a Nymph

a Nymph

A Chapter by marna

chapter 4


Caly went into her closet. Malia had come to her in her dreams again. She grabbed a bag. She put pants and shirts in it, she put a pair on. She grabbed all her money and went out the door. She put her hair up. It was the middle of the night. 
Suddenly she was grabbed, it was Jack. “where are you going, and at this time?" he whispered, she pulled away “I have to go to Balio and..." she was cut off "Did a girl named Malia come in your dreams?" Caly backed away from him "yes" she said. He grabbed her again and took her to a storage closet. 
“She told me that I was to help a girl go to Balio" he told her. Caly looked away “She did not tell me anyone was to come with me." she told him. “She said she would not tell you. She also said I had to show you something." Caly look up. Jack lifted his hand. Fire engulfed his hand, Caly jumped back. She stared at him hand. When she reached for his hand he pulled away and the fire went out. "Why did you try to touch the fire” she was still shocked by what she had seen. "I had a feeling it wouldn’t hurt me" she walked a little closer to him. He pulled her toward him. She hugged him first, then he hugged her too. She thought then they’re in a storage closet, any one could walk in. she pulled away. He was superised. She kissed his cheek. “Meet me in the stalls a midnight." she told him. She turned and left. There was an hour and a half left till that time. He waited a few minutes then left.

When Jack came to the stalls he heard laughing. Caly and the stable boy were talking. When they saw him they stopped. The stable boy said some thing in a foreign language, Caly started laughing. "What’d he say?" he asked. Caly stopped laughing. "It was nothing" she told him. She went to a couple of horses. She got on, "Come on we must leave now while the guards are changing" Jack raised an eye brow. "What, I sneak out some times lets go." He got on his horse. 
They left. Caly was smiling. "I feel free." she said. Jack shook his head “until they find us gone. Then we'll be taken back and your father will think I kidnapped you and so much stuff will happen." Caly glared at him. He was smiling.

They left the city, into the forest. Caly was whispering something. Jack rode up beside her “What are you doing?" he asked. She looked up. "Oh, I was trying a spell Malia told me" she smiled. She showed him what was in her hand. It was a turquoise glass ball. "Wow, that’s beautiful. What is it." he asked. She looked at it “I don’t know, she told me to try it. She said I’d be able to figure it out when its time" "My feet hurt" some one said. They stopped and looked around. There was a person walking not far from them, it was Talia. Caly was surprised "What are you doing out here?" she asked. Talia ran over to them. "You guys left me, so I followed you" she told them. The two stared at her. 
"Hey Caly?" she said 
"Yeah" 
"Move, I’m taking your horse" Caly looked at her “no you’re ..." she was cut off by Jack coming up and grabbing her by the waist. She sat in front of him. She sat up right. She tried to protest but she could only sit there, being happy. “Thanks, Jack" Talia said. They road on. Caly didn’t try the spell again. She fell asleep.

She was dreaming. Malia sat at a river bed. A butterfly was on her nose "come and sit." she said with out a glance to Caly. Caly sat on a rock. “Did you know you have the power to heal and heal with water?" she said. Caly looked at her and blinked. "No, why would I know that" 
"It’s not the only power you have," Caly stared out onto the river. "You have the power to track things." Caly didn’t look at her. “You feel that tickle at the back of your head" Caly nodded. "Ok, try to grab the feeling" Caly closed her eyes. There was a tickle in her hand. She put her hand out in front of her. She saw it, her fathers top guard squad on horse coming toward them. She opened her eyes “how far are they?" 
"You’re the one to figure that out. This is only temporary" Malia disappeared. Everything was black.

She almost jumped out of the saddle her and Jack sat on. She remembered the guards. Some one was talking to her. She looked around, it was Jack "What, I didn’t hear you" 
"What’s wrong? You’re shacking". She glanced behind them there was nothing, but in her mind she saw the guards coming fast and they would be there soon. She looked forward "we need to find a place to hide" she was scared. Jack held Caly closer. He got the horse in to a run. On the side of the road there was an old road with branches and long grass. Caly grabbed the reins and pulled. The horse stopped and went on its two back legs. Caly gasped, the horse was backing up. Jack grabbed the saddle and held Caly closer. 
"What? What do you see?" Caly pointed to the hidden trail. Jack lowered his head "don’t do that again" Caly nodded. They got off their horses and walked down the trail. A little after they heard the guard squad pass them on the trail. They found a place to set up camp. Caly went to a river near by. She sat on a log looking into the water. She saw that fish were coming near the shore. Caly noticed that the water was calling her. She put her hand in the water. The call became stronger. She put her feet in the water, and then started walking. 
She was waist deep when she came to her senses. She noticed the water at her waist. She was far from shore. She tried to walk back, but she was stuck. There was ice around her feet. She struggled. The river became faster. The river wanted her. She stopped struggling. She was about to yell when she remembered, the guard squad will be around. She could not yell for help, she could not move, she could only wait for death. "Caly" it was Talia. She told Talia to get Jack. The ice slid up her legs from her sudden movement. The river became a little stronger. Talia left, running. Caly's foot slipped she fell. Jack saw her fall in; he had come looking for her. He jumped into the river. Caly saw him. He swam to her. Before he could grab her, she grabbed him. He put an arm around her. 
They surfaced with a gasp. The river was coming to an end. They saw it, a water fall. Not knowing how far the fall was, Jack got closer to the shore, Caly slipped. Jack grabbed her hand, with her other hand she grabbed his sleeve. He pulled her to him. He got even closer to the shore. 
He could touch the ground. He shifted his feet so they were buried. The rapid water flow lessened. They got on shore. Jack didn’t let Caly go. "Are you ok?" he asked breathless. She nodded also breathless. He hugged her. Caly let him for a second, and she pulled away. He looked at her. She kissed him. He kissed her back. When they stopped Caly was smiling. Jack was smiling too. He stood up. Caly got up also they walked back to the camp. It was a good half hour walk.

When they got back Talia was sitting waiting for them. "What happened?" She said. Caly just smiled and shook her head. Jack was laughing. Talia glared at them. "It’s almost lunch and we have little food" Caly said, not looking at Talia. Jack nodded. "I know a good spell to use, if you want to travel to the next town?" Caly looked up. "What would the spell do?” she asked. Jack smiled. He put his hand to his chest. There was a bright light. It faded, he stood there smiling, his hair changed from brown and short to blond and long. Caly was laughing at his appirance. "I look that bad?" he asked, with a smile. Caly stopped laughing, she started to blush "you look ok, but I like your brown hair." he grabbed some hair. "What wrong with this hair?" he asked. 
"It always looks dirty that way" she looked away. He walked over to her. He put his hand on her arm. The light engulfed her. It soon disappeared. Her hair was crimson now and it was longer. She gasped, and took a step back. "Why is my hair this color?" she asked. Jack looked confused, “it was suppose to be blond”, and he gasped then. She looked up. "What?" she asked. 
"Your eyes are ice blue" he told her. "That’s not part of the spell" Caly tripped over a log, she screamed so loud that the birds in the trees flew away, Jack grabbed her hand and pulled her to him before she hit the ground. When she opened her eyes her hair was back to brown. “We have to leave” she said. Jack nodded. 
“But where is there to go?" Caly tried to think, something at the river call her. A small voice said, 
Come to the river and we shall play
Caly shook her head. “We might be able to cross the river" Jack said.
Listen to him, the voice said. They packed up. Caly, still hearing the voice, was worried. They got on their horses
At the river Caly heard the voice better, 
you have come to us. Caly was frightened. What is this voice? In the distance she heard the guards coming. The horses slowly went into the river. The squad was just coming out of the thick part of the forest. The three were across the river. The vice captain in front looked across the river. "Captain Nelo?" he said. Jack looked at them, shook his head with a smile, then road on. The squad tried to cross the river. Half way through the water quickened. The men crossing the river were thrown from there horses. They landed in trees. The small voice was no more a call in Caly’s head. "Why do you not come to us" the voice said. A rope of water came out of the river. Jack stopped the horse to see what happened. The rope hit him without warning. He flew off the horse. It wrapped around Caly. She gasped; it lifted her off the horse. It pulled her right into the river. Jack fell in a bush. He got up and ran to the river. There was a line standing at the edge of the river. They were staring at it. Jack pushed through. They all moved. He glared at the water. Some one grabbed his arm. "There is nothing you can do now" he said. The other men nodded.



© 2010 marna


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on August 11, 2010
Last Updated on August 12, 2010


Author

marna
marna

Surrey, Canada



About
ummm...im me i guess idk =3 more..

Writing
diary diary

A Story by marna


me or you me or you

A Poem by marna


the new life the new life

A Book by marna