food they had. "We missed lunch, it’s almost dinner. Want to try the spell again?" Jack was talking to Caly. She looked up, “sure, why not?" he got up and walked over to where she was. She stood. He put his hands on her shoulders. The same light from before shone again. This time Caly’s hair turned a dirty blond. Jacks hair did the same. Caly’s hair was down to her waist, Jacks hair was at his shoulders. The light died completely, Jack smiled. Caly saw her hair and gasped "Y"So what’s our story?" Caly asked. He started to think "we could be travelers from a different country" he said. 
Caly nodded. They road on, talking only a little. When they got to the city the guards had all ready come into this town. She walked right by the vice captain. As kids they had learned different languages. Jack and Caly talked in the one language he could remember, he was slow though. Caly got some vegetables. Jack looked at the items traders had brought from over seas. He found nice item he liked but Caly said "no" when he asked. She was done, Jack came back he was about to ask, but then a guard came over on his horse. He held some paper, " hey, you two " they looked at him. He unfolded the paper “have either of you seen these people.” Caly saw it was them. She started talking in the other language. "What should we tell him?" she asked. "I don’t know" was his reply. Caly took a breath. She gave herself a strong accent. "No sir, we have not, we will keep an eye out if you want us to?" she slightly bowed. The man smiled. "You are very wise" he told her "if you see them then tell one of the guards, got it?" Caly looked up and nodded. The man left. Caly sighed again. They went back to their horses. 
There was a little boy going threw their stuff. She walked up to him, and grabbed the back of his shirt. "Hey let me go!" he yelled. Caly did as he'd said, letting go of his shirt he fell right on his butt. The boy looked up into Caly’s eyes. "Why were you going threw our stuff?" she asked the little boy backed up. "I needed food" he snapped. Caly grabbed a few carrots "then take these it’s healthy for you" The boy stared then took them and ran. She watched him go. With a sigh she filled her saddle bags. "Are you ok?" Jack whispered in her ear. "Yes, I’m just tired from the river incidents." she told him. She got on her horse, Jack on his again. "So, what were you going to ask for the last time" she asked as they left, he smiled "oh, it was nothing" he told her. She nodded. They road on in silence. ou did that on purpose" 
He stood there smiling, "What if I did?" Caly glared at him. He walked back to the fire, and put it out. “Shall we leave?" he asked. Caly nodded. “I get my horse this time" Jack sighed, and then nodded. She got on her horse, Jack got on his. They left.

They got back to the camp. After having dinner they sat and talked. Caly started nodding off to sleep. Jack told her to go to bed; she got up and went to the tent. Her bed was laid out. She curled up in the blanket, falling asleep easily.

Jack and Talia were talking. With a large yawn from Talia, Jack put out the fire. He put his head in caly's tent. She was curled in a ball with out blankets. He sighed and put the blanket on her. She grabbed his hand, he stopped. She sat up "What are you doing?" she asked. “I was just checking on you, and your blankets were off" he told her. With a strong blush she asked "where are you going now" he put a hand on her head and whispered in her ear. "To my bed" she shook her head. "What, you want me in here?" he asked. She nodded, he smiled. He lied down, he grabbed her. She was pulled down into his arms, she did not mind. They fell asleep.

Caly opened her eyes. It was morning. She stretched. She could smell the fire. Jack must have lit it. She poked her head out the flap. It was not Jack but a man in his early 20’s. She gasped and pulled back into the tent. Who was this man? She thought of something worse, where was Jack? She got out of the tent. She walked up behind the man. Talia sat across from him. "He just sat down like 6 minutes ago." she told Caly. The man stood, Caly talk a few steps back. 
The sound of hooves sounded in the distance. Caly looked at their horses, they were both there. A horse came threw the bush. It stopped in front of Caly. The man on the horse glared at her, “I will get paid well" he said. The man from the fire turned and saw Caly. The man on the horse grabbed her. She screamed, the man on the ground ran after them only to be caught by a second horse man. He yelled. Talia yelled at Caly, "should I get him" Caly was put over the horse like luggage. "No, tell him and run" she tried to get up, but the man pushed her down with a hand. Every thing went black.



© 2010 marna


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on August 11, 2010
Last Updated on August 12, 2010


Author

marna
marna

Surrey, Canada



About
ummm...im me i guess idk =3 more..

Writing
diary diary

A Story by marna


me or you me or you

A Poem by marna


the new life the new life

A Book by marna